Prince Hussain Aga Khan and Princess Khaliya: 16 September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azrayy

Nobility
City
Country
United States
Prince Hussain Aga Khan, second son of His Highness the Aga Khan and Princess Salimah Aga Khan, married Miss Kristin White, who adopted the name Khaliya upon
embracing Islam, on Saturday 16th September

1-Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya with Monsieur Patrice Marchand, Mayor of Gouvieux and Conseiller Général de l’Oise
2-Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya, with the bride’s parents, Mr and Mrs White, behind them
3-Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya after the civil ceremony
4-Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya at the Nikah ceremony
5-Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya with His Eminence Sayyed Mohammad Musawi
6-7-Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya after the Nikah ceremony
8-His Highness the Aga Khan with Princess Khaliya and Prince Hussain
9-From left to right:
Mrs Heather Procopio (the bride’s sister), Mr Andrew Embiricos,
Mrs White, Mr White, Miss Frances Reed (the groom’s nanny),
Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, Prince Amyn Aga Khan,
Princess Khaliya, Prince Hussain, Princess Catherine Aga Khan,
His Highness the Aga Khan, Princess Zahra Aga Khan, Prince Rahim Aga Khan,Prince Aly Muhammad Aga Khan, Sara Boyden, Iliyan Boyden
10-From left to right:
Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, Mrs Croker Poole, Prince Rahim Aga Khan,
Miss Frances Reed (the groom’s nanny), Princess Catherine Aga Khan, Iliyan Boyden, Princess Salimah Aga Khan, Prince Hussain, Princess Khaliya, Sara Boyden, Princess Zahra Aga Khan, Mr Croker Poole

Last edited:
Pretty young lady, but i think that hat looks so out of place.

i think despite of the very big hat her suit is very beatiful and looking very elegant, when it comes to wedding i dont know very well about sari but her sari looks very nice maybe because of she is so beatiful and her hair style, i just love it especially hairgrip looks very different.

Princess Khaliya is very beautiful.I love her suit:flowers:

Sorry for the ignorance, but what kind of royals are the Aga Khans? Which country etc? and why do they look so untypical Muslim?

the Aga Khan Royalty

I searched Wikipedia and found that the Ismaili muslims consider the present Aga Khan, HSH Prince Karim, a direct descendant of the prophet mohammed through the prophet's daughter Fatima and her husband Ali ibn Abi Talib who was the first Shi'a Imam (or Shi'a) leader. This of course is controversial with other muslims. anyways, hope this is helpful. and if you need more info, just search wikipedia (type in Aga Khan IV).

I can't believe how Rita Hayworth's daughter Princess Yasmin stills gorgeous :)
the bride looks really pretty and the groom is very handsome ;)

auntie said:
Sorry for the ignorance, but what kind of royals are the Aga Khans? Which country etc? and why do they look so untypical Muslim?
What exactly does a "typical" muslims look like?!

Does anyone know why Princess Zahra's husband, Mark, wasn't in any of the photos?

auntie said:
...and why do they look so untypical Muslim
Little_star said:
What exactly does a "typical" muslims look like?!
Perfect response Little_star.
A slight off-topic diversion from the wedding, but...
On a Forum with extensive coverage of Muslim royals from Morocco to Jordan to Dubai to Brunei, and places in between, it is disappointing to see such stereotyping.

This is weird - I read that they are of Italian, English and Persian descent - but why are they dressed in Indian clothes??? It looks good but it looks out of place :confused:

the bride ist very beautiful:- what decent the are ?

:previous:
The bride is American.
The Aga Khan IV is the son of Prince Aly Khan and Princess Tajuddawlah Aly Khan, née the Hon. Joan Barbara Yarde-Buller, daughter of the 3rd Baron Churston.
The bride's mother is the Begum Salimah Aga Khan, née Sarah ("Sally") Frances Croker-Poole, a leading British model of her day.

The Aga Khan I and Aga Khan II were born in Iran, members of the Qajar dynasty; the Aga Khan III in Karachi (his mother was also a Qajar); Prince Aly Khan in Turin (his mother was Italian) and the Aga Khan IV in Geneva. Thus the Aga Khan IV and his eldest children are of Iranian-Italian-English descent.

Last edited:
:previous: Actually, the way they're dressed has to do with their historical ties with Pakistan. As mentioned above, Aga Khan III was born in Karachi, then part of British India but now the largest city in present-day Pakistan.
The current Aga Khan's father Prince Aly Khan also served as Pakistan's representative to the United Nations.
Karachi today is home to the prestigious Aga Khan University and Hospital, not to mention the many schools in his name. He's a frequent visitor to the country as well.
The bride appears to be wearing a sari, worn all over the Indian subcontinent while the groom's outfit is more typical of what Muslim men wear in the region.

Back
Top Bottom