Prince Joachim of Denmark and Alexandra Manley: November 18, 1995

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she looked perfect. Definitely, much better than her sister-in-law.

HenrikaB said:
At first it was speculated that the reason was that Joachim was carousing around town, and then it was speculated that Alexandra began her affair with Martin while still married.

Take your pick!

Sounds to me like they left each other....

It's strange to see this pictures right now (on Alexandra's wedding No2 day). :ermm:
They always looked like the perfect dream couple to me and I never expected them to divorce.
They looked so happy and in love on their wedding day.

There's some sense of sadness looking at these pics - they were so in love and full of happiness. I truly thought they were a perfect couple - and naturally it's sad to see this marriage end in divorce.

However, i think the divorce is a result of both party hving grown apart and finding different goals and dreams in life - one that doesn't incld them as a couple.

They looked so in love back then... pity pity pity ): I loved the pictures of them dancing as a couple.

Is there a video of her waltz anywhere - the yuotube only covers the wedding? Thanks

The royal's love life must not be a fairy tale after all...they love and hate in equal quantities...whoever was unloyal to the other one... it just wasn't meant to be.

Best wishes for her new life with Martin, they looks just so happy now~

thanks for all of the lovely photos and clips........sad to know the marriage did not work.

I do not know what I think of her wedding attire.....the main adjective I have for it is it looks very heavy......modest, though. Just looks like alot of veil and gown for such a petite frame....just my thoughts, though. She looked lovely...

Joachim looked so young in the 1995 pictures, fresh and full of illusion. His face has matured, showing the pain he must have gone through during the time of the divorce.

Hopefully, his appearance will reflect his new happiness, now that he has remarried. Sometimes he looks so somber.

I like very much her wedding dress,but I dislike her hairstyle

is there more photos of the guests and i would love to see photos of the pre wedding gala

I thought the wedding waltz was so romantic, that I diagrammed out the pattern on the floor and want to use it as a quilting pattern.

is there more photos of the guests and i would love to see photos of the pre wedding gala

I always wanted to see more photos of the guests as well. She was beautiful but I never cared for the dress and her hair was.....odd.

Were the pearls sewn on her gown real??

Was the Prince and Princess of Wales at the wedding or did some other member of the royal family of England represent Queen Elizabeth II at the wedding of Prince Joachim and Alexandra Manley ?

Was the Prince and Princess of Wales at the wedding or did some other member of the royal family of England represent Queen Elizabeth II at the wedding of Prince Joachim and Alexandra Manley ?
I think Prince Edward was representing the BRF.

I thought the wedding waltz was so romantic, that I diagrammed out the pattern on the floor and want to use it as a quilting pattern.
OOOhh there is a quilt I would buy. Please I know this is off topic but have you ever contributed to a HAPPY BRIDE quilt. (or indeed own one)

I always thot her hairstyle was similar to Jackie Kennedy's wedding hairstyle...maybe she got the idea from Jackie..

I think that Alexandra was a beautiful bride. Remember this was 1993, just out of the 80's, so her style reflects the times. She was much more formal in those days having been a business women... just look at her engagement picture. I think her hair was ok; it may have been styled like that to cover her spikey tiara or to give her some height. (I always feel sorry for her dealing with what, IMHO, is an unattractive tiara.)

I like very much her wedding dress,but I dislike her hairstyle

I agree, her hairdo isn't my cup of tea also. Its sad, that the marriage turned unhappy, but its great to see, that both seem to be very happy now with their new partners :flowers:

Are there any pictures of Margrethe and Henrik at this marriage? Or pictures of further wedding guests?

Happy the see the Count André de Montpezat on the first row.

Back
Top Bottom