Princess Astrid of Norway and Johan Martin Ferner, 12 January 1961

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uriel

Commoner
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Hey, does anyone have images about the wedding of Princess Astrid of Norway and Johan Martin Ferner on 12 January 1961 in Oslo?
Thanks in advance.

Two more pictures from the Royal Weddings Message Board: :)

Thanks for posting the scans. I love the bottom of the dress. do you know which tiara she's wearing? I can't make it out.

According to the New York Times, "the private nature of the wedding was emphasized by the fact that no official representatives of any foreign country were present."

According to the New York Times, "the private nature of the wedding was emphasized by the fact that no official representatives of any foreign country were present."

I guess Margrethe doesn't count as an official rep from a foreign country?

Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

(I hope this link works. if not, just search Dronning Margrethe Harald. it's photo 288 & 289 of 455)

She was probably invited as a friend of the bride, not as a representative for Denmark.

I suppose, but I guess it's just semantics. She's still a foreign royal, and a high profile one at that.

I suppose, but I guess it's just semantics. She's still a foreign royal, and a high profile one at that.
If seeing it as "just semantics" and consider any foreign royal as always being a representative for their country and not as a "private guest" at a wedding (or any other celebration), it would mean that royals would not be able to invite foreign royal relatives as guests if they want the event to be private. My guess is that the wedding of for example princess Margaretha of Sweden in 1964 was also considered to be a private family wedding and at least queen Ingrid of Denmark was there as the bride's aunt and not as a representative of Denmark, I don't know if there were other royals also invited as guests.

If seeing it as "just semantics" and consider any foreign royal as always being a representative for their country and not as a "private guest" at a wedding (or any other celebration), it would mean that royals would not be able to invite foreign royal relatives as guests if they want the event to be private. My guess is that the wedding of for example princess Margaretha of Sweden in 1964 was also considered to be a private family wedding and at least queen Ingrid of Denmark was there as the bride's aunt and not as a representative of Denmark, I don't know if there were other royals also invited as guests.

you can still have a private wedding, but have foreign representatives. I don't see the two as mutually exclusive, but again, it's semantics. And it's just the way I see it. To me, in terms of a royal wedding (i.e. weddings where foreign dignitaries, if you will, attend) anyone from any other royal house, regardless of them being related to the bride/groom, are a foreign rep. I think you can be a private guest, but still be a rep for your country.

Beautiful photograph's , a very well suited couple .

Back
Top Bottom