The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 09-25-2011, 09:08 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 11,092
Her wedding dress was very unoriginal.She looked like any other bride!I also did'nt like her hair.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 459
I, too, was unimpressed with Tessy's bridal look. I realize this is primarily speculation, but there were most likely elements of the planning that were not 'easy' to settle a 'vibe' on. Yes she was marrying a prince, but parts of their relationship have been outside the 'norm' for royals today. So, although her look could still have been tweeked, perhaps she wanted to appear like, to be, a normal girl getting married rather than look as though she were trying to be a 'traditional' royal bride. I hope I'm making sense!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 09-28-2011, 08:11 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 4,679
Five years today ! And a wonderful family (when the little girl to complete their family ???)
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 09-28-2011, 11:41 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 11,092
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Louis and Tessy's Wedding
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 459
I didn't realize her veil was curved and edged.

The bouquet for the civil ceremony looks nice but I don't like the shoes she wore!
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 81
Her gown was a very typical dress. Not a fan of it at all.
__________________
xeinacasaragi is a ****
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,031
I thought the simplicity of the bridal attire was appropriate for a young girl, and she is a radiantly young bride compared to many these days. And other royals have lived together for lo-these-many-years before marrying...and possibly Louis is the only one she's loved, which makes her more virginal than many.

When I married my second husband (the Real Thing) I wore off white with blue accessories. Why? Obviously I was not a virgin as I had a seven year old child. I wore white, I think, because white is a great color with my coloring and because I was starting something NEW. My second hubby was the love of my life and boy was that new, to have so much love and caring in my life, and my husband adopted my son.
We had 40 years together, the best thing that every happened to me in a life of struggle and confusion. He rescued me, my prince charming. And he looked a lot like HGD Guillaume, only a little older.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
I thought the simplicity of the bridal attire was appropriate for a young girl, and she is a radiantly young bride compared to many these days. And other royals have lived together for lo-these-many-years before marrying...and possibly Louis is the only one she's loved, which makes her more virginal than many.

When I married my second husband (the Real Thing) I wore off white with blue accessories. Why? Obviously I was not a virgin as I had a seven year old child. I wore white, I think, because white is a great color with my coloring and because I was starting something NEW. My second hubby was the love of my life and boy was that new, to have so much love and caring in my life, and my husband adopted my son.
We had 40 years together, the best thing that every happened to me in a life of struggle and confusion. He rescued me, my prince charming. And he looked a lot like HGD Guillaume, only a little older.
I LOVE reading that, thanks for sharing....
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 AM
martina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Praha, Czech Republic
Posts: 255
Her wedding dress want very original, but she looked very beautiful and happy
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 02-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Five years today ! And a wonderful family (when the little girl to complete their family ???)
I didn't realise you could select the sex of a child on demand, and how can you presume that she wants another child anyway? I have two boys and very much consider myself to have a "complete" family.
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 02-16-2015, 04:29 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I didn't realise you could select the sex of a child on demand, and how can you presume that she wants another child anyway? I have two boys and very much consider myself to have a "complete" family.
Well, people are different. Sometimes after two children of the same gender, one or both of parents could dream of a third baby of different gender.

It's more male thing, especially couples with two girls, but each case is very different.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 09-29-2016, 03:40 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 11,092
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Louis and Tessy's Wedding

While I do find her gown beautiful, I am not fond of strapless wedding dresses, especially on royals. I'm also not fond of the hairstyle. She was a lovely bride but not a memorable one.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Louis Will Become A Father! drimal Prince Felix, Princess Claire, Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra, Prince Sebastien and Families 428 03-15-2006 10:19 AM
March 2006 Newsletter: Featuring Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg GrandDuchess Forum Announcements and Admin 15 03-05-2006 07:52 AM




Popular Tags
abdication abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography british royal family brownbitcoinqueen carolin chittagong commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll duke of sussex facts family tree games george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf haakon vii hill history house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mailing meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon sussex swedish queen taiwan tracts tradition uae customs unsubscribe videos wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×