Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Evening Reception - May 19, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The story I posted makes it pretty plain that the slippers were distributed at Frogmore. The following sentences mention the marquee on the grounds. And- can you honestly imagine that a party the Queen hosted at Windsor involved slippers?
Could someone point me to a source for the Suits cast not being invited story?

Yes, that why I needed a moment when I thought the cast of Suits weren't invited to Frogmore. :lol: It's one thing to have bowl food, but I can't see the Queen taking it that far. :lol:

FWIW, the shoes (and dresses) that were featured in Troian's slipper videos were the shoes (and dress/Abigail's dress/Sarah's dress) she wore to the ceremony and Queen's reception.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6...harry-meghan-markle-guests-wedding-reception/

I can't see Troian, Sarah Rafferty and Abigail Spencer all wearing the same dress to the evening reception, when everyone else changed.

One source of the "Suits cast didn't go to the evening party" story was that Jessica Mulroney's stylist posted some Instagram stories of an impromptu karaoke party at Coworth Park (which seems to have been the hotel of choice for most of the big name guests) that featured Rick Hoffman singing and what looked like Gabriel Macht on piano, during the evening.

I didn't see Sarah, Abigail, or Gina in those instagram story videos, so I can't speak to that, but it was definitely Rick singing.

Last edited:
FWIW, the shoes (and dresses) that were featured in Troian's slipper videos were the shoes (and dress/Abigail's dress/Sarah's dress) she wore to the ceremony and Queen's reception.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6...harry-meghan-markle-guests-wedding-reception/

I can't see Troian, Sarah Rafferty and Abigail Spencer all wearing the same dress to the evening reception, when everyone else changed.

One source of the "Suits cast didn't go to the evening party" story was that Jessica Mulroney's stylist posted some Instagram stories of an impromptu karaoke party at Coworth Park (which seems to have been the hotel of choice for most of the big name guests) that featured Rick Hoffman singing and what looked like Gabriel Macht on piano, during the evening.

I didn't see Sarah, Abigail, or Gina in those instagram story videos, so I can't speak to that, but it was definitely Rick singing.

She did also say that was a warm up though. Who knows what Rick was warming up for. :lol: And honestly, if they were to pick and choose and only invite some members of the Suit cast, I can't see Rick being left behind. Rick and Meghan are very close.

Bold by me-- this!

It just doesn't seem like it would be a thing at a reception hosted by the Queen. Plus, 600 attended that reception, even if only for the women, that's a lot of slippers!

For the afternoon reception, seems to me their feet would still be in pretty good shape so that they wouldn't need slippers. When I hear "slippers" I think "dancing," and think that's why they'd have them.

I also remember Sarah with an Instagram photo of a pink formal gown, and it was inferred that she would be using it this weekend. And yet, I recall reading that they were not invited to the evening reception.

I also thought it odd to have people fly from Canada and the States and not invite them to everything, but what do I know!

But yes, we probably will never really know unless they post it on Instagram.

Yes, that why I needed a moment when I thought the cast of Suits weren't invited to Frogmore. :lol: It's one thing to have bowl food, but I can't see the Queen taking it that far. :lol:

Bowl food is already pretty cheap for one of the richest royal houses in Europe . I mean, even at other morning weddings, continental European royal houses did much better at the post-wedding reception,and I am not getting into the full dinners served after late afternoon/ evening weddings.

My understanding is that even though Sarah York attended the wedding ceremony and the luncheon hosted by the queen at Frogmore, she was not invited to the intimate evening reception given by the PoW. It's no secret that he is not quite a fan.

I have read that the Middletons(Michael, Carole, Pippa and her husband and her brother James) were also not invited to the Charles shindig, which rather surprises me.

I personally think that Pippa and James were at least asked. Pippa is pregnant, after sitting in a church and then standing at an reception in daytime, she surely didn't want to attend a party at night. James might have been there. I don't think many of the elder generation attended, probably some Royals on Charles' invite but other than that, it was the people Meghan knew would have a good party together with Harry's friends.

I am of the opinion that the media has gotten the slippers story completely wrong (and the media being the media, all other outlets followed the first like a bunch of sheep): I've watched the video from Troian Bellisario's Instagram story that The Sun has included in their article - it begins with the group in the coach on the way to Windsor Castle, then Troian and others getting back on the coach after the lunch reception, and then they get slippers once they're off the coach at their destination.

IMO what is most likely, is that the hotel they were staying at (Coworth Park, was that where most of the big name out-of-towners were staying?) provided them with the slippers when they arrived back after the wedding and lunch reception. In the background of the video you can hear the staff asking everyone if they've had a great time and saying how lovely the day has been.

Troian, Sarah Rafferty and Abigail Spencer are all wearing the dresses they wore during the day. They wouldn't have been wearing those outfits if the video was taken during the evening reception at Frogmore.

:previous:

Yep, I am 100% sure the slippers definitely were at Coworth Park after the day reception seeing that additional photo from Misha. She and Benita are walking on the paths in the Stables accommodation area (photo).

I have a question not sure if anyone can help me out. Obviously due to restrictions media was not allowed to photograph anyone but Harry and Meghan leaving Windsor Castle(and we know there are various alternative exits too) but I know there was press down the street which saw some cars arriving (as we see in Daily Mail and the Telegraph) my question is whether there is any alternative entrance to Frogmore? I am just wondering how any press that was there missed the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arriving as well as Prince Charles and Camilla(I realize these two could have arrived prior to the press arriving at Frogmore) and obviously Harry and Meghan (though their arrival was mentioned somewhere as well as Charles and Camilla's departure)

Hope it's ok that I post these links.
You can see the photos here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Pri...h#imgdii=5nmc-Lq6CwvKMM:&imgrc=95-Gfq__TTmSJM:

For this link scroll down to 10:50am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...st-news-meghan-markle-prince-harry-head-home/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-right-sister-lady-eliza-left-cousins-prince/

Last edited:
The bus was at one of the gates to the Home Park. There's a network of roadways within the gates that isn't open to the public, and Frogmore is on one of those roads. Some of the attendees probably came directly from the castle, and never had to travel on a public road at all. Bagshot Park (the Wessexes) and Royal Lodge (the Yorks) are south of Windsor, so they'd probably use that entrance to get in (there's a route from Royal Lodge to Frogmore that stays in the parks, but it goes down the Long Walk which may have been blocked by the fencing and the media).

Last edited:
The bus was at one of the gates to the Home Park. There's a network of roadways within the gates that isn't open to the public, and Frogmore is on one of those roads. Some of the attendees probably came directly from the castle, and never had to travel on a public road at all. Bagshot Park (the Wessexes) and Royal Lodge (the Yorks) are south of Windsor, so they'd probably use that entrance to get in (there's a route from Royal Lodge to Frogmore that stays in the parks, but it goes down the Long Walk which may have been blocked by the fencing and the media).

This is fantastic thank you so much for this information it is really helpful! :flowers:

Also I just found this tweet from royal correspondent James Brookes. It's quite interesting especially if you know nothing about Windsor. I also recall when the Queen left for church the next morning she used an alternative exit as Long Walk was still being cleaned up.

Is there any confirmation that Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp and his sisters attended the evening reception?

Is there any confirmation that Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp and his sisters attended the evening reception?

Not sure but I know Lady Kitty Spencer and her sister Lady Eliza went along with their mother Victoria Aitken.

Just so I understand clearly is what your saying basically that if the Yorks and Wessex's didn't change at Windsor(I have heard William and Kate had their stuff at Windsor so they changed there)then they would have used a public road to get to Frogmore hence why they were photographed? Would the same apply for the bus carrying the guests from the hotel I can't quite remember the name right now.

Not sure but I know Lady Kitty Spencer and her sister Lady Eliza went along with their mother Victoria Aitken.

Just so I understand clearly is what your saying basically that if the Yorks and Wessex's didn't change at Windsor(I have heard William and Kate had their stuff at Windsor so they changed there)then they would have used a public road to get to Frogmore hence why they were photographed? Would the same apply for the bus carrying the guests from the hotel I can't quite remember the name right now.

William, Kate and their family stayed at Windsor through Sunday, so yes, they probably changed at Windsor and did not have to drive on a public road to get to Frogmore.

The Yorks probably changed at Royal Lodge and the Wessexes at Bagshot Park, their homes in the area.

Last edited:
Yes, the Yorks and Wessexes would have changed at home. There is no need for them to have brought clothes to Windsor palace and change there. Just like any guests would have returned to their hotel to change. There was a large gap of time between the receptions. The Wessexes would have also had their kids who wouldn't have gone to the evening reception and would need to be taken home.

William, Kate and their family stayed at Windsor through Sunday, so yes, they probably changed at Windsor and did not have to drive on a public road to get to Frogmore.

The Yorks probably changed at Royal Lodge and the Wessexes at Bagshot Park, their homes in the area.

Yes, the Yorks and Wessexes would have changed at home. There is no need for them to have brought clothes to Windsor palace and change there. Just like any guests would have returned to their hotel to change. There was a large gap of time between the receptions. The Wessexes would have also had their kids who wouldn't have gone to the evening reception and would need to be taken home.

Perfect thanks to both of you and again to wbenson. Since I don't live in the UK I don't know too much about Windsor so I had no idea about these private roads. Yes I knew that Frogmore itself was private estate and the area was cordoned off but the rest about the roads and such is all brand new information for me so thank you again:flowers:

:previous: Neither Harry nor Meghan put their seatbelt on in the sportscar heading to Frogmore.

Actually, neither does HM or Prince Philip, etc when they are at Windsor, Sandringham or Balmoral.

If its anything like it is here in the US, the buckle up laws pertain only to private roads. If these people are driving on private land, they're OK.

If its anything like it is here in the US, the buckle up laws pertain only to private roads. If these people are driving on private land, they're OK.

Wait did I misunderstand that? I know nothing about US law since I'm in Canada but wouldn't it be part of the law to wear a seatbelt while on a public road more so then private road? I mean buckling up to me should be done anywhere you go but that's just my opinion. Plus I thought private lands = private roads...well for the most part I guess. I mean I'm sure most private lands also have some sort of public road... Then again I'm prob wrong I know nothing about all this since I live mostly in the city so lol

I assume typo, and you mean the buckle up law only pertains to Public roads.

As long as it is a private road, one that the general public does not have regular access to, seatbelt rules don't apply.

Also if cars were not fitted with seatbelts, some older cars are not, you cant be required to wear one. This may apply to some of the queen's cars we have seen used like at the wedding. The jaguar Harry drove should, as it is just modeled after an old one.

I assume typo, and you mean the buckle up law only pertains to Public roads.

As long as it is a private road, one that the general public does not have regular access to, seatbelt rules don't apply.

Also if cars were not fitted with seatbelts, some older cars are not, you cant be required to wear one. This may apply to some of the queen's cars we have seen used like at the wedding. The jaguar Harry drove should, as it is just modeled after an old one.

Thanks for catching that. It was a typo. It should have read that the buckle up laws pertain to *public" roads and not private. Ooops. :D

Thanks for catching that. It was a typo. It should have read that the buckle up laws pertain to *public" roads and not private. Ooops. :D

I'm relieved it's a typo for a while I thought I was going nuts. I was like wait so all these years I've thought laws pertain to public roads when really it's private you should have seen how confused I've been the past few hours :lol:

No chance the kids stayed at Windsor castle overnight? I only say that since I know Windsor castle has tons of rooms. I have no idea if they usually do or not. The thought came to me after we saw pics of Lady Louise going to church with the Queen yesterday. Although the first guess seemed to make more sense in terms of why we saw pics of the Wessexes and Yorks on the roads but no one else. I'll choose to believe the first :whistling:

I just saw the dress Priya wore to the evening reception; it was so spectacular.

I'm relieved it's a typo for a while I thought I was going nuts. I was like wait so all these years I've thought laws pertain to public roads when really it's private you should have seen how confused I've been the past few hours :lol:

No chance the kids stayed at Windsor castle overnight? I only say that since I know Windsor castle has tons of rooms. I have no idea if they usually do or not. The thought came to me after we saw pics of Lady Louise going to church with the Queen yesterday. Although the first guess seemed to make more sense in terms of why we saw pics of the Wessexes and Yorks on the roads but no one else. I'll choose to believe the first :whistling:

I don't know why they would. Bagshot park is only 15 minutes away from Windsor Castle. It wouldn't make sense for the kids to stay at the castle. Windsor castle is massive, and while it has Many guest rooms, it doesn't actually have any apartments. Well it has one, the queen's. It wasn't a matter of what to do with the kids for an hour or two when their parents were at the day time reception. It was a long evening affair, after a several hour break. Leaving the kids in guest rooms at Windsor castle all night, while the family was at Frogmore house, makes little sense. The Cambridge kids are another matter, as they don't have a home in Windsor.

Louise went to church with the queen, and likely was staying with her. But that was at Balmoral. In Scotland, Louise and her parents would be staying at Craigowan with the queen on the estate.

Makes sense to send the kids home to their own home. They could spend their Saturday night doing whatever they wanted at home. And sleep in their own beds. No need to be cooped up in bedrooms all day at Windsor.

I don't know why they would. Bagshot park is only 15 minutes away from Windsor Castle. It wouldn't make sense for the kids to stay at the castle. Windsor castle is massive, and while it has Many guest rooms, it doesn't actually have any apartments. Well it has one, the queen's. It wasn't a matter of what to do with the kids for an hour or two when their parents were at the day time reception. It was a long evening affair, after a several hour break. Leaving the kids in guest rooms at Windsor castle all night, while the family was at Frogmore house, makes little sense. The Cambridge kids are another matter, as they don't have a home in Windsor.

Louise went to church with the queen, and likely was staying with her. But that was at Balmoral. In Scotland, Louise and her parents would be staying at Craigowan with the queen on the estate.

Makes sense to send the kids home to their own home. They could spend their Saturday night doing whatever they wanted at home. And sleep in their own beds. No need to be cooped up in bedrooms all day at Windsor.
Thank you for this. As I said I really don’t know much about Windsor Castle or any of the Royal Households around that area so I had no idea Bagshot was that close by. Make total sense. :flowers: Also yes you are so right it was Balmoral we saw Lady Louise going to church with The Queen not Windsor I don’t know why I didn’t put that into consideration before I typed all that up :argh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom