Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau and Anita van Eijk: August 25 and 27, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Selection from isifa

Attachments

• is_11170071.jpg
    is_11170071.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 268
  • is_11170064.jpg
    is_11170064.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 254
  • is_11170076.jpg
    is_11170076.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 302
  • is_11170069.jpg
    is_11170069.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 431
  • is_11170072.jpg
    is_11170072.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 270
  • is_11170073.jpg
    is_11170073.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 250
  • is_11170078.jpg
    is_11170078.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 268
  • is_11170077.jpg
    is_11170077.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 545
Beautiful pictures from Sander Schenkel part 1

Attachments

• HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita185.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita185.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 327
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita187.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita187.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 229
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita186.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita186.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,602
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita179.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita179.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,298
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita171.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita171.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 255
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita02.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita02.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 925
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita03.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita03.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,660
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita04.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita04.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita06.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita06.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 532
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita07.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita07.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 289
Sander Schenkel part 2

Attachments

• HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita32.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita32.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 594
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita43.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita43.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 231
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita37.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita37.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 224
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita34.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita34.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 344
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita26.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita26.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 557
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita19.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita19.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 323
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita44.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita44.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 354
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita45.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita45.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 456
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita299.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita299.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 286
Sander Schenkel part 3

Attachments

• HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita50.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita50.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 392
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita51.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita51.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 265
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita52.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita52.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 316
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita53.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita53.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 297
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita59.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita59.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 278
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita61.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita61.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 321
  • HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita68.jpg
    HuwelijkPrinsPieterChristiaanenAnita68.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 405
Picture in the church from AFP without watermark!

Attachments

• church.jpg
    church.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 974
Please remember to credit your sources when posting pictures. If you have posted photos in this thread and have not credited the sources, please go back and do so. Otherwise, they will be deleted.

Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures! :) It has been a long thread to review but wonderful as I love the van Vollenhoven family!

The wedding outfits aside (more on that below! ;)), I can only say that I hope everyone looks as happy and as in love as Anita and Pieter-Christiaan do on their special day(s).

What a mixed bag of fashion this wedding has been! Aside from Queen Beatrix and Princess Margriet, I don't think anyone else scored perfect 10s for their outfits at both the civil and church services.

Marilene looked terrific at the church service in her eggplant-coloured outfit but the hideous hat (previously worn to celebrate Queen Beatrix's silver jubilee) and the balloon skirt (even though they are now trendy and in style) was awful.

Aimee looked very elegant at the civil service -- the pattern of her outfit reminded me a bit of Margriet's own black and white outfit -- but the terrible fuschia pink veil "hat" at the church service was awful.

Annette nearly got two perfect 10s from me for her outfits if it weren't for those dreadful knee-high boots at the civil service. What is with Annette and her fondness for knee-high boots (also previously worn at the Queen's silver jubilee celebrations). Her light blue outfit and matching heels (no boots!) at the church service was lovely.

Laurentien looked ghastly at both occasions! Sorry to say, but Loud Laurentien does not work for me. And what was with the big, and I mean big, moon ring she was sporting at the church service? Were she and Maxima working together to get satellite signals from Jupiter with her ring and Maxima's hat?

Maxima's outfit (excluding the hat) was nice on the whole, but rather garish for a wedding I thought. It was far too bright and my eyes hurt from looking at her attired head to toe in such a bright colour. Maybe if the hat had been smaller and in black or navy it would've been less hurtful to my eyes. As for the hat, she could've landed a plane on her head! It looked like something between a flying saucer and a farmer's straw hat! Talk about scaring away the crows!

Mabel was the best attired Orange-Nassau daughter-in-law. Although I don't know if there was a fuss about her having bare arms in church, I thought the gesture of her wearing Queen Beatrix's dress was nice. Her hair was simple and her earrings gorgeous!

Juliana Guillermo was definitely one of the best dressed younger ladies. The patterened long dark jacket accented with the orange feathers was very nice.

And for all her troublemaking, Margarita de Borbone Parma's white and ruby outfit was nice, too.

But the very best dressed ladies: Anna and Isabella! What sweethearts they were! I noticed some very nice pictures of Anna. I hope we'll get to see some of Isabella, too. I supposed these two little girls will get to take on these duties again this coming October when their uncle Floris gets maried -- Anna taking on these duties for the third time (Johan and Mabel's wedding was the first time) and Isabella for the second.

The van Vollenhoven men get bonus fashion points for their attire however. Yellow ties at the civil service and green ties at the church service. What a nice touch!

Edited: Forgot to comment about the bride herself! :eek:

I thought the colour of the suit worn at the civil service was lovely on Anita. Such a shade of emerald green really suits her. The pattern on it was rather awful -- it made me think of sofa upolstery or heavy damask curtains for an old hotel. And the yellow shoes were a bit much, even if they did co-ordinate with Pieter-Christiaan's yellow tie. But she radiated happiness, joy and exuberance, so if you only looked at her from the neck up she looked great!

The wedding gown was gorgeous! It looked a lot like Claire's (rather a big compliment to the Belgian princess!), but Anita made it her own in the way she carried herself with all of her exuberance and enthusiasm.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMGKI4387.jpg
    IMGKI4387.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 364
  • IMGKI4391.jpg
    IMGKI4391.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 452
  • IMGKI4398.jpg
    IMGKI4398.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMGKI4428.jpg
    IMGKI4428.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 410
  • IMGKI4409.jpg
    IMGKI4409.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 368
  • IMGKI3109.jpg
    IMGKI3109.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 422
  • IMGKI3106.jpg
    IMGKI3106.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 421
  • IMGKI3080.jpg
    IMGKI3080.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 347
  • IMGKI3078.jpg
    IMGKI3078.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 406
  • IMGKI4385.jpg
    IMGKI4385.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 397

Attachments

• IMGKI4436.jpg
    IMGKI4436.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 416
  • IMGKI4443.jpg
    IMGKI4443.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 378
  • IMGKI4479.jpg
    IMGKI4479.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 346
  • IMGKI4512.jpg
    IMGKI4512.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 379
  • IMGKI4554.jpg
    IMGKI4554.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 402
  • IMGKI4462.jpg
    IMGKI4462.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 400
  • IMGKI3152.jpg
    IMGKI3152.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMGKI3138.jpg
    IMGKI3138.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 425
  • IMGKI3128.jpg
    IMGKI3128.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 433
  • IMGKI4653.jpg
    IMGKI4653.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 419

Attachments

• IMGKU4714.jpg
    IMGKU4714.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 382
  • IMGKU4707.jpg
    IMGKU4707.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 347
  • IMGKU3282.jpg
    IMGKU3282.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 375
  • IMGKU3357.jpg
    IMGKU3357.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 394
  • IMGKU3355.jpg
    IMGKU3355.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 428
  • IMGKU3347.jpg
    IMGKU3347.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 432
  • IMGKU3308.jpg
    IMGKU3308.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 401
  • IMGKU3294.jpg
    IMGKU3294.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 387
  • IMGKU3177.jpg
    IMGKU3177.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 412
  • IMGKU3165.jpg
    IMGKU3165.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 368

Attachments

• IMGKU4732.jpg
    IMGKU4732.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 486
  • IMGKU4742.jpg
    IMGKU4742.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 580
  • IMGKU4768.jpg
    IMGKU4768.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 529
  • IMGKU4773.jpg
    IMGKU4773.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 589
  • IMGKU4787.jpg
    IMGKU4787.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 516
  • IMGrt4652.jpg
    IMGrt4652.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 648
Vicomtesse said:
Do people think that Mabel is Queen Beatrix's FAVOURITE daughter in law???
She lent Mabel a very special dress that she wore when she announced her engagement to a man she loved deeply until th end.
When Amalia was born she went to the hospital with Johan Friso and Mabel right when there was all the scandal with Mabel and the mob boss and the lying.

I think that the Queen is too much of a professional to want to ever publicly indicate that she favours one daughter-in-law over the others. Mabel & Johan Friso had to give up any rights to the throne when they married. And the Queen, having two sisters that also had to give up their rights to the throne, is probably very sensitive to perhaps Mabel having any feelings that she is lesser of a person because of this. To me, it seems by loaning the dress, the Queen is indicating that when it comes to family matters, Mabel is just as important to her as Maxima & Laurentien.

I hope I explained this OK. And of course, this is just my own speculation. Who knows? Perhaps the Queen wants to shout it out to the world: Mabel is my favourite! Mabel is my favourite!:D:D

Nearly 1 million Dutch viewers saw the wedding from Anita and Floris on tv yesterday.

misshelen said:
Nearly 1 million Dutch viewers saw the wedding from Anita and Floris on tv yesterday.

Wow! That's alot of viewers! I had no idea it would be so popular. Thanks for the info MissHelen.:)

I was there! (so was ropura, judging from the pictures (s)he posted here!) It was the first time since 2000 that I saw all of them again, no with 6 new daughter-in-laws.

In real life the outfits look less shocking then on pictures I think.

Some people say Maxima outshone the bride (or tried to) because of her hat, which in my opinion was not true. No one can outshine the bride. The bride is in white and will stand out, especially in the other guests dress colourfull.

Laurentien...well, she looked horrible on both occassions. Her personality makes up for a lot of it luckily, but she needs some help I think. The fashion editor of 'de telegraaf' (not fiona hering bur the other one) even suggested that he next ime she can borrow something from Beatrix as well, as the way she dressed now made her fashin-heart bleed. The gold dress was to long and to gold for a wedding, more suitable (without belt) for a costume party.

Maxima & her hat. As another poster state, Noordwijk is a sea resort, so maybe Maxim was inspired by the parasols of the icecream stands. As it was a 'minor' royal wedding, in summer it is not that akward to dress like this. oe f the other onlookers commented politely... well, she is argentinian.

Princess Christina never knows how to dress. My 91 yo greataunt always explaims 'that poor child´ when she sees her on television. She alway dresses in long dresses, which make her even shorter then she already is.

To squidgy: I do not think Mabel is the favourite daughter-in-law of the queen, but the queen feels/felt the need to show publicly, now and f.e. during the birth of Amalia, that she accepted Mabel. As a newspaper put it in those days, she threw herself like a lioness in front of her daughter in law. Most women (in my family at least) behave like a lioness to protect their family, so it is nice to see that the queen is not different.

The bride looked very nice today. Everybody says she was copying Claire, but this kind of dress is very common and popular. There were many before and after Claire who will wear this kind of dress.

Marengo said:
Maxima & her hat. As another poster state, Noordwijk is a sea resort, so maybe Maxim was inspired by the parasols of the icecream stands. As it was a 'minor' royal wedding, in summer it is not that akward to dress like this. oe f the other onlookers commented politely... well, she is argentinian..

To be argentinian doesn´t mean she has to use that awful hat. ;) Your dutch royal family has a known lack a good taste so I think that lately Maxima taste is under the influence of her family in law. At least she used to be more appropiate when she dressed argentinian designers.

:) Yes,I was there in Noordwijk city August 27,2005.
Its very nice day not to warm and the Ducht people was great and so very happy for
their Royal Family;)

Last edited:
The hat and dress of Maxima are not so bad. However, the earrings and the two tone shoes turn the outfit into a Carmen Mirandaesqe creation. JMO
Maxima would have been better off with solid red shoes and some understated pearl or diamond earrings. Hopefully she will redeem herself in the next wedding.

misshelen said:
Nice picture from the ball at Noordeinde Palace. From www.koninklijkhuis.nl

Fantastic picture misshelen! :)

We never get to see many pictures of royals at the wedding receptions.

I have to say that of all the hundreds of pictures posted, this one has to be my favourite. It certainly is the most romantic one to me!

Alexandria said:
Fantastic picture misshelen! :)

We never get to see many pictures of royals at the wedding receptions.

I have to say that of all the hundreds of pictures posted, this one has to be my favourite. It certainly is the most romantic one to me!

I agree Alexandria. Nice to have you back here by the way:) !

Really romantic, I believe we have to post it in another treat!

I kept on thinking about a fruitbasket on her head re her hat even though there was not a single piece of fruit, but now I know, it reminds me of south american carnavale :)

paloma said:
The hat and dress of Maxima are not so bad. However, the earrings and the two tone shoes turn the outfit into a Carmen Mirandaesqe creation. JMO
Maxima would have been better off with solid red shoes and some understated pearl or diamond earrings. Hopefully she will redeem herself in the next wedding.

A. WHAT WAS AIMEE DOING IN THAT PINK?!?!?!

B. Beatrix, Pieter, and Margriet looked great.

C. Anita looked very pretty, but it was very obviously a "rip off" of Princess Claire's dress. There's nothing wrong with that I guess, but I would want something more original if I knew it would be all over the press.

D. I don't think Mabel should have worn that dress. It looked wonderful on Beatrix and it was very classic. Mabel looked good, but I like to think of that dress as Beatrix's. :(

Back
Top Bottom