Princess Caroline of Monaco and Phillipe Junot, 29 June 1978

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EmpressRouge said:
I read he went on to marry someone else and had children. Caroline hoped that would persuade him to support her petition to the Vatican for the annulment of their earlier marriage.
Did he support her during that? Didn't it take like 8 or 10 years for her to get an annulment?

I think it was annuled in 1992 or 1993.But i'm not sure

It was some time after Stefano died.

iowabelle said:
It was some time after Stefano died.

I looked in wikipedia and it says the marriage was finally annulled in 1992.

I wonder if the process might have been quicker if Caroline had not been a princess, or if she had not given birth out of wedlock (although the latter is irrelevant to the validity of the Junot marriage).

Hello to all,

I've always enjoyed looking at the pictures of Princess Caroline's first wedding pics. I've been wondering if there is a video of her first wedding on the internet or on video. I saw a little bit of her wedding on TV once. :flowers:

Thanks,
Chantal Clement:heart:

I looked in wikipedia and it says the marriage was finally annulled in 1992.

I wonder if the process might have been quicker if Caroline had not been a princess, or if she had not given birth out of wedlock (although the latter is irrelevant to the validity of the Junot marriage).

I have read in a couple of books that John Paul II was very upset with Caroline when she became pregnant with her first child and had an audience with him...so that she could petition for the annulment of her marriage to Junot. She did not want her child born out of wedlock in the eyes of the Church. This was in late 1983, early 1984. According to published reports he refused the request and told her to her face that he was very disappointed in her.

It was not until about 1992, after the death of Stefano Casiraghi, that the late pontiff granted the annulment and it was at this time that he legitimized all three of Caroline's children.

Hi,

I don't want to be rude to say this but there is a post I wrote about Princess Caroline and Philippe Junot's first wedding, I asked if there is her wedding video on DVD or on the internet. No one seems to answer my question. I hope someone will answer my question.

Thanks,
Chantal Clement.:);)

Hi,

I don't want to be rude to say this but there is a post I wrote about Princess Caroline and Philippe Junot's first wedding, I asked if there is her wedding video on DVD or on the internet. No one seems to answer my question. I hope someone will answer my question.

Thanks,
Chantal Clement.:);)

Hi Chantal-

That wedding was in the late 70's when VHS was really new and DVD's were unheard of. Maybe someone has a recording of it on Amazon.com? Otherwise I would have no idea where to find such a recording.

Hi, CaliforniaDreamim

Thank you for your help.:) I know it was in the late 1970s and I can try to check if there was any VHS on Amazon.com.

Chantal :flowers:

What was with that Princess Laya hair? The dress is lovely, but understated, not what I would have liked for Caroline. She deserved to have one extravagant dress for her one and only wedding gown.

You are welcome, Queenforthelight. The article is from Time magazine.
The pictures are really awesome, Steven and Queenforthelight.;)
I've never seen a few of them before. Thank you for posting them.:)

These pictures are beautiful! Thank you so much for posting them, Steven.;) Caroline looked so happy and beautiful.:)

Caroline's dress was certainly unique and very pastoral. In one of the biographies I read about Grace, they described Caroline's look on her wedding day as virginal...which, uh, ironic considering what the tabloids captured about her teen years and relationship with Junot.

Caroline looks so radiant, glowing... there's such an aura of dream and hope around her! She really deserved another attitude from junot's

Awesome pictures, yo'all ! It's so nice to see something new after all these years of the same old tired pictures. These new ones show her dress in a completely different way, much more interesting and delicate as you view it from different angles, including the back. Thank you so much for posting !

Great pics everyone! Some are new to me :) Chantal C does the Time Magazine article have more pics or info? This pic http://i43.tinypic.com/21o6irr.jpg is from 1979's Rose Ball, not from the dinner party after the Civil Wedding. I was wondering if anyone has more pics of the Pre-Wedding Ball and the guests?

Maybe some of you have seen it already, but I'll post it to complemment this thread, near the end of the video you can see scenes from the Pre-Wedding Ball :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia_9DZxS34c

Time magazine does not have any more articles or pics of Caroline and Philippe's wedding, Monaco70s. I watched the video that you posted. Thank you for the video. I noticed that Caroline and Philippe are not at the pre-wedding ball in the video. I was wondering if anyone has any more videos of the pre-wedding ball with Caroline and Philippe.

Which Tiara wore Princess Grace for the pre-wedding ball ??

All that money for an only 2 years wedding..
Lucky that the late Princess Grace did not assist at Stephanie's weddings specially the one with the italian circus man ..

Which Tiara wore Princess Grace for the pre-wedding ball ??
Princess Grace wore her own Cartier diamond tiara, acquired shortly before her daughter's first wedding.
See post # 12 in the 'Princess Grace jewelry' topic for a close up.

Back
Top Bottom