Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: October 12, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the cake colors...love the initials on the bottom...but past that nothing exceptional. Typical wedding cake.

LaRae

The whole wedding was perfect. The bridal gown, the bride, the groom (sweet were the tears behind his glasses), her majestic tiara ....

You could feel the love between Eugenie and Jack. His parents seems to be down-to-earth.

I wish them all the best and that their love never will end.

I haven't seen a picture of Jacks family yet. Has anyone got a link?

What a truly beautiful service.

The bride looked gorgeous..the groom very nervous but handsome! I love the bridesmaids and page outfits...how lovely that Eugenie included her cousins's children and goddaughter in her wedding party. I especially love how happy everyone was....you can see it on Eugenie and Jack's faces, the faces of Andrew, Sarah and Beatrice and the rest of the royal family. They were all smiles when Eugenie came up the aisle.

Did anyone notice James Oglivy in the crowd? He is one of Eugenie's god fathers.

A truly lovely day (wind notwithstanding).

Zenouska Mowatt attended the wedding.

What a beautiful truly In love couple.
The cake is what a wedding cake looks like, you can tell the pastry chef knows her stuff. As a pastry chef myself i’m Impressed.

I didn’t see the carriage ride - had to leave for work- but there weren’t a lot of people when they exited the church.
I did loved seeing her dress when she exited.
She is a gorgeous bride.

Nice wedding. Andrew's comment was totally uncalled for.

I saw someone mentioned Lady Sarah earlier, but is there a picture that I’ve missed?

It was a beautiful wedding indeed. What comment by Andrew?

He said, "there will be a few more guests here today than Harry and Meghan had, but that is the nature of Eugenie and Jack, they have so many friends".

Andrew in his own competition with his nephew. It is bizarre.

beautiful bride! loved that her dress had so much significance, with eugenie wanting to show her scoliosis scar on her special day. and that tiara! it is stunning and a show stopper. so pleased the queen loaned it to her, after so many years in the vaults. what a beauty, matches eugenie's green eyes. i thought she'd use the york tiara, but this is a million times better!

the couple looked beaming. hoping we get a glimpse of them leaving for their evening party. ?

He said, "there will be a few more guests here today than Harry and Meghan had, but that is the nature of Eugenie and Jack, they have so many friends".

i don't see this Andrew in his own competition with his nephew or as inappropriate. harry and meghan's was the last royal wedding so he is just using it as a point of comparison to highlight that eugenie and jack are sociable, well-liked people. hardly inappropriate when it is your daughter's wedding and you are the father of the bride and admire her sociable traits, whilst also a recognition of jack's friendship skills.

I never realised that the Princess was so closed to Robbie Williams and wife to have there daughter as a brides maid

Andrew in his own competition with his nephew. It is bizarre.

Now we know where Andrew's head was. Bizarre, and a bit sad, too.

Yes, inferring that his nephew and bride are not as sociable, well-liked or have as many friends as his daughter and Jack, is neither kind, tactful, or indeed accurate, as quite a few of the guests today were at the May wedding as well, showing that both couples move in the same circles and have many friends in common.

Last edited:
I loved Kates outfit that colour is so lovely. Sorry didn't like Meghans outfit I find her pretty boring fashion wise. Lot's off hats took flight there were some very nice gentlemen running after them. I thought Pixie Geldof looked awful. Cara Delvegne whatever her name it showed up in a tux. George and Amal didn't go which is a little weird because people thought Jack was George's connection to Harry and Meghan. Not as many celebs with this one. There were horrible dresses.

George was in a pretty serious motorbike accident a month or so ago, it’s possible they choose to sit this one out at the last minute.
Or maybe one of the twins was sick and they choose to stay in.
They made get still join the party.

i don't see this Andrew in his own competition with his nephew or as inappropriate. harry and meghan's was the last royal wedding so he is just using it as a point of comparison to highlight that eugenie and jack are sociable, well-liked people. hardly inappropriate when it is your daughter's wedding and you are the father of the bride and admire her sociable traits, whilst also a recognition of jack's friendship skills.

He could have praised his daughter without mentioning the Sussexes. His tone was weird and he clearly felt some type of way. There was no reason for it but I am hardly shocked he did it either.

Unfortunate, but the Duke isn't noted for his tact...

Last edited:
I've always tried to give Andrew the benefit of the doubt in some of his actions.

I don't think he means to slight his nephew or be in any type of competition but I take his comment as an attempt to justify Eugenie's somewhat public somewhat private wedding.

But either way, he isn't helping.

At the end of the day, its Eugenie and Jack's day and they look happy. Very happy!

I loved Kates outfit that colour is so lovely. Sorry didn't like Meghans outfit I find her pretty boring fashion wise. Lot's off hats took flight there were some very nice gentlemen running after them. I thought Pixie Geldof looked awful. Cara Delvegne whatever her name it showed up in a tux. George and Amal didn't go which is a little weird because people thought Jack was George's connection to Harry and Meghan. Not as many celebs with this one. There were horrible dresses.

I really would like to see Duchess Meghan’s dress when she takes the coat off. The coat hides the dress.

Again I think the ladies were asked to wear dark colors so the bride stands out.

What a beautiful truly In love couple.
The cake is what a wedding cake looks like, you can tell the pastry chef knows her stuff. As a pastry chef myself i’m Impressed.

I didn’t see the carriage ride - had to leave for work- but there weren’t a lot of people when they exited the church.
I did loved seeing her dress when she exited.
She is a gorgeous bride.

The ones on the opposite side of the street from the church exit were some that were chosen to be on the grounds. People couldn't just be there.

And yes, Eugenie was a beautiful bride and had a lovely dress.

By juxtaposing the number of guests at Eugenie and Jack's wedding to the number of guests Harry and Meghan's wedding and putting difference in numbers down to Eugenie and Jack being "sociable and well-liked", you're indirectly saying that Harry and Meghan aren't that and as such didn't have as many guests. That's a pretty strange comment to make if you ask me.

I can’t watch the video on YouTube because it’s blocked on copyright grounds.

I've always tried to give Andrew the benefit of the doubt in some of his actions.

I don't think he means to slight his nephew or be in any type of competition but I take his comment as an attempt to justify Eugenie's somewhat public somewhat private wedding.

But either way, he isn't helping.

At the end of the day, its Eugenie and Jack's day and they look happy. Very happy!

I agree. I don't think Andrew was trying to slight H&M. I think his comment was his way of answering the criticism about the wedding. IMO he should have just ignored all the criticism and enjoyed the day.

It was a beautiful ceremony. I loved everything about it...the decorations, the music, the bridesmaids/page outfits and of course Eugenie's dress. Eugenie and Jack just radiated happiness.

The decorations on the cake are gorgeous. I know Sophie Cabot said she was nervous because she had never made a cake of this scale, but she did a great job.

of the little bridal attendants matched the abstract art print on the Order of Service.

https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/files/media/order_of_service_0.pdf

I didn't even notice that. What a nice touch.

Eugenie and Jack left the afternoon reception in the car from the James Bond movie (Spectre).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tle-Princess-Eugenie-wed-Jack-Brooksbank.html

Last edited:

I hope he didn’t really mean that the way it sounded. It sounds like he’s saying they’re friendlier, more sociable, nicer....something “better” than Harry/Meghan. So they have more guests.

Bottom line- Eugenie and Jack chose to invite more people than Harry and Meghan. I think Andrew was trying to justify the additional numbers and it came out badly. He shouldn’t have had to- or felt he had to. But maybe he did.

Oh WOW, I didn't notice how intricate the cake was until I saw this pic. Sophie did a marvelous job and while it may not be many, she's gained a couple thousand followers!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo13KwYAiem/?hl=en&taken-by=sophiecabot

Yes. The cake is beautiful. I like the autumn colors, monogram and details...just lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom