Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau and Anita van Eijk: August 25 and 27, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Squidgy said:
Ah, that's why the room looked familiar. It is so beautiful. This is the palace where the Queen has her offices too, isn't it? Is it open to the public at all? It looks like it would be such a wonderful place to visit.

The crownprince and crownprincess have their priate offices at Noordeinde 66, a house next to the palace (they can reach it from the inside of the palace). The bigger rooms for meetings with palace staff etc are in the palace and not in this house. The city of The Hague tried to convince the queen to open the palace in the summer months, but the queen always refused that. So the only way to see the palace is to get invited or to work there...

there are certain restored (restoration not paid by the royals as far as I know) rooms in huis ten bosch en noordeinde that I think the dutch have the right to see because they are part of the national heritage.

Marengo said:
The crownprince and crownprincess have their priate offices at Noordeinde 66, a house next to the palace (they can reach it from the inside of the palace). The bigger rooms for meetings with palace staff etc are in the palace and not in this house. The city of The Hague tried to convince the queen to open the palace in the summer months, but the queen always refused that. So the only way to see the palace is to get invited or to work there...

Princess Magrit has her hands full with two sons getting married this year. Both of new daughters-in-law seem to be very charming and both of her sons look head over heels in love.

Marengo said:

Thanks for the info Marengo. ... And I guess I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for a personal invite from the Queen ... :(

Some links for videos of Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding.

The civil wedding video can be found here. (Source: RTL News) I noticed how much Pieter-Christiaan and Bernhard Jr. look alike in this video, especially when they faced the cameras after the civil service.

You can hear them saying their "Ja's" in this video of the church service. (Source: Omroep.nl )

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the name of the song that Katie Melua performs in the above video? It's a very nice song.

Alexandria!!

Thank you for those links, they worked and wow!! That was beautiful. I am surprised there was singing in English though...

Alexandria said:
Some links for videos of Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding.

The civil wedding video can be found here. (Source: RTL News) I noticed how much Pieter-Christiaan and Bernhard Jr. look alike in this video, especially when they faced the cameras after the civil service.

You can hear them saying their "Ja's" in this video of the church service. (Source: Omroep.nl )

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the name of the song that Katie Melua performs in the above video? It's a very nice song.

Nine million bicycles from Katie Melua here is the text:

Nine Million Bicycles

There are nine million bicycles in Beijing
That's a fact,
It's a thing we can't deny
Like the fact that I will love you till I die.

We are twelve billion light years from the edge,
That's a guess,
No-one can ever say it's true
But I know that I will always be with you.

I'm warmed by the fire of your love everyday
So don't call me a liar,
Just believe everything that I say

There are six BILLION people in the world
More or less
and it makes me feel quite small
But you're the one I love the most of all

INTERLUDE
We're high on the wire
With the world in our sight
And I'll never tire,
Of the love that you give me every night

There are nine million bicycles in Beijing
That's a Fact,
it's a thing we can't deny
Like the fact that I will love you till I die

And there are nine million bicycles in Beijing
And you know that I will love you till I die.

misshelen said:
Nine million bicycles from Katie Melua here is the text:

Nine Million Bicycles

Thank you misshelen! :)

I was trying to figure out the song from the track plays at Amazon yesterday but would never have guessed this one from its name!

Do you (or anyone else) know what the connection between this singer and Pieter-Christiaan and Anita is? Is she a popular sing in the Netherlands? Or is she someone whom the couple like very much?

Pictures without watermark ANP

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 712
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 943
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 706
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 735
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 749
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 798
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 633
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 264
Misshelen - Thank you for posting these photos without watermarks. That is a funny photo of Maxima!

More pictures without watermark ANP and bigger than the earlier posted pics

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 781
  • zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 274
  • zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 259
  • zd.jpg
    zd.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 755
  • zf.jpg
    zf.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 409
  • zg.jpg
    zg.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 726
  • zh.jpg
    zh.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 697
More pictures in the church without watermark ANP and bigger than the earlier posted pics.

Attachments

• ya.jpg
    ya.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 900
  • yb.jpg
    yb.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 728
  • yc.jpg
    yc.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 783
  • y.jpg
    y.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 360
  • yd.jpg
    yd.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 819
More pictures leaving church without watermark ANP and bigger than the earlier posted pics

Attachments

• na.jpg
    na.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 363
  • nb.jpg
    nb.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 893
  • nc.jpg
    nc.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 332
  • nd.jpg
    nd.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 739
  • ne.jpg
    ne.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 844
More pictures without watermark ANP and bigger than the earlier posted pics

Attachments

• ua.jpg
    ua.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 253
  • ub.jpg
    ub.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 829
  • uc.jpg
    uc.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 249
  • ud.jpg
    ud.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 318
More pictures without watermark ANP and bigger than the earlier posted pics.

Attachments

• ma.jpg
    ma.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 318
  • mb.jpg
    mb.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 667
  • mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 314
  • md.jpg
    md.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 332
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 237
  • mf.jpg
    mf.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 714
  • mg.jpg
    mg.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 758
Alexandria said:

It is a nice song, and as MissHelen says, it is called "Nine Million Bicycles". You can listen to it and watch the video by going to this section of Katie Melua's website (http://www.katiemelua.com/cinema.htm).

New and old family and guests pictures without watermark Rex and ANP, bigger than the earlier posted pics.

Attachments

• ba.jpg
    ba.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 388
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 303
  • bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 336
  • bd.jpg
    bd.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 338
  • be.jpg
    be.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 246
  • bf.jpg
    bf.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 242
New and old family and guests pictures without watermark Rex and ANP, bigger than the earlier posted pics...

Attachments

• ca.jpg
    ca.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 253
  • cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 752
  • cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 222
Family pictures in the church without watermark ANP, bigger than the earlier posted pics.

Attachments

• da.jpg
    da.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 234
  • db.jpg
    db.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 317
  • dc.jpg
    dc.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 319
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 263
  • df.jpg
    df.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 263
  • dg.jpg
    dg.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 243
  • dh.jpg
    dh.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 297
New picture from Vorsten

Attachments

• anitaenpieterchristiaan.jpg
    anitaenpieterchristiaan.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 331
This week's Hello magazine has devoted 3 pages to the wedding.

Here are some of the pictures (a few have been posted before, but in a smaller version or with watermarks)

Photos: Rex & UPPA

Attachments

• Untitled-Scanned-01a.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-01a.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 424
  • Untitled-Scanned-02a.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-02a.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Untitled-Scanned-04a.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-04a.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Untitled-Scanned-05a.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-05a.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 757
  • Untitled-Scanned-06a.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-06a.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 357
  • Untitled-Scanned-07a.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-07a.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Untitled-Scanned-08a.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-08a.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 363
The pictures are great....but here is a weird question and yes tacky question. Who paid for this wedding? Was this courtesy of the state because he was (at least until his marriage) part of the Royal House? Just curious.

I still think Princess Maxima is the most elegant out of all of them. Her outfits are always so beautiful and appropriate.

Looking forward to when the youngest one gets married in October. Hopefully Princess Laurentien will have learned her lesson from the civil ceremony with that outfit.

Thanks for the scans from Hello! Squidgy! :)

I wonder why Bernhard Jr. and Annette weren't placed up front like Floris and Aimee, Maurits and Marilene, and Anita's family in this picture? I had a hard time finding Isabella until I spotted her way back in the right hand corner in Bernhard Jr.'s arms.

Yesterday I received a lovely package from Marianne (she is very good to me! :)) with a couple of Dutch magazines and newspapers that covered the wedding, which I will try and scan this weekend. One of them, Vorsten, misshelen has already posted a picture from, but more pictures inside, as well as Weekend.

If anybody can read Dutch and would be so kind as to volunteer to translate the text, I can scan it in, too, otherwise I will just scan in the images.

Alexandria said:
I wonder why Bernhard Jr. and Annette weren't placed up front like Floris and Aimee, Maurits and Marilene, and Anita's family in this picture? I had a hard time finding Isabella until I spotted her way back in the right hand corner in Bernhard Jr.'s arms.

You are very observant Alexandria! I never would have noticed Bernhard in the back row. He is pretty much faceless, hidden behind the hat of the woman in front of him. And I hope there is no one behind Maxima, because they would have little hope of being able to peep out from behind that hat!:)

Can't wait to see your scans from the package Marianne sent to you!:) And I would love to hear what the articles say about the wedding, so hopefully somebody will kindly volunteer to translate ...

Finally the pictures from Edwin Smulders are online..a little selection fro more pictures www.edwinsmulders.nl

Attachments

• Anita%20v%20Eijk%2027080552.jpg
    Anita%20v%20Eijk%2027080552.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Anita%20v%20Eijk%2027080588.jpg
    Anita%20v%20Eijk%2027080588.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Anita%20v%20Eijk%20ouders%202708058.jpg
    Anita%20v%20Eijk%20ouders%202708058.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,497
  • Anita%20v%20Eijk%20270805562.jpg
    Anita%20v%20Eijk%20270805562.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 322
A few more pictures of adorable Anna and Isabella at their uncle's wedding.

Source: Peter Smulders

I cannot read Dutch but I believe the photo caption identified this couple as Pieter van Vollenhoven's brother and his wife. Can anyone say for sure and what their names are?

:) Does anyone know if there is a possibility to buy this wedding??:)

Very special green suit! and I love her gown so much! It's just like Claire's gown which is my favorate~

Back
Top Bottom