Princess Haya of Jordan to Sheikh Mohamad Bin Rashad Al-Maktoum of Dubai: 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
semisquare , here is a picture for them :)

my.php

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I've always felt that Princess Muna has carried herself with great class and dignity. She appears to be on friendly terms with all the members of the Jordanian royal family, I've seen her at most family weddings, including Hamzah's and Haya's.
I dont know about her role in the lives of Ali and Haya after Queen Alia's death but I do think that she does have feelings of warmth for them, eventhough KH left her for their mother. Not many women would be that forgiving or generous (eventhough the kids aren't to blame when something like that happens)
It is quite clear, at least to me, that Ali and Haya have warmer feelings for Princess Muna than they do for Queen Noor.

Thanks for elaborating ~Humera~! Muna must be an exceptionally big-hearted person.
And as for Noor--come to think of it, she wasn't even at this wedding! If that's not telling, what is!:eek:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Just wanted to add that I think Princess Haya made a lovely, angelic bride.

I totally agree with you--she's one of the best royal brides of late, in my opinion.

Quick question: her new husband has another wife already: why wasn't she at the wedding also, or is that not the custom?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I guess the deaths in Sheikh Muhammad's family have put to rest the talk of a lavish wedding reception that was supposed to be take place soon after the marriage.
Sheikh Muhammad was already <the> de facto ruler of Dubai: now that the official one died, does Muhammad get the official title of First prince of Dubai or whatever the title is?

princess olga said:
And as for Noor--come to think of it, she wasn't even at this wedding! If that's not telling, what is!:eek:

well she wasn't present at Haya's or Ali's wedding. But I think most of us weren't surprised. Her children were present though. At least the siblings seem to have a very close and affectionate relationship as you can probably tell from the pictures.

Quick question: her new husband has another wife already: why wasn't she at the wedding also, or is that not the custom?

I dont know about custom but it would be highly unlikely wouldn't it? I dont think the first wife is ever present.

Sheikh Muhammad was already <the> de facto ruler of Dubai: now that the official one died, does Muhammad get the official title of First prince of Dubai or whatever the title is?

I've wondered about that too. The arabic title is Emir, I believe. In English he's always called the "ruler of Dubai"
This article says Sheikh Muhammad has already been appointed PM
http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Politics&loid=8.0.246967450&par=0

Ok ahs anyone actually considered that she might be happy being married to him? I would have been happy for her if it was'nt for the fact that he already has a wife-that is sooo...centuries ago

Lil princess lost said:
Ok ahs anyone actually considered that she might be happy being married to him? I would have been happy for her if it was'nt for the fact that he already has a wife-that is sooo...centuries ago

She certainly looks happy in the photos I have seen but I have to agree not getting married under the best circumstances but I think she may be wouldn't have married him if Sheikha Hind was still a big part of Mo's life. perhaps the marriage with Sheikha Hind was one in name only for a number of years and rather than disgrace Hind by divorcing her, he has 'put her tp one side'. Just goes to show that it is still a man's world. i think both ladies deserved to be in a better position than 'unwanted wife' and 'husband stealer' as I have seen written about both ladies.

I can only hope that it was an equitable agreement on all sides and everyone is happy with the arrangement.

I feel sorry to Princess Haya, she is smart,independent, pretty, why she married with married man ?

Samirah Abdullah said:
I feel sorry to Princess Haya, she is smart,independent, pretty, why she married with married man ?

I am very disappointed too. How long have they been married for now? :confused: :)

bebe_ocho said:
Is the Sheikh the one they show on TV (Discovery Channel I think...) that dreams up all those infrastructures in Dubai? Infrastructures like the man-made canal (like in Venice) in the middle of the desert... and the Palm Islands

yep, he's the one. National Geographic featured the Palm Islands, that man-made, palm-shaped resort. ;)

Yes i think that....

Samirah Abdullah said:
yes.... I agree with you....

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe they fell in love it does happen married man or not.

samitude said:
I wonder what King Abdullah and Queen Rania think of all this. King Abdullah looks like he's trying to put on a brave face because he would rather her marry differently.

Even King Hussein divorced his wives or re-married after they died. I'm feeling for the first wife of this prince. Can you imagine knowing you are either being replaced or are having to "share" your husband? (shudder, shudder, shudder) :angry:

All of your scandal amuses me. You are all really funny and incredibly ethnocentric...to react to this marriage in such a way. The Islamic tradition is different, just as is the culture. You may not understand it, but just because you don't does not make something like polygamy universally wrong or immoral. I am only surprised that she did not take a European husband, or someone so liberally Muslim that he barely qualifies.

I am proud of her for marrying well, and marrying within the ranks of royalty. As for the first wife, that is a status that the woman will retain, and the culture makes every accommodation for the family to be a fully-functional one. Just because the cultural norm is different in the Islamic world from the "Western" or Christian one does not mean that it is wrong...

...better to know that one is being replaced and will retain her position as first wife than be cast out and pushed aside, I suppose. OR to be left in a loveless marriage.

I strongly recommend that you read up on the Islamic institution of marriage, and make sure that the sources that you look at are credible and not biased against Islam. The idea is not really to replace the first wife, as the Sheikh must treat all of his wives equally. And he can afford them...hahaha...

Cantik said:
Because she is one of 12 orphans with an expensive equestrian habit, and he has a lot of money. And I don't think there is anything wrong with marrying for money. There's a whole article on it in today's NYTimes--I think H and M (oh, cute!) had a little more time to get to know each other! Korean Men Use Brokers to Find Brides in Vietnam - New York Times

Last edited:
April 10: 3rd Wedding anniversary of Princess Haya& Sheikh Mohammed

Today is 3rd Wedding anniversary of Princess Haya Bent Al Hussein of Jordan and Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Happy Wedding-Day!

Prince of Chota said:
All of your scandal amuses me. You are all really funny and incredibly ethnocentric...to react to this marriage in such a way. The Islamic tradition is different, just as is the culture. You may not understand it, but just because you don't does not make something like polygamy universally wrong or immoral. I am only surprised that she did not take a European husband, or someone so liberally Muslim that he barely qualifies.

I am proud of her for marrying well, and marrying within the ranks of royalty. As for the first wife, that is a status that the woman will retain, and the culture makes every accommodation for the family to be a fully-functional one. Just because the cultural norm is different in the Islamic world from the "Western" or Christian one does not mean that it is wrong...

...better to know that one is being replaced and will retain her position as first wife than be cast out and pushed aside, I suppose. OR to be left in a loveless marriage.

I strongly recommend that you read up on the Islamic institution of marriage, and make sure that the sources that you look at are credible and not biased against Islam. The idea is not really to replace the first wife, as the Sheikh must treat all of his wives equally. And he can afford them...hahaha...

I'm sorry to get you angry, it is true that according to the Islamic law a man can wed up to 4 wifes, if I'm not wrong. Youy should understand that WE Occidental we are used to another way of life including the theoretical monogamy.
As regards the PH husband, i do not know many details. He is still married, yes, HOW MANY TIMES? Are his previous spouse(s) still involve in his life, or not? He may be still married in "papers" but the question is, does his share his life between all his spouse(s) or NOW he is only with PH?
The reply to all these question makes a huge difference. Of course depending how a woman has been grown up it changes if she finds normal a way of life or if she finds it scandaleous. The polygamy is common to the islamic law but not only. The mormons live in polygamy, a husband lives with 4 or 5 or more wifes, and he fully shares his life and his bed with them.
MY PERSONNAL feeling is that i would not accept to live with a husband who also has 2 or 3 other wifes in his life.

As regards Princes Haya, I think that she did this marriage by love. They are a nice couple, and they seem both in love. The age difference does not shock me, late King Husein had 16 years of difference with Queen Noor, they made a happy couple.
It means that, IF he still has his other spouse(s) PH is used to this, and she does not suffer. PH is a rich woman, her brother is a King, and her father was a King. She has equestrian skills, she is European oriented and she is well known and beautiful; she fits perfectly on BOTH two worlds, Islamic and Occidental. She made this choice by a free decision, and not by obligation, so all my wishes to her and to her couple.

Last edited:
I don't think P Haya would want people to feel sorry for her. It was a choice she participated in, and IMO, she doesn't seemed to regret it.

There are many muslim good-looking princes that Prince Haya could have choosen to marry and one of those in her age group as for intease: The Crown Prince of Bahrain is handsome and smart plus he is in her age group.
I am still trying to figure out wy would she marry this man. I hope she finds happiness somehow out of this werid situation in my opinion.

Maybe she chose her husband based on other attributes besides looks and age.

I don't agree with polygamy, but to each culture their own. I only hope that she is happy and that she is loved and cared for.

sommone said:
Maybe she chose her husband based on other attributes besides looks and age.

I agree with one that but about the man's age and plus he has to be smart too.

I don't agree with polygamy, either. But yes...If they are happy sharing their husband with other women, that's perfect for them.

I hope she'll be happy. ..His husband seems nice and intelligent. That's important for someone who marries.

Vanesa.

Prince of Chota said:

Yes. You are right. It depends the way you see it.

I'm not very used to polygamy (not for religion even if I am a Christian a thing that I supposes is not wrong, nor for I'm an ethnocentric...You know I'm not), but for I think the true love is just one (I'm desperately romantic..that yes, for sure), not for any obscure reason other than this one.

However, I think you made an important point: Princess Haya married a husband who is from Ryalty. This is very odd nowadays and priceless. The Royal-to-Royal marriages are disappearing and I was getting worried for this. The very Monarchy Institution is in danger if there are not more Royal marriages. I'm not againts Royal-Commoner marriages, far from that (if the marriage is for true love, welcome all commoners of the world!) But if the Royal-Commoner thing is almost the only one you may find, something is going wrong there. Nowadays, almost all Royal marriages are with commoners. We must say a great "Congratulations!" to Princess Haya to have choice a Royal among all men she knew. And I think she loves him. Saying she married for money it's a calomny without any basis behind it...

And no; I do not like people who marries for money (even if an article said it's good...Nowadays journalist accepts all kind of inmoralities) or to have a highest social position. :mad: I bet Princess Haya is not one of these.

Vanesa.

If Haya's marriage is arranged then she's really not that different from the millions of other people have have arranged marriages. So long as she is happy with the outcome that's what counts.

Little_star said:
If Haya's marriage is arranged then she's really not that different from the millions of other people have have arranged marriages. So long as she is happy with the outcome that's what counts.
I agree with you

Let's stay on topic....the purpose of this thread is to discuss the actual wedding day of Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohamad...not to analyze the reasons for their marriage.

Back
Top Bottom