Prince Hashem of Jordan and Fahdah Abunayyan: 15 April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moi said:
Well, I am not sure if she will reside in jordan as in (I am perfectly sure) but I would think she would since her husband is there, I mean it makes perfect sense why would they live in different countries, but I am sure they will share vacations here and there and visit her family often.

But as for the moment, no she is living in Riyadh with her parents. You see, even after katb el kitab, they dont really live together except after the wedding ceremony which will probably be during the summer or early next fall (i.e September ... etc.). Fahdah was raised in a respectful way so I am sure respectful behaviour would come from within her as thats what she is used to but I have no idea if she will decide to wear permanent hijab any time soon. Thats a decision only she can make.

But as for the customs in Saudi Arabia, a woman is to wear whatever modern attire she feels like, then a black robe and a head cover ... When she arrives to the house she wants to visit or gathering ... etc. she takes what is known as the abaya (black robe and head cover off) leaving her with clothes like any other person would wear, fancy for parties, casual for every day wear and so on ... The closest example I could relate it to is a jacket, you wear it over your clothes in the winter but as soon as you enter a home someone hangs it for you till you leave, its exactly the same idea.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask, I would gladly assist in any way I can.

Till then T.C.

thanx alot for helping me understanding, , of course I know that a Saudi woman wears what she likes in a home, I have read quite alot about Saudi women, that's why i do wonder, as I'm sure P. Fadah will have to follow Hashim in jordan, of course, as Hayah followed her hubby etc. - I wonder, say, at an official gathering in Jordan, surely every Princess, QR ,QN, P. Muna, will surely wear in a western attire as usually, if P. Fadah will choose to wear a hijab in public, as she's accustomed to, won't she feel embarassed, and won't this stress on the fact that the Jordan Royal women never use any hijab ,or what they call it in Jordan, unless they visit a tomb or they attend a funeral- u know, in my country, we use to say that it's better for a foreigner to behave just like ppl in the country he' s living in behave , meaning it would be better P. Fadah, IMO, as she's now a J. Princess, to wear and behave just like whatever the other J. Princesses - I'm very interested to know what u think of it- do u agree ????????

Last edited:
Moi said:
Umm, I hope others will back me up with this, I am not so good with stuff like that but I will tell you what I know. Also, if I am wrong please correct me ... :)

It exists in all arabic countries but maybe with different names to it, some call it (katb el ktab) some call it (milka) and maybe other names that I am not familiar with. Its basically the certificate that proves they are husband and wife.

Thus, the wedding day is only a celebration for all people related to both the bride and groom to attend/witness, but in the end, its the katb el kitab that officially changes their status from fiances to a married couple. But in arabic culture (or islamic? I am not sure) ... It is only after the day/ceremony that they move in together and reside as husband and wife ... But its katb el kitab (or the other various names given) thats seals the deal ...

I hope this helps, if even a little ... You can always ask and I would be more than glad to help in any way I can.

Have a wonderful day !

sure, do u remember Hamzah and his bride back in aug 2003, I think they had a nikkah- TC.

tesaweer said:
Couples in the middle east marry according to their belief as not all are muslims, some are christians or follow other religions. Anyway whatever their religion they must have a civil wedding where they will be formally and legally husband and wife as well as a religious ceremony where they will be married in the eyes of God, now it doesn't matter which one happens first and maybe in some countries only one is practised as in countries which are basically ruled by sharia laws, the name katib alkitab is the same as milka or nikah and i'm sure the katib al kitab is the name used for egyptian muslims. And as for alters if the couple are christians then sure they marry in a church and the bride is walked to the alter by her father or any male member of her family but if they are muslims then of course they don't. The bride mainly wears white although for the islamic or religious ceremony it is customary to wear a traditional dress in whatever colour . They can sign the papers anytime but usually after a period of engagement some couples choose to celebrate the signing and moving together on the same day or have another big do few weeks or months later and then move together. Hope this answers your questions laraib , if not I'll try again;)

Watching P. Abdullah and Rania's wedding, back in '93, I did notice only the men of the bride and the groom's families did attend the ceremony.

emily62_1 said:
thanx alot for helping me understanding, , of course I know that a Saudi woman wears what she likes in a home, I have read quite alot about Saudi women, that's why i do wonder, as I'm sure P. Fadah will have to follow Hashim in jordan, of course, as Hayah followed her hubby etc. - I wonder, say, at an official gathering in Jordan, surely every Princess, QR ,QN, P. Muna, will surely wear in a western attire as usually, if P. Fadah will choose to wear a hijab in public, as she's accustomed to, won't she feel embarassed, and won't this stress on the fact that the Jordan Royal women never use any hijab ,or what they call it in Jordan, unless they visit a tomb or they attend a funeral- u know, in my country, we use to say that it's better for a foreigner to behave just like ppl in the country he' s living in behave , meaning it would be better P. Fadah, IMO, as she's now a J. Princess, to wear and behave just like whatever the other J. Princesses - I'm very interested to know what u think of it- do u agree ????????

mh but the jordanian princesses are the minority of the whole nation and i think in jordan are enough women who wear the hijab?!
i dun think its a problem if she wears.
some people would say - if she believes that deep - she will wear it.i think people without can believe the same deep even if they dun wear.but thats not the matter.but maybe the jordanians would like it to see her with hijab.
i think theres nothing wrong with or without hijab.
if shes a nice princess... :)

Hey Emily !

How are you? Hope all is well ...

As for your post, I honestly dont know hon. No one could answer that but her.

You see, even though she is marrying a jordanian, she is still saudi arabian, so she will keep on considering her own family's background as well as her new one. She comes from a really good background, and was raised in a way that she would think wisely before any step she makes. Thus, I am sure she will consider and respect both sides equally ... But, the decision of wearing hijab should always be a PURELY religious one with no other influences, so no person should do it for other people to aprove or not, you know what I mean? Its a decision you make infront of God. So, the way I see it, if she decides to wear hijab other peoples opinion shouldn't play a factor as its a religious act. But in the end, as with everything else, you can never satisfy 100% of people every time, there will always be those who aprove and those who dont...

I dont mean anyone in specific, I am just stating how I observe things. So, if she would worry about what every single person would think then she will never take any step forward cus as you know there will always be someone who will say something about anything (some would even talk out of being purely negative and with no constructive intention in mind). I can answer any questions you have if I could help. But I honestly dont know with that one cus its a personal decision, I think whatever that maybe, all should respect it.

I love hearing from you so please continue with your posts, and to the last post from closesttoheaven. LOL at the (I laugh, I smile and I take prozac) ... Haha, you made me smile with that one ! :)

T.C everyone !

Last edited:
Perhaps this discussion could continue in the Members' Corner. Although interesting, these posts have no direct relevance to the marriage of Prince Hashem.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forums Moderator

Hallo everybody,

Any news about Prince Hashem and his bride?

Iman said:
Hallo everybody,

Any news about Prince Hashem and his bride?

I read in other fourm that his mother Queen Noor went with him to saudi arabia .

Thanks Houri.
Why saudi people are so complicated if it is about women???

I think if Prince Hashem has a bride from a other country. We will see her bride so easy.

Iman said:
Thanks Houri.
Why saudi people are so complicated if it is about women???

I think if Prince Hashem has a bride from a other country. We will see her bride so easy.

from my experince I don't think they are comlicated they just conservatives who don't like to share personal things with other , it is not just in saudi arabia also in other gulf countries .

houri said:
from my experince I don't think they are comlicated they just conservatives who don't like to share personal things with other , it is not just in saudi arabia also in other gulf countries .

Let me tell you a remark:They are consevatives only about their womens, but about foreings women :rolleyes:

Moi said:
Hey Emily !

How are you? Hope all is well ...

As for your post, I honestly dont know hon. No one could answer that but her.

You see, even though she is marrying a jordanian, she is still saudi arabian, so she will keep on considering her own family's background as well as her new one. She comes from a really good background, and was raised in a way that she would think wisely before any step she makes. Thus, I am sure she will consider and respect both sides equally ... But, the decision of wearing hijab should always be a PURELY religious one with no other influences, so no person should do it for other people to aprove or not, you know what I mean? Its a decision you make infront of God. So, the way I see it, if she decides to wear hijab other peoples opinion shouldn't play a factor as its a religious act. But in the end, as with everything else, you can never satisfy 100% of people every time, there will always be those who aprove and those who dont...

I dont mean anyone in specific, I am just stating how I observe things. So, if she would worry about what every single person would think then she will never take any step forward cus as you know there will always be someone who will say something about anything (some would even talk out of being purely negative and with no constructive intention in mind). I can answer any questions you have if I could help. But I honestly dont know with that one cus its a personal decision, I think whatever that maybe, all should respect it.

I love hearing from you so please continue with your posts, and to the last post from closesttoheaven. LOL at the (I laugh, I smile and I take prozac) ... Haha, you made me smile with that one ! :)

T.C everyone !

Thanx alot , Moi, for your help and your so nice answers, u must be a very kind, nice person..... I know that wearing a hIjab or not is a decision a woman takes in front of God, it's her own personal decision- but.... P. FADAH can't forget that she's not anymore a Saudi, well, she was born there, but she's now a member of the Jordanian Royal Family- so, the issue won't be, IMO, anymore personal, but , being KA the Head of the Royal Family, and, the Queen of Jordan is Queen Rania, HIS OWN WIFE, who has , since her wedding to P. Abdullah, chosen not to wear any hijab in every day life and in official meetings, too- let alone all the Royal Princesses in Jordan, starting from the much loved P. Basma, to P. Hayah, Zein, Aisha, Rym Al Ali, Alia al Feisal, Noor Hamzah, the cousins, daughters of P. Hassan, Queen Noor, P. Muna, etc. - they all wear in a western attire, don't know why, but they do so- I do wonder, if P. Fahdah will follow Saudi Arabia traditions, IN THIS CASE, u know better than me that wearing a hijab in public in KSA is a must, not only a personal decision), - well, if she will wear a hijab in every day life and in official occasions, HOW will QR, KA and the other Royal women in Jordan, respond to that ?????? - would they think she is provoking , or that she wishes to be more loved by Jordan ppl than them ?- Will KA be mad at Hashim ? I know ppl would love if a Royal Jordan Princess wore an hijab in public, but , -hope u can understand what I'm trying to say,- this will create a difficult situation for Hashim, who is responsible for his wife, and it will certainly stress on the fact that the Royal Jordan women have never and never will wear any hijab, but when attending a funeral or visiting a tomb- Ps- is Fadah from a very religious family ? I think she was chosen by Hashim as his bride as he's become very religious now- I heard he was studying the Holy Quran, these days- sorry if I am being a niunsance, but I am aware u don't know what will happen, but I'm sure u'll understand P. Fadah will have a difficult decision to take, hope Hashim will help her in this- love- take care - Emy. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

well, maybe her decision to hijab or not won't be personal. maybe the jrf encourages members not to wear hijab?? because they want to try to appear modern....

Isn't Jordan supposed to be a more modern middle eastern country anyway?

madonna23 said:
well, maybe her decision to hijab or not won't be personal. maybe the jrf encourages members not to wear hijab?? because they want to try to appear modern....

It wouldn't surprise me as such a big deal has been made by Rania about hijab, that for another member of the family to cover up would contradict her and make her lose face. Perhaqps it has been ordered by the King, who knows? I will be interested to see this lady.

How come we haven't seen any pictures of the bride? Every other royal member of the family had his or her marriage publicized so how come they are remaining so discreet?Thanks.:)

Hey, Hope everyone is fine !

Well, to be honest, I think the hijab thing is a personal thing and I dont think any of us has the right to discuss what she might do later on in the future. I know that she isn't wearing hijab at the moment, but if she decides to, no one can really tell her not to as no one has that right, plus, no one holds that kind of authority over anyone (i.e, I dont wear hijab, but if I one day make that comitment, I know that no one can really tell me not to), no matter how big or small you are, it is a religious act afterall. As long as her face shows and its done tastefully and she is dressed in a classy way then I dont see the problem at all, so I dont understand what the big deal is ... Infact, she may shed a positive light on how islam really is, why dont you think of it in that way instead ? can't it be a part of free speach ? I dont know, whatever she decides, I think we should all learn to respect it ...

Fahdah is a saudi and will always be. The fact that the pictures weren't announced is because there has not been a wedding yet. Its not about being conservative or being secretive. It just happened so fast and they are prepairing for everything. Besides the news spead just as it happened, in most cases its kept a secret till they announce it.

As far as I know, queen noor wasn't in Saudi, P.Hamza, K. Abdulla and P.Hashim came and stayed for a weekend (except for k.abdullah who left straight after) ... Then a few weeks later fahada along with her grandmother and sister visited jordan and had lunch with queen noor (except for fahadahs mom and younger sister as her younger sisters wedding was coming up closely after) so you see, they are busy at the moment with everything, nothing about being secretive, its just how things go in saudi, nothing is released officially till the wedding ceremony, but the thing I sense is alot of you guys are taking it personally. when in fact it isn't. Just give the girl a break, she is wonderful and time will come when you will see her and know her.

Also, I didn't appreciate the comment that was (they are complicated) in reference to saudi arabians ... I thought that was offensive, sorry, but I was hurt by it. But in the end, I do understant that each has their own opinion and I respect that. But what you also must know is fahda comes from a well- known and very respected family (especially on her mothers side), so she is and always will be saudi in the end, its not like she a jordanian citizen who married into the royal family (meaning its an easier transition as you are jordanian to begin with). So, in other words, she still is a representitive of her own family, and since she comes from a well known one she can't just scratch that and adopt a new one, she has to learn how to balance both equally ... I dont know if you are aware of the following fact, but women in saudi arabia dont change their last names after marriage. So, there is an emphasis on background, i.e. In saudi culture, the mothers last name is actually as important as the fathers, if not more important (especially when it comes to marriage) ... I say that because I know thats its common for a woman in other arabic countries to adopt her new husbands last name. Therefore, even though Fahda will be known as fahada alhashim in jordan, she will still be known as fahada abu nayan in saudi. Its just the way it works I suppose. So maybe after stating the previous fact you will understand what I mean about balancing both parts equally.

I just ask you guys (not all, just whoever this applied to), not to be harsh and just imagine what it would be like if your in her shoes at the moment, it all happened so quick and she is busy arranging everything ,, its not easy ... they live in different countries so you can't expect it to be as simple. Also, I hope non of you blame it on saudi culture or so on cus thats just not true at all, seriously, it isn't. I do understand that its easy to be impatient and criticize (its actually part of human nature), its just helpful to put yourself in that persons shoes before doing so. She is a girl like any of you, and I am sure she shares the same hopes and fears, so keep that in mind you guys, please ... I wish her all the happiness in the world, along with every single person reading this.

God Bless.

Moi.

Last edited:
Moi I anjoy read what you wrote but I can't understand why fahda went to jordan to meet Queen Noor ?! , sorry but it is difficult to me to understand that ! why the Queen didn't go to saudi arabia as the coustom and see Fahda !

emily62_1 said:
Thanx alot , Moi, for your help and your so nice answers, u must be a very kind, nice person..... I know that wearing a hijab or not is a decision a woman takes in front of God, it's her own personal decision- but.... P. FADAH can't forget that she's not anymore a Saudi, well, she was born there, but she's now a member of the Jordanian Royal Family- so, the issue won't be, IMO, anymore personal, but , being KA the Head of the Royal Family, and, the Queen of Jordan is Queen Rania, HIS OWN WIFE, who has , since her wedding to P. Abdullah, chosen not to wear any hijab in every day life and in official meetings, too- let alone all the Royal Princesses in Jordan, starting from the much loved P. Basma, to P. Hayah, Zein, Aisha, Rym Al Ali, Alia al Feisal, Noor Hamzah, the cousins, daughters of P. Hassan, Queen Noor, P. Muna, etc. - they all wear in a western attire, don't know why, but they do so- I do wonder, if P. Fahdah will follow Saudi Arabia traditions, IN THIS CASE, u know better than me that wearing a hijab in public in KSA is a must, not only a personal decision), - well, if she will wear a hijab in every day life and in official occasions, HOW will QR, KA and the other Royal women in Jordan, respond to that ?????? - would they think she is provoking , or that she wishes to be more loved by Jordan ppl than them ?- Will KA be mad at Hashim ? I know ppl would love if a Royal Jordan Princess wore an hijab in public, but , -hope u can understand what I'm trying to say,- this will create a difficult situation for Hashim, who is responsible for his wife, and it will certainly stress on the fact that the Royal Jordan women have never and never will wear any hijab, but when attending a funeral or visiting a tomb- Ps- is Fadah from a very religious family ? I think she was chosen by Hashim as his bride as he's become very religious now- I heard he was studying the Holy Quran, these days- sorry if I am being a niunsance, but I am aware u don't know what will happen, but I'm sure u'll understand P. Fadah will have a difficult decision to take, hope Hashim will help her in this- love- take care - Emy. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ! :) Well, if your weren't so nice yourself, you wouldn't think I were, so I am very flattered with what you said, and I am sure you a great person !!!

You know what? I think that its all a misconception, I think people get the wrong impression of saudis, fahda is just like them (q.rania, haya ... etc.) when it comes to clothes, and most saudis are, truely, you wont be able to tell them apart of a crowd. But, I dont blame people for what they think as thats how it is often portrayed in the media, so its very normal for it to turn into a stereotype you know? I do respect how you think, and in most cases, it makes perfect sense, when your the focus of people, its normal for them to pin-point every issue. But I dont think it will be that complicated. She doesn't wear hijab now, but what I mentioned is maybe in the future, she will, no one knows, same goes to any woman, including q.rania. No one knows ... I dont think there will be a comparison if one of them chose to, I dont think it can ever be that shallow or atleast I hope not ~!

It's just that people do not know what to expect so they go into lengthly discussions when the truth is just pure and simple. I do know that hashim studies shariá law at the moment (Holy Quran, etc.) So, maybe even if she didn't really think about it now, he might encourage her if she one day decides to. I dont really know. But all I hope is whatever they decide as individuals, others will just respect, for the reason that they are human and will have their own lives and they deserve, as with everyone else, to live according to what makes them most comfortable as long as it doesn't clash with what is frowned upon or labelled, wrong or taboo (which wont be an issue to begin with as I know they are both raised in the best of ways and are both mature and very respectful) ...

I enjoyed reading your post and I hope to hear from you often. I am sorry I cant help further, but thats a thing only she can answer. If anything else, just ask and I will do my best give a helpful reply. I also hope everything is going great for you... Best of luck with everything ! :)

God Bless,
Moi

Last edited:
houri said:
Moi I anjoy read what you wrote but I can't understand why fahda went to jordan to meet Queen Noor ?! , sorry but it is difficult to me to understand that ! why the Queen didn't go to saudi arabia as the coustom and see Fahda !

Your very right houri !

The real customs should include the mother ... The thing is they went to Saudi Arabia after giving their condolences regarding the death of the ruler of Dubai (not sure if you remember or not). So, it happened unexpectedly ... I think the real plans were otherwise but they decided to continue on after giving their condolences in the UAE. Since it happened that way, they managed the rest accordingly. I hope this helps, if even a tiny bit :)

Moi

Last edited:
Moi said:
Your very right houri !

The real customs should include the mother ... The thing is they went to Saudi Arabia after giving their condolences regarding the death of the ruler of Dubai (not sure if you remember or not). So, it happened unexpectedly ... I think the real plans were otherwise but they decided to continue on after giving their condolences in the UAE. Since it happened that way, they managed the rest accordingly. I hope this helps, if even a tiny bit :)

Moi

thanx for answering my question , although I don't know what you mean by unexpectedly and also if they didn't plane for it ( I can't imagine that ) this not excuse , this is the first time I heard about bride go to her mother in low before the wedding to meet her ( it is the jobe of the mother of the groom ) !! , Queen Noor not an old woman can't travel so I don't understand the point behind going to her but maybe family of Fahda mor open and don't mind any way if she does not mind it is up to her :cool:

Moi said:

Well, to be honest, I think the hijab thing is a personal thing and I dont think any of us has the right to discuss what she might do later on in the future. I know that she isn't wearing hijab at the moment, but if she decides to, no one can really tell her not to as no one has that right, plus, no one holds that kind of authority over anyone (i.e, I dont wear hijab, but if I one day make that comitment, I know that no one can really tell me not to), no matter how big or small you are, it is a religious act afterall. As long as her face shows and its done tastefully and she is dressed in a classy way then I dont see the problem at all, so I dont understand what the big deal is ... Infact, she may shed a positive light on how islam really is, why dont you think of it in that way instead ? can't it be a part of free speach ? I dont know, whatever she decides, I think we should all learn to respect it ...

Fahdah is a saudi and will always be. The fact that the pictures weren't announced is because there has not been a wedding yet. Its not about being conservative or being secretive. It just happened so fast and they are prepairing for everything. Besides the news spead just as it happened, in most cases its kept a secret till they announce it.

As far as I know, queen noor wasn't in Saudi, P.Hamza, K. Abdulla and P.Hashim came and stayed for a weekend (except for k.abdullah who left straight after) ... Then a few weeks later fahada along with her grandmother and sister visited jordan and had lunch with queen noor (except for fahadahs mom and younger sister as her younger sisters wedding was coming up closely after) so you see, they are busy at the moment with everything, nothing about being secretive, its just how things go in saudi, nothing is released officially till the wedding ceremony, but the thing I sense is alot of you guys are taking it personally. when in fact it isn't. Just give the girl a break, she is wonderful and time will come when you will see her and know her.

Also, I didn't appreciate the comment that was (they are complicated) in reference to saudi arabians ... I thought that was offensive, sorry, but I was hurt by it. But in the end, I do understant that each has their own opinion and I respect that. But what you also must know is fahda comes from a well- known and very respected family (especially on her mothers side), so she is and always will be saudi in the end, its not like she a jordanian citizen who married into the royal family (meaning its an easier transition as you are jordanian to begin with). So, in other words, she still is a representitive of her own family, and since she comes from a well known one she can't just scratch that and adopt a new one, she has to learn how to balance both equally ... I dont know if you are aware of the following fact, but women in saudi arabia dont change their last names after marriage. So, there is an emphasis on background, i.e. In saudi culture, the mothers last name is actually as important as the fathers, if not more important (especially when it comes to marriage) ... I say that because I know thats its common for a woman in other arabic countries to adopt her new husbands last name. Therefore, even though Fahda will be known as fahada alhashim in jordan, she will still be known as fahada abu nayan in saudi. Its just the way it works I suppose. So maybe after stating the previous fact you will understand what I mean about balancing both parts equally.

I just ask you guys (not all, just whoever this applied to), not to be harsh and just imagine what it would be like if your in her shoes at the moment, it all happened so quick and she is busy arranging everything ,, its not easy ... they live in different countries so you can't expect it to be as simple. Also, I hope non of you blame it on saudi culture or so on cus thats just not true at all, seriously, it isn't. I do understand that its easy to be impatient and criticize (its actually part of human nature), its just helpful to put yourself in that persons shoes before doing so. She is a girl like any of you, and I am sure she shares the same hopes and fears, so keep that in mind you guys, please ... I wish her all the happiness in the world, along with every single person reading this.

God Bless.

Moi.

its really nice for me to hear that they had lunch with queen noor :)
that destroys the bad rumours ...:rolleyes:

Moi said:

God Bless.

Moi.
Hi Moi, hope you're doing well. I do agree with everything you wrote in your answer , wearing the hijab is something very personal and I don't know why is everybody so concerned about a decision Fahdah might or might not take in the future, as you clearly said at the moment she is not wearing hijab and if Hashim is studying islamic studies this does not mean she or he will decide on her wearing it in the future, King Hussein himself in his last days spent a lot of time studying the Quran, yet QN did not wear hijab. As for her becoming a member of the RJF and how she must change, let's remember that prince Ghazi Bin Mohammed KA's first cousin married Areej AlZawawi from Oman she is a relative of Sultan Qabus she wears hijab , she kept her identity and the way she dresses yet she's always very moderate we rarely see her photos or her little daughter and KA surely didn't interfere in the way she dresses. The last point IMO I think it is a matter of protocol that Fahdah went to Jordan to meet QN, as she is now her daughter in law and she is a princess while Noor is a queen of course if the marriage has not yet taken place then surely the mother queen or not should go to the bride's family, but it's done now I'm sure they'll have a wonderful relationship between them as we all heard QN and the way she spoke about Noor Hamzah with Larry King, she will definitely take Fahdah as her fourth daughter. Hope we all will see the wedding photos this summer and see what a lovely couple they make. Best to you all :)

tesaweer said:
Hi Moi, hope you're doing well. I do agree with everything you wrote in your answer , wearing the hijab is something very personal and I don't know why is everybody so concerned about a decision Fahdah might or might not take in the future, as you clearly said at the moment she is not wearing hijab and if Hashim is studying islamic studies this does not mean she or he will decide on her wearing it in the future, King Hussein himself in his last days spent a lot of time studying the Quran, yet QN did not wear hijab. As for her becoming a member of the RJF and how she must change, let's remember that prince Ghazi Bin Mohammed KA's first cousin married Areej AlZawawi from Oman she is a relative of Sultan Qabus she wears hijab , she kept her identity and the way she dresses yet she's always very moderate we rarely see her photos or her little daughter and KA surely didn't interfere in the way she dresses. The last point IMO I think it is a matter of protocol that Fahdah went to Jordan to meet QN, as she is now her daughter in law and she is a princess while Noor is a queen of course if the marriage has not yet taken place then surely the mother queen or not should go to the bride's family, but it's done now I'm sure they'll have a wonderful relationship between them as we all heard QN and the way she spoke about Noor Hamzah with Larry King, she will definitely take Fahdah as her fourth daughter. Hope we all will see the wedding photos this summer and see what a lovely couple they make. Best to you all :)

and i have to agree with every word you said!i couldnt have said it better ;)

closesttoheaven said:
and i have to agree with every word you said!i couldnt have said it better ;)
Thanks a lot Closesttoheaven , my pleasure as always, all the best :)

tesaweer said:
Thanks a lot Closesttoheaven , my pleasure as always, all the best :)

Yep, tesaweer, I am glad to hear from you as always ... I just think that people are looking at things the wrong way at times and they assume something is wrong when in reality nothing is, I dont know, maybe I am bad at explaining my point of view and might stop postin because of it. But I always agree with what you say.

Though, I know you didn't mean it that way but I never said he will back her up, I just said that they are thinking too far ahead into the future and no one could answer those questions but her, then I explained that I dont understand why this is becoming such an issue. Also, I claimed that whether she takes the decision or not (for example, her mom wears hijab). So, whether she choses to or not, it is her life, and instead of thinking people will go against it, as some asked since non of Hashims sisters or sisters in law wears hijab, I said thats its only a decision between her and God (a point I made sure to repeat more than once), then I said that its true he studies sharia (as a reply to a question) and if she ever decided to take that step any time throughout her life, given his background, I surely dont think he will protest. (but I never said he will ask her to, which is what some people hinted towards since he studies sharia).

I never claimed he would back her up as thats all hypothetical. I just said that given both their backgrounds I am sure every decision they reach will be well considered and well thought of.

I hope you didn't think I meant otherwise ... I know you didn't tesaweer, I just wanted to double check.

Also, hope all is well with you tesaweer, its been a while ... :) Missed You !

T.C.

God Bless xx

Moi

Last edited:
houri said:
thanx for answering my question , although I don't know what you mean by unexpectedly and also if they didn't plane for it ( I can't imagine that ) this not excuse , this is the first time I heard about bride go to her mother in low before the wedding to meet her ( it is the jobe of the mother of the groom ) !! , Queen Noor not an old woman can't travel so I don't understand the point behind going to her but maybe family of Fahda mor open and don't mind any way if she does not mind it is up to her :cool:

Well, thinking of tradition, your right, a mother should visit the bride. I dont know what you mean by fahada's family more open !?! but I decided to skip that and focus on the main point. Which is, you never know what happens between people, I never said it was unplanned, I said something happened that wasn't according to plans (the death of the ruler of Dubai, which also holds close ties to P.Haya) ... I am not saying thats it, I am saying that probably played a role. On the ther hand, maybe it was planned to be between the men in the family and they all agreed that him and his brothers would go for the official proposal.

With all respect houri, I just think your focusing too much on little stuff and its all in the past now ... The groom and his brothers were greeted by Fahdah's maternal grandfather, her uncles (on both sides) and father. So, maybe it would have been out of place for q.noor to sit amongst them since it was only a proposal, and not a wedding yet. I think that if she started sweating the small stuff it would only lead to further rumors and more people would feed off that. As I stated beforehand, Fahada is a mature and respectful girl. I think her visiting her mother in law is the biggest proof of that, along with the fact that elhamdellah, everything is alright and that they are all happy about how it is all going. As long as they are, then I believe no one can really say anything anymore, Dont you agree Houri ???

.. Hummi mitfahmeen ... So all you can really say is Allah yewafeghom.

T.C

Moi

Last edited:
Moi said:
Well, thinking of tradition, your right, a mother should visit the bride. I dont know what you mean by fahada's family more open !?! but I decided to skip that and focus on the main point. Which is, you never know what happens between people, I never said it was unplanned, I said something happened that wasn't according to plans (the death of the ruler of Dubai, which also holds close ties to P.Haya) ... I am not saying thats it, I am saying that probably played a role. On the ther hand, maybe it was planned to be between the men in the family and they all agreed that him and his brothers would go for the official proposal.

With all respect houri, I just think your focusing too much on little stuff and its all in the past now ... The groom and his brothers were greeted by Fahdah's maternal grandfather, her uncles (on both sides) and father. So, maybe it would have been out of place for q.noor to sit amongst them since it was only a proposal, and not a wedding yet. I think that if she started sweating the small stuff it would only lead to further rumors and more people would feed off that. As I stated beforehand, Fahada is a mature and respectful girl. I think her visiting her mother in law is the biggest proof of that, along with the fact that elhamdellah, everything is alright and that they are all happy about how it is all going. As long as they are, then I believe no one can really say anything anymore, Dont you agree Houri ???

.. Hummi mitfahmeen ... So all you can really say is Allah yewafeghom.

T.C

Moi

what you mean by Hummi mitfahmeen ?

Back
Top Bottom