Prince Juan Carlos of Spain & Princess Sofia of Greece 1962

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes she did! The Duchess of Brunswick did attend.XX
I've read somewhere Victoria Luise did not attend the wedding of her granddaughter, she was not invited by her daughter because of the feud with her children. Ive not seen her in any picture of the wedding or pre gala..

I've read somewhere Victoria Luise did not attend the wedding of her granddaughter, she was not invited by her daughter because of the feud with her children. Ive not seen her in any picture of the wedding or pre gala..

I couldn't find any photos myself and had wondered alright.

Last edited:
It seems interesting, what happened inside the Hannover family? I presume inheritance querel? Could you explain? Thanks
Sofia's wedding was at the time of the quarreling between Viktoria Luise & Ernst August, Friederike stood to her brother (its been said he still gave her a appanage) Viktoria Luise never received an invitation.. But VL attended Konstantin's wedding 2 years later.

https://i0.wp.com/www.unofficialroy.../08/Constantine-II_wedding.jpg?resize=466,480

It seems interesting, what happened inside the Hannover family? I presume inheritance querel? Could you explain? Thanks

After the death of Ernst August 1953(Viktoria Luise husband) Their eldest son became the head of the house of Hannover, as such he paid money to members of the Family( His mother and siblings for example) I think Ernst August did not paid her as much as he should and his late father wanted. Mainly it was about Viktoria Luises appange but also abut Jewels, Viktoria kept some jewels that she should have given her son (the Brunswick Tiara for example) Ernst August also expected his mother retirement of social projects which she refused..

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. Very interesting. I have always heard that the Hanover family is immensely rich, I don't really understand why, they are not ruling for more than 100 years. I don't think that the other German princely houses are so rich, including the imperial house of German Empire.
After the death of Ernst August 1953(Viktoria Luise husband) Their eldest son became the head of the house of Hannover, as such he paid money to members of the Family( His mother and siblings for example) I think Ernst August did not paid her as much as he should and his late father wanted. Mainly it was about Viktoria Luises appange but also abut Jewels, Viktoria kept some jewels that she should have given her son (the Brunswick Tiara for example) Ernst August also expected his mother retirement of social projects which she refused..

Thanks a lot. Very interesting. I have always heard that the Hanover family is immensely rich, I don't really understand why, they are not ruling for more than 100 years. I don't think that the other German princely houses are so rich, including the imperial house of German Empire.
Many families like the Hannovers, the Hesses and the Wittelsbachs retains large properties in real estate, agriculture, forests etc because of deals made during the twenties after the fall of the monarchy. Some families like the Imperial Hohenzollerns and the Sachsens made the same deals, but lost most of the properties after 1945 because they were in the parts of Germany that ended up in DDR or Poland. Some families like the Reuß have regained parts of their property by proving that they were either foreign citizens or worked against the Nazi regime and the Hohenzollerns are currently in the middle of highly controversial negotiations for restitution of what they lost.

Back
Top Bottom