Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau and Anita van Eijk: August 25 and 27, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
misshelen said:
hihi Tina.
I Like Aimee a lot, but this outfit was the worst i saw from her.

especially the hat was very bad

her dress Thursday was very nice

misshelen said:
Nice picture from the ball at Noordeinde Palace. From www.koninklijkhuis.nl

Yes, thank you so much for finding this picture MissHelen.:) Like Alexandria, I think it is my favourite picture too. It is romantic. And it makes the couple seem like any other couple on their wedding because it's a picture that is found in photo albums around the world - the newlyweds having their first dance together.

DutchRoyal, Marengo and Ropura, thanks so much for sharing your stories about attending the wedding. All the pictures posted are wonderful, but it's also nice to hear about what it was like to actually be there.

Marengo said:
To squidgy: I do not think Mabel is the favourite daughter-in-law of the queen, but the queen feels/felt the need to show publicly, now and f.e. during the birth of Amalia, that she accepted Mabel. As a newspaper put it in those days, she threw herself like a lioness in front of her daughter in law. Most women (in my family at least) behave like a lioness to protect their family, so it is nice to see that the queen is not different.

And Marengo, thanks (once again) for your insight in the relationship between Beatrix & Mabel. What you have said makes perfect sense to me.

Wasn't this a morning wedding? Did all the guests hang around all day until the evening? The people in the background of the photo have formal wear on. Pieter-Christian doesn't have his uniform on either.

samitude said:
Wasn't this a morning wedding? Did all the guests hang around all day until the evening? The people in the background of the photo have formal wear on. Pieter-Christian doesn't have his uniform on either.

the wedding was in the afternoon

Anyone else think that Anita's wedding dress was similar to Claire of Belgium's? I wouldn't blame her for copying Claire--both dresses were beautiful, and I absolutely adore that look/design. Also, imo, Anita's train resembled Maxima's.

EmpressRouge said:
Anyone else think that Anita's wedding dress was similar to Claire of Belgium's? I wouldn't blame her for copying Claire--both dresses were beautiful, and I absolutely adore that look/design. Also, imo, Anita's train resembled Maxima's.

I think it was the exact same dress along with the copycat from the movie Princess Diaries II.

Where's the originality here? That's what some should ask the designer...he was lazy, in my opnion.

Athena said:
I think it was the exact same dress along with the copycat from the movie Princess Diaries II.

Where's the originality here? That's what some should ask the designer...he was lazy, in my opnion.

Similar, yes, but I don't think they looked exactly the same. Personally, I liked Anita's better. The off-the-shoulder neckline on Claire's isn't really my style.

Thanks to all for posting all those pictures and stories! I completely missed the wedding since I was ill and in bed. Great to see that there are so many people around the globe who are interested in our -ehm how should I say it- sometimes quite exentric Dutch RF.

And exentric they surely are. Especially Laurentien with her horrible sense of fashion. Argh! Could someone please help her? I would really be relieved, because I think she is a nice person after all. But on the other hand, one needs something to laugh at from time to time. ;-)

And Anita was just beautiful. She seems really nice and so happy with her prince. :)

Did someone record the wedding and can send me a copy?Unfortunately the wedding wasn´t broadcasted here....:mad:

A few pictures from Cover

Attachments

• CAM5KHW9.jpg
    CAM5KHW9.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 285
  • CAJUYTBR.jpg
    CAJUYTBR.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 584
Picture from Johan Westra

Attachments

• ar.jpg
    ar.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,716
who is the lady holding Anita's train? her sister Caroline perhaps? I believe Annette also let her sisters carry her train, and with Marilene it was her sister Caroline van der Weede who did the same.

Attachments

• huwelijk-ppc-5-groot.jpg
    huwelijk-ppc-5-groot.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 891
  • huwelijk-ppc-cg3-groot.jpg
    huwelijk-ppc-cg3-groot.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • huwelijk-ppc-cg7-groot.jpg
    huwelijk-ppc-cg7-groot.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 447
  • huwelijk-ppc-cg27-groot.jpg
    huwelijk-ppc-cg27-groot.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,077
Marengo said:
who is the lady holding Anita's train? her sister Caroline perhaps? I believe Annette also let her sisters carry her train, and with Marilene it was her sister Caroline van der Weede who did the same.

I don't know Marengo. According to this website (http://www.familievanoranje.web-log.nl/) the bridesmaids are Anita's friends: Christiane Rohleder en Wendela van den Broek. In all of the hundreds of pictures posted, there must be one of Anita's sister, but I don't think anyone has pointed her out.

Thanks for the information, I am looking at the familypicture but I can not see any lady who resembles clearly. I should have taped the wedding as well!
And thank youi for the website, it has some pictures which I haven t seen before (the family on the boat in Italy for example).

Tina said:
wow! great pictures! :)

very nice pictures! The first two are made in the same hall in Noordeinde Palace where the Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima were photographed for Vanity Fair.

Thank you Tina for these wonderful videos.Anita was a lovely bride,I still hope that I can see the whole wedding.Does anyone know if there is a agency which will sell the wedding(VHS/DVD)?

Marengo said:
very nice pictures! The first two are made in the same hall in Noordeinde Palace where the Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima were photographed for Vanity Fair.

Ah, that's why the room looked familiar. It is so beautiful. This is the palace where the Queen has her offices too, isn't it? Is it open to the public at all? It looks like it would be such a wonderful place to visit.

This was a beautiful wedding. Quite Lovely!

Alexandria said:
Aimee looked very elegant at the civil service -- the pattern of her outfit reminded me a bit of Margriet's own black and white outfit -- but the terrible fuschia pink veil "hat" at the church service was awful.

Laurentien looked ghastly at both occasions! Sorry to say, but Loud Laurentien does not work for me. And what was with the big, and I mean big, moon ring she was sporting at the church service? Were she and Maxima working together to get satellite signals from Jupiter with her ring and Maxima's hat?

Maxima's outfit (excluding the hat) was nice on the whole, but rather garish for a wedding I thought. It was far too bright and my eyes hurt from looking at her attired head to toe in such a bright colour. Maybe if the hat had been smaller and in black or navy it would've been less hurtful to my eyes. As for the hat, she could've landed a plane on her head! It looked like something between a flying saucer and a farmer's straw hat! Talk about scaring away the crows!
Thanks, Alexandria! I thought I was the only one who noticed that pink pillbox terror on Aimee's head. What was she thinking??? I look forward to her civil and religious ceremonies with abundant interest.

Let us hope that by that time Maxima and Laurentien would have ditched that horrible designer. That designer must pick their clothing with her (his?) eyes closed and sealed with glue.

Hey! Somebody start a thread on the worst outfit worn by a royal to a civil and/or religious wedding:D :D :D

I'm sorry....but the Dutch princesses..I wonder sometimes, they have HORRIBLE taste in clothes for the most part. I think the only one who really, truly, can pull of an elegant and ladylike look is Princess Maxima. Even the Queen either looks overdone or very dowdy.

I cannot get over Princess Laurentien's outfit for the civil service. Even here in the U.S. that would have raised eyebrows as not being appropriate for a formal wedding.

It's sad when you sigh with relief at Laurentien's (hideous) outfit for the church wedding and say "it's not that bad."

Laurentien is such a lovely woman with absolutely AWFUL fashion sense. An occasional change is okay because it's fun to try new looks, but she's stuck in the "ugo" (really ugly) clothes section. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Queen Beatrix needs to take some control because Laurentien is representing her family and making everyone gag at her clothing!;) Someone help the woman.

Maxima looked very nice, but it was probably a little rude to attract so much attention for herself on someone ELSE'S wedding day...

I agree with you, Lady Marmalade, that Queen Beatrix sometimes looks very frumpy. Often times, the lines in her clothing are not the most flattering for her body. For both the civil and religious weddings though, I think the Queen did a marvelous job. The colors and fits were just right.

I know...with the Queen it sometimes looks like she is stuffed into her clothes...the gowns she wears for the royal weddings....what is she thinking sometimes?

Someone tell these ladies less is more!! :)

But...these two looked so happy...I give the younger Dutch Royals credit..they do seem marry for genuine love...

Back
Top Bottom