Prince Jean of Luxmbourg and Diane de Guerre: March 18, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michaella

Gentry
City
Shanghai
Country
China
Last edited by a moderator:
The Prince,younger brother of the present Grand Duke Henri,married his long time partner Diane de Guerre
last wednesday in a civil ceremony in the dutch city of Roermond.

The bride is a daughter of the Countess Eugenie Marie de Guerre,néé Wolff Metternich zur Gracht,who's residence
is the beautifull Hillenraad castle in the south of the Netherlands.

:: Bijzonder huwelijk :: Gemeente Roermond

Jean van Nassau trouwt in Roermond - Binnenland - Reformatorisch Dagblad

Many family and friends were present,but of the Grand Ducal family only the Princes youngest brother,
Prince Guillaume was present.
The Prince was previously married to Helène Vestur with whom he had 4 children.The couple divorced in 2004.

The Prince,younger brother of the present Grand Duke Henri,married his long time partner Diane de Guerre
last wednesday in a civil ceremony in the dutch city of Roermond.

The bride is a daughter of the Countess Eugenie Marie de Guerre,néé Wolff Metternich zur Gracht,who's residence
is the beautifull Hillenraad castle in the south of the Netherlands.

:: Bijzonder huwelijk :: Gemeente Roermond

Jean van Nassau trouwt in Roermond - Binnenland - Reformatorisch Dagblad

Many family and friends were present,but of the Grand Ducal family only the Princes youngest brother,
Prince Guillaume was present.
The Prince was previously married to Helène Vestur with whom he had 4 children.The couple divorced in 2004.

The Hillenraad Castle,courtesy John-in Zwolle:

The Benelux Royals Message Board: De Guerre - Wolff Metternich

:)

Diane's ancestral home is really beautiful -like out of a fairy tale -

I was thinking --- couldn't Jean and Diane have a religious marriage ceremony? I do not know her marital history, but I believe that Jean wed Helene in only a civil ceremony which would not be recognized by the Catholic church.
So he and Diane could be married in a Catholic ceremony because the Catholic church would not recognize his civil union with Helene -

I was thinking --- couldn't Jean and Diane have a religious marriage ceremony? I do not know her marital history, but I believe that Jean wed Helene in only a civil ceremony which would not be recognized by the Catholic church.
So he and Diane could be married in a Catholic ceremony because the Catholic church would not recognize his civil union with Helene -

No Jean and Hélène also had a religious marriage. And is Diane catholic or protestant?

No Jean and Hélène also had a religious marriage. And is Diane catholic or protestant?

Jean and Helène were married in a lavish religious ceremony in Versailles in 1987 IIRC.
I remember his late mother looking sturdy almost all the time,another girl had just pinched
one of "her" boys.That was how she felt,with each of her sons/ weddings,and that is why
there were so many tensions between them all,mommy's attitude,so different from a
otherwise charming and witty Lady.She was a m-i-l from your last nighmare to the d-i-l's.

O/T ofcourse,but oh well,weddings are for chatting here and there aren't they?:whistling:

I believe Diane is catholic.If she is or isn't,it is of no importance whatshowever anymore.
Jean isn't in line to the Throne nor has to marry a catholic girl to remain in line.N'importe pas.
It is of no consequence for a happy married life.

If someone feels it is,well,it is Diane who got married to Jean,not any of us,and that is how they think.:angel:

We've passed the medieval times and happily all survived.:rolleyes:

Was Diane married before and has she children of her own?

My congratulations to Jean and Diane!!

Is there a hat on her head or are this her hair ?

Hmm...Does anyone know why the only member of the GD family that attended Prince Jean's (second) wedding was Prince Guillaume? Isn't that somewhat strange? There's nothing particularly scandalous about his marriage this time round is there? :ermm: Their non-attendance gives the unpleasant impression that the family do not approve, even if that was not the intention.

It's fun because I had the same question for the hair (or the hat).
In all the cases, if it's a hat, it's an hideous one!

Hmm...Does anyone know why the only member of the GD family that attended Prince Jean's (second) wedding was Prince Guillaume? Isn't that somewhat strange? There's nothing particularly scandalous about his marriage this time round is there? :ermm: Their non-attendance gives the unpleasant impression that the family do not approve, even if that was not the intention.

Thought the same thing.Diane and Jean have been an item since at least 4 to 5 years.Helene is still invited at family events,together with her 4 children.Maybe the angel is there,in the fact the GD Family still sees Helene as much as they do,and Diane never made an impression on ´m.

Oh really,at times they really seem holyer than the Pope.:rolleyes:
And for what I ask you....nada,just as much of a fiddle diddle ado about nothing as when `mommy` was still alive.

The late Comtesse de Paris said once that the very last royal was Josephine Charlotte. She grew up with reinging royals.. since Queen Astrid death she spent all her holidays at her grand-parent's home in Sweden with Princess Marghareta of Danemark and Crown Princess Martha of Norway's childeren..
Her wedding was one of the very last arranged weddings, but when I saw the sadness of Grand Duke Jean at her funerals they seemed to have had a good lafe to-gether.
Her problems with Maria Teresa should not be known ; MT asked the press to come at the grand ducal palace to explain , and she schocked the press...because all this belongs to the private life.. I lived some years ago in Luxembourg and the GD family us very popular and I saw the grand -ducal family a lot of times.
If the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte's face was a bit stiff at the end of her life it was because of her illness.. she has been ill many years.
Please be respectful with late royals.. Thanks

Are there news about the status of Diane in the Grand Ducal Family? How is considered this wedding by Grand Duke Henri?

Back
Top Bottom