Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Tessy Antony: September 29, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her dress suits her...it's more of a modern bride look. I'm not thrilled with strapless in a church but I got the impression that this was more of a family affair than an affair of state.

I think the little guy is a cutie...he looks just like his mother.

She looks great!

I think Tessy looks beautiful and just looks happy. As does Louis and the rest of the family. The baby has gotten so big and adorable.

IMO I don't understand the problem with the strapless dress...its not like it very showy and showing a lot of skin. I think the main concern is that for most royal weddings you don't strapless wedding dresses but this is not a royal wedding. A lot of "regular" folks get married in strapless dresses. It is the NOW fashion dress.

And to my understanding a lot of foreign royals were not in attendance because its not a "royal" wedding. Plus due to the time frame (it was planned or at least announced very quickly). I am sure a lot of them had previous engagements.

Last edited:
Zonk said:
A lot of "regular" folks get married in strapless dresses. It is the NOW fashion dress.

Well, that's my main concern. A few weeks ago I did a check up on bridal dresses on the web (I don't know why, I'm not planning to get married, because I still need a little something that starts with an M and ends with -an :ROFLMAO:) and all I found were these strapless dresses, while I was looking for something like princess Laurentien's dress (with the lings sleeves and the beautiful neckline). I was quite disappointed and came to the conclusion that I need to hire a tailor at the moment I'm going to fix my little problem...

So, I don't think it's a real problem she entered the church with bare shoulders (I mean, if that's a problem then I can find some other problems to think of concerning this marriage taking place in a church...;)) but I just don't like strapless dresses because everybody is wearing them and well, they're just not for Maxie.

But Tessy looked absolutely beautiful, even in a strapless dress which I would never ever buy myself.

Gabriel is just precious :wub: :flowers:

I honestly don't have anything against either Louis or Tessy, they're young and at least the GD family is handling this in a very mature way. When I was doing my geneology page for Queen Victoria's descedants, there are a lot of present-day descendants who get married and their children are born less than nine months later, indicating that the pregnancy was probably the reason for the marriage. There was even one couple that got married about two weeks before the baby was born. If you look at today's celebrities, it's not that big a deal to have children without being married. Look at Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, or Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. It's just more accepted nowadays.

You guys really need to stop critisizing the fact that Tessy wore a white dress. What did you want her to wear red....pink maybe? Princess Mette-Marit wore a white dress and had a child (yes I know the Marius wasn't Haakon's child though) but nobody said jack about and we all know she most definetly not a virgin. (I do like Princess Mette-Marit don't get me wrong) Cut the poor girl some slack she's not even going to get the title of Princess and neither is her son. And if you ask me I think Louis, Tessy and the family handled the situation very well. And by the way I think Tessy looks beautiful and I wish her, Louis and Gabriel all the happines in the world.

Guests at the ceremony please... No more dresses talks...

I can understand about your comments on dresses, jewels, shyness and babies but dos anyone know about the guests, family and relatives invited today?

BeatrixFan said:
Of course and I think Louis should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. What I find very odd is the brazen way the Grand Ducal House is playing this one out. A church wedding, a white frock, the baby held out and paraded around - no wonder no foreign Royals were invited.

Why the heck should Louis be ashamed of himself?For marrying the mother of his child?
And the Grand Ducal House isn't playing this out in the context you aim at,they saw themselves faced with a fait accomplie and did what they thought was/is best.And as to why no foreign Royals were invited,I'm sure they all know the how and what and respect the families wish to have close family around only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to clarify...I don't have a problem with Tessy having worn a strapless. It's her wedding she gets to chose what she wants, plus she looked beautiful! And yes, everything out there for brides, even bridesmaids, is strapless! I don't like to show my arms, I guess you can call that a trauma I have. So I agree with you Maxie, when I get a man and I'm planning my wedding I'll also have to get something made. Something à la Mary or à la Claire of Belgium!:flowers:

Also, I think that wearing white is not an indication that your still a virgin, now it's just part of a tradition like wearing something blue, something borrowed, something new...It's your wedding, wear whatever color you want to wear no matter what your physical condition is (virgin or not).

Last edited:
Seriously, I think everyone needs to put things into perspective: So they did things a bit backwards, so the bride is wearing white, so the couple is VERY young, ect. ect.
The fact remains that the couple is providing the baby with BOTH mother and father and providing a UNITED FAMILY.
How they got to this point, hypocritical that it may be, they turned a mistake into a right. The baby will have a mother and father and grandparents that love him. Everything else is irrelavant (at least to me)
And personally, I do not agree with this marriage. They are way too young. But if they are old enough to sleep together and produce a child, then they are old enough to get married and try to make things work on behalf of the child.
So good for them for not being embarrassed about the situation, about the child, or for wearing white. A united family concers all.

I don't think royalty is as conventional or traditional as it used to be these days so a non-virginal bride wearing a white strapless with a possible Republican father and the groom carrying his and and bride's baby is hardly
anything to guffaw over these days.

The last decade the various princes and princesses have married very surprising choices including the likes of Mette-Marit, Letizia and Camilla. There are certainly worst cases to be made for some of the other royal brides, such as Camilla who carried on a decades-long affair breaking up her own marriage and her now husband's marriage.

If Louis and Tessy are comfortable with the choices that have led them to this day and the choices (fashion and otherwise) that have culminated in this day, then who is anyone else to throw water on their day?

I think that life will be harder on them because of their age, but who's to say that they won't be married for the next 50 years? Let's give them a chance -- they might surprise us. Other unexpected royal brides certainly have. Many people were quite skeptical about how well Camilla would do in the British royal family but more than a year later she has impressed many people and changed many a mind.

Well said Alexandria. Though this isn't the royal dream wedding most of us would wish for, the two seem happy and Louis did the decent thing once he was put before a fait acompli, as other posters mentioned. That the family is supporting him in this can only be appreciated, it should be difficult for them to.

I would like to correct the assumption by a fellow poster that the Grand Ducal family geniously constructed this wedding because they needed good press after recent negative press. The wedding was already planned before the failed sale of Josephine-Charlotte's jewels and the Gilzdorf (?) sale. Besides that, I do not think the Grand Duke and his wife would let their child get married for a little bit of good press.

For now we can only wish the couple all the best for their future life together.

-

On a different note: does anybody have pictures of the other Luxembourg royals? Marie-Astrid, Marguerite and Guillaume + families?

aww...what a beautiful wedding picture. Gabriel is so cute. And I really love Tessy`s wedding dress:)

RachelD said:
Just want to clarify...I don't have a problem with Tessy having worn a strapless. It's her wedding she gets to chose what she wants, plus she looked beautiful! And yes, everything out there for brides, even bridesmaids, is strapless! I don't like to show my arms, I guess you can call that a trauma I have. So I agree with you Maxie, when I get a man and I'm planning my wedding I'll also have to get something made. Something à la Mary or à la Claire of Belgium!:flowers:

In a Catholic church women, including the bride, should cover their shoulders. No matter what the fashion world says :ohmy: . That's what my friend was told or her wedding in August and that's why she had shawl on in the church. The shawl was made of tule like her dress, so it was see-through and only for the form and the priest said he understand fashion;) . Tessy's veil was very beautiful and covering her shoulders when she entered, so technically she was ok with the Catholic church decorum.

She was a beautiful bride.

I was on few (Roman) Catholic weddings and many of the brides have they shoulders uncover (no matter how long their veils was), specially on summer. The priests havn't got nothing against it. Many brides choose wore shawls or smth like that becouse in the churches is cold (specialy in old).

I agree that Tessy looks beautiful today:flowers:
I love this photo of Maria-Teresa and little Gabriel. She doesn't look on her age, but like "young and happy grandmother".

Thanks to All for they great job:flowers:

BTW. I think that I missed it but can we call Tessy Princess Louis/or Tessy or just Mrs. Tessy?

Last edited:
I was surprised, too, when I heard about the circumstances of the wedding and the bride wearing a white dress. But now, that I think again about it, it would be very strange to me if she wore anything else because she is still so young.
It is of course not the "ideal" wedding, but why should royal families be different from normal families? I know a lot of people who marry pregnant or when already having a child.
It´s nice to see that Louis fulfills his responsibilities. There are young men who don´t marry the mothers of their sons...!

This is not an attack on anyone's position BUT

It is burning me up that everyone has said that Louis has lived up to his responsiblities...like he is doing her a favor by marrying her! Its obvious looking at them that they are BOTH happy and in love.

I too agree that they might be too young to get married..but for right now..its working. Hopefully they will be one of those couples who are in it for the long haul and that any marriage is a working partnership. I wish them all the best!

Last edited:
so beautiful fhotos!!!!... I´m so happy for them!!!!...Congratulations!!!! they are very nice together....

I like her dress... It´s beautiful!!!... really nice...ho are the Desinger??? any know???

Wow, how lovely!!
And what a cute little boy Gabriel is!!
Love his jacket...:wub:

RachelD said:
Maria-Theresa looks beautiful!
I love her outfit!
What surprised me was that the bride wore a strapless dress...I thought it was considered disrespectful to have bare shoulders and arms in church...?
But she still looked great! I loved her bouquet.
Somewhere someone had said that Louis can no longer inherit the dukedom, is this true? Is that why Tessy will not be given a title?:ermm: I'm confused!

If you look in the first pictures, she had on opera length gloves. I had this discussion with the priest who married me in the cathedral, and he said that as long as the dress was tasteful and I was gloved, it was fine. I would have work gloves any way, but there you go.

Johann, again thank you for these pictures. I am curious if you think other agencies will post larger ones as I would love to see close ups of her family. Does anyone know what Tessy's family of origin situation is? I recall one brother being a godparent at the christening -- does she have other siblings? Are her parents in a long term marriage? Just curious.

Wort.lu has a large picture gallery with 43 pics (even pics from the civil ceremony and from inside the church) click here

Great photos. I love Tessy's dress, as well as her outfit for the civil ceremony. Nice to see Gabriel included in the ceremony. The Grand Duchess looks wonderful and the pictures of her and Gabriel are so sweet. I love the pictures of Louis, Tessy, and Gabriel!

i know the subject is getting tiring but Clotilde (Italy) married whilst pregnant, and i believe she wore white. the point is these two brides were beautiful and happy.

onto the civil ceremony, i love! the outfit she chose, it looks very nice on her and the color is pretty too :flowers:

Thank you Princess BellyFlop and Empress for your answers!
I was just wondering, that's all.
I'm just glad that these two really love each other and their adorable baby and plan to be happy for years to come. She could have worn a sack but nothing could have covered up the love and happiness in her eyes (or Louis for that matter). I wish them true happiness and love for the years to come.
:flowers:

P.S.
I like her outfit for the civil ceremony but I think she should have worn skin toned stockings...the one's she's wearing look white...are they white? Also, wow, she is very thin. I'm not criticizing, just stating a fact.

Last edited:
This is non-related really, but looking the photos I noticed the GD Henri has aged lately; his posture looks a bit bent and he also seems to have gained some weight. All the mayhem around him must be taxing.

kwanfan said:
Great photos. I love Tessy's dress, as well as her outfit for the civil ceremony. Nice to see Gabriel included in the ceremony. The Grand Duchess looks wonderful and the pictures of her and Gabriel are so sweet. I love the pictures of Louis, Tessy, and Gabriel!

Completely agree.

Thanks to Danielane I saw the live transmission and I was thinking that they were so young but managed things in a fresh but very dignifying way.

When leaving Church they were touching themselves and Tessy didn't know when the kiss was supoosed to happen... it was great! They look young but, surprisingly for me, Prince Louis looked more mature than I thought he would be. In one moment looked like people were asking for another kiss and he was laughing with such happy expression in his eyes.

And seeing Grand Duchess leaving Church beaming with happiness and posing proudly with her grandson and calling his attention towards people, still looking as if she had cried inside, left me with tears in my eyes.

And Grand Duke Jean looked every inch a very proud grandfather when entering the church.

Congratulation johann for another excelent photo coverage :flowers: and thank you for sharing with us.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Elspeth said:
Strapless dresses seem to be the fashion these days. There's global warming for you.;)

Dear Elspeth.

I think you have a wonderful way to calm down people in here when the discussion gets tough. Thanks for your humorous answers and the way you always see the positive in things...

Christian

:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom