Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau and Anita van Eijk: August 25 and 27, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marengo said:
According to Netty on the benelux royals MB, the wedding dresses of Anita, Aimee, Marilene, Annette and Margriet will be on display at Palace het Loo from 6 November. The clothes from the civil weddings will also be on display!

Very nice! I remember that I saw the weddingdresses of Maxima, Beatrix, Juliana, Wilhelmina and Emma there as well. I always disliked Julianas dress on pictures but in real life it was gorgeous and I preferred it over the other ones. So, who knows? Maybe Anita's frumpy outfit is absolutely stunning in real life.

Oh! That would be a wonderful exhibit to see!

I know what you mean Marengo about seeing clothes in pictures vs. real life. I have gone to a couple exhibits on Diana's clothes and was surprised sometimes to see that gowns that I really liked in photos were rather disappointing up close, while some gowns that I didn't care much for in photos, were quite stunning in reality. With a photograph, you usually don't get a true sense of the texture (even colour) of the material, or really get to appreciate any fancy beading, embroidery work, etc.

So yes, maybe Anita's outfit will look much nicer up close. I felt her suit did look nicer in the pictures taken indoors - you could see the shine of the fabric more.

Squidgy said:
Thanks for the pictures MissHelen.:) It's so nice to see little Eloise, and I'm relieved that she seems to have a better sense of fashion than her mother.:rolleyes:

hihi Squidgy no doubt about it!:)

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I know that Prince WA and Princess Maxima will attend the Church Blessing on Saturday,i think they will bring CA there probably,not sure about Alexia.But how about Friso and Mabel will they attend the Church Blessing on Saturday?

the CP couple not attend at civil blessing ceremony but im not sure about the girls! Maxima is catholic strongly if im correct or im mistakes

and Prince Friso and his wife Mabel not attend also both loses to right title because of Mabel had relationship to gang but couple not bring the baby daughter!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
the CP couple not attend at civil blessing ceremony but im not sure about the girls! Maxima is catholic strongly if im correct or im mistakes

and Prince Friso and his wife Mabel not attend also both loses to right title because of Mabel had relationship to gang but couple not bring the baby daughter!

Sara Boyce

WA and Maxima didn't attend the civil wedding because they are still on holidays. Nothing to do with Maxima being catholic, she also had a civil wedding before the church wedding because that's the law in the Netherlands, there's a separation of church and state so you're actually married in a civil ceremony, and then you can have the church ceremony if you wish. ( A church ceremony only isn't a legal marriage)
Frisco and Mabel are also on holiday and will attend the church ceremony as will WA and Maxima on Saturday.

Princess Maxima said:
I think Anita´s suit is horrible
Gee, I guess my taste is in my mouth 'cause I sorta liked her suit:D She has the nicest smile.

If someone ever starts a thread for the worst outfits worn by a royal to a social event in 2005, Laurentien would head the list:p She usually dresses more stylishly but I think she missed the mark somewhat yesterday:) The color spoke volumes. In fact, you could say it was somewhat loud:D . And that hat...it defies description. I would have hated to have been the person sitting behind her:D Where in heaven's name do they get those hats?????!!!!:D :D :D Geez, if she doesn't do better at the religious ceremony, I might have to fly over there and dress her myself!:p

:p :p :p It was great to see al the royalty at the palace!!!!!. The picture from Dennis van tellingen ( a photographer from a gossip magazine) with laurentien en eloise , i was there when it was taken. It was very sad to see wat was happening. The press stood at one of the side entrances and laurentien and eloise came walking towards the entrance.( i stood next to the press because you notice right away when something is going on) The press saw laurentien and eloise and the came running like mad dogs towards them. Laurentien saw that and she run to the next door in panic, so she was gone with eloise. At the same time one of the photographers smashed his telelens from his camera by accident. So you can see what happens when press and royalty come together!!!!!!;) ;) ;)
Much later ,the press was gone, i took some pictures from laurentien and eloise at the square in front of the palace. The bride and groom had theire reception at the palace and most of the guests came at the square.:D :D :D

Church Wedding of Pieter-Christiaan and Anita van Eijk/August 27th, 2005

August 27, 2005: religious wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at the Grote- or St. Jeroenskerk at Noordwijk

De kerkelijke inzegening is zaterdag 27 augustus in de Grote of St. Jeroenskerk in Noordwijk.

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima were absent as they are on holiday. They are to attend the church service on Saturday.
The crown prince's brother Prince Friso and his wife Mabel were not at the civil service either.

Today is big day for Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Anita.

Last edited:
http://rtl.nl/actueel/rtlboulevard/video/

there's a video "
video_icon_article.gif
25-08: Prinsheerlijk"

they seem very, very happy :)

With the princes not seeking Parliament approval to marry, will there brides, be able to take the title of princess.

royal005 said:
With the princes not seeking Parliament approval to marry, will there brides, be able to take the title of princess.

I have no idea if they can but the clip i see they say princess Anita

LaMinka said:
I have no idea if they can but the clip i see they say princess Anita

they are called Princess (Marilène, Annette, Anita and soon Aimée, too) because of their husbands, who are princes. I think, they are no longer Princesses, if they got divorced. Other Princesses (like Alexandra of Denmark) lose the title with a new marriage.

Tina said:
they are called Princess (Marilène, Annette, Anita and soon Aimée, too) because of their husbands, who are princes. I think, they are no longer Princesses, if they got divorced. Other Princesses (like Alexandra of Denmark) lose the title with a new marriage.
Thank Tina, that helped me alot!

As I could see Maxima in a red dress with a very huge hat.Mabel in green

Princesses of Orange-Nassau

royal005 said:
With the van Vollenhoven Princes there is less relevance with the issue of Parliamentary, or Government, approval because they are not Princes of the Netherlands but Princes of Orange-Nassau with the style of Highness. Their marriages will lead to the loss of their membership of the Royal House of the Netherlands, but they are still members of the Royal Family and of the House of Orange-Nassau.

Marilene, wife of Prince Maurits was created Princess Marilene of Orange-Nassau, but I guess the question in regard to Anita and Aimee will be whether they are created Princesses of the House in their own right, or just bear the courtesy title of their husbands. Mabel bears the title of Princess of Orange-Nassau but was not specifically created Princess Mabel in her own right.

I think the situation in Europe differs from what we are familiar with in the UK, whereby Princess Michael bears her husband's name and style as opposed to being known as "Princess Marie Christine" of Kent. I think that the new Dutch brides will be known as Princesses Anita and Aimee and not Princess Pieter-Christian and Princess Floris; although "Princess Floris" does have a certain ring to it!

Anita looks stunning today..a beautiful bride!!
I also like the outfits from Princess Maxima and Marilene

Last edited by a moderator:
The bride arrived in an old car (Mercedes) from Princess Juliana. Juliana used this car in Italy Porto Ecole.

Foreign guests include: prince Lorenz and princess Astrid of Belgium, archduke Michael and archduchess Christiana of Austria and the German prince Alexander von Isenburg.

Little Anna & Isabella are attending the bride. Can't wait to see them.

leonardinha said:
I'm trying to watch it, but the audio is really terrible!!!
Wat een jammer!!!

That's too bad Leonardinha!:(:( But at least you can get something. It doesn't work at all for me. Boo Hoo!

Oh my God, it sounds like a mix between Donald Duck and chipmunks... Anyway, Anita looks stunning and her dress reminds me of Princess Claire's dress!

Anita looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxima's hat is big!!! Nice outfit, anyway...

She is beautiful

ANP

Attachments

• 2665128.jpg
    2665128.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4,260
  • 2665130.jpg
    2665130.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 4,659
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom