Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Evening Wedding Reception - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The top part of the evening dress is not good, the bust area looks rather odd.

I know. I was kind of hoping for a different look for the evening. Hair up and maybe a jewel toned dress. Its pretty but a little boring. She does look happy though.

I hope Pippa doesn't plan on dancing too much, she might pop out of that dress!

And where's Harry? That man always looks good in a tux.

The top part of the evening dress is not good, the bust area looks rather odd.

I agree. Both the bottice of this dress and of the wedding dress look too conical, like something from the '50's.

Carole Middleton:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/29/article-1382015-0BD6FF7500000578-423_306x782.jpg

This black gown is from Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2009 RTW Collection:
Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com

Her earrings and necklace are from Robinson Pelham:
http://www.robinsonpelham.com/Uploads/Product/Images/Large/Image531.jpg
http://www.robinsonpelham.com/Uploads/Product/Images/Large/Image485.jpg

These are set with blue topaz, but they also have it available in moonstone. I think
Carole's are actually with moonstones rather than blue topaz, but hard to tell from the picture.
http://www.robinsonpelham.com/Uploads/Product/Images/Large/Image534.jpg

Carole looks much better. Love the jewels and hairdo.

I love Kate's evening dress and sweater. She looks so classic and elegant to me. And her mother looks gorgeous in this black gown!

That's a beautiful dress on Carole. She looked very classy in both her outfits today.

Beautiful gown. I liked it. Catherine seems to be all about elegant simplicity. She has a personal style and she sticks to it no matter what the critics say. Although it would be interesting to see it evolve over the next few years.

I'd love to see pix of other Royal guests at the reception.
As for Pippa a star is born !

i wish kate had worn either her sister's or her mother's dress! sooo much more interesting than what she wore in the evening.

is kate wearing the hip padding under the evening dress? it looks like it.

i like kate's hair so much more like this than the way she wore it for the wedding (which i thought overly restrained and flat).

I just say her walking in her second dress on BBC- I looooove how it moves! I am just blown away by this dress- and the whole ceremony/wedding/parties are wonderful!!!! :) so happy to have a new Duchess :)

I wonder if Catherine had spare wedding gowns made and chose to change slightly the accessories of one of them for the party tonight.

Anyone has a picture of Chelsy attending the evening reception? Many thanks

I loved the second dress Kate wore. Absolutely beautiful. She is such a lovely girl she doesn´t need too much on her hair,

So I guess the consensus is that the Duchess of Cambridge's evening reception dress is indeed a DIFFERENT dress from her wedding ceremony gown, even though they're very similar. I think Queen Rania had two similar Bruce Oldfield gowns for her wedding (and it looked like she just took off her jacket, but some have pointed out the differences). Personally, if I get to wear/spend the money two different dresses, I would make sure they'd completely differing styles so no one could confuse the two. It just seems like a waste of money if the second dress looks like you took off one jacket and added another and belt. I get that the train could be an issue, but they could have made it detachable or bustle it? Maybe it's just the pictures and it looks more different in person.

So I guess the consensus is that the Duchess of Cambridge's evening reception dress is indeed a DIFFERENT dress from her wedding ceremony gown, even though they're very similar. I think Queen Rania had two similar Bruce Oldfield gowns for her wedding (and it looked like she just took off her jacket, but some have pointed out the differences). Personally, if I get to wear/spend the money two different dresses, I would make sure they'd completely differing styles so no one could confuse the two. It just seems like a waste of money if the second dress looks like you took off one jacket and added another and belt. I get that the train could be an issue, but they could have made it detachable or bustle it? Maybe it's just the pictures and it looks more different in person.

I think it was done intentionally since this was the second reception. Since not all their guests were invited to the ceremony and the wedding brunch, this was a way to still be a bride without the formality of the original wedding dress. With this particular design, it also allows her to have more freedom of movement for dancing.

about the wedding dress, take a look at my post over at the wedding dress thread..i kinda saw something different..:p not sure! we'll leave it to the guesses

Carole does look lovely. Love the jewelry too!
Has anyone got pics of Chelsy or Zara's full gown?

I wonder if they are having a cake at the reception? They ate the other two at the luncheon.

i wonder if the party is still going on?

Prince Charles left the evening reception about 3 hours ago ....... it's now about 1am in the UK, so I suspect that the reception is over by now.

I can only hope Chelsy looks better at the reception than at the wedding.

Jayah said:
Prince Charles left the evening reception about 3 hours ago ....... it's now about 1am in the UK, so I suspect that the reception is over by now.

20/20 is live outside the Palace now and said it's still going on- remember Harry has a breakfast planned at 6am for those who pull an all night!

Back
Top Bottom