Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Evening Reception - May 19, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question from an America commoner. Why does the Duke of Sussex drive an American configured Jag ? I thought all British vehicles were configured to drive on the right side of the vehicle.

He doesn't own it..it was a rental for the wedding.

LaRae

He doesn't own it..it was a rental for the wedding.

LaRae

Looks like my post got chopped. :flowers:

From what I understood on the evening Prince Charles owns the car, the car has a personalised number plate, i'm unsure if it was a road legal number plate, but it could have been a gift.

William and Catherine drove out of BP in one of Charles' Aston Martins with a personalised number plate. ?

Question from an America commoner. Why does the Duke of Sussex drive an American configured Jag ? I thought all British vehicles were configured to drive on the right side of the vehicle.

Likely because it's vintage car and that's all they could find.

The motoring editor for the Daily Mail wrote about his experience riding in one last year:
What it's like to ride in Prince Harry's wedding motor | Daily Mail Online

The editor says that JLR leant the car to Harry.

For Jaguar itself the timing of their royal coup with the electric E-Type conversion could not have been better as it coincides with the launch next month of Jaguar’s new all £60,000 electric I-PACE performance SUV with first deliveries from June as part of its ‘green’ hi-tech plans to electrify every new model in its range from 2020.

To show that their cars can even be retro-fitted with electric power, the British luxury and sports car firm has taken a 1968 version of its elegant roadster dubbed ‘the world’s most beautiful car’ and given it an automotive heart transplant – removing its powerful petrol engine and replacing it with a zero emissions electric motor and plug-in battery.

Men's Journal, who really seem to care about things like "torque", wrote an article detailing JLR's work to retrofit these classic Jags:

https://www.mensjournal.com/gear/ro...type-concept-zero-meghan-markle-prince-harry/

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news...ng-meghan-markle-kate-middleton-reception/amp

I’ ve seen this in a few write ups; if true, it means that Sarah was at the evening reception.

It all came from one source I believe. And that's just how they usually work these days. One reports it, and the others jump on it and publish the same thing as so and so reports without fact checking. I'm leaning towards Sarah wasn't there since the original reporting had it right that she'd be invited to the ceremony, but not the private party hosted by Charles. And also Andrew and the girls and Jack showed up together without Fergie. If she was, I don't think they'd do that for the private shindig. The morning really wasn't much of an option, but there were no such rules and restrictions at night.

My understanding is that even though Sarah York attended the wedding ceremony and the luncheon hosted by the queen at Frogmore, she was not invited to the intimate evening reception given by the PoW. It's no secret that he is not quite a fan.

I have read that the Middletons(Michael, Carole, Pippa and her husband and her brother James) were also not invited to the Charles shindig, which rather surprises me.

The cast of Suits was also not invited to the evening reception, which I was a bit surprised about. At least since Sarah, Rick and Meghan are close. But I guess if you keep adding on, pretty soon you have another large party.

The cast of Suits was also not invited to the evening reception, which I was a bit surprised about. At least since Sarah, Rick and Meghan are close. But I guess if you keep adding on, pretty soon you have another large party.

And if you keep subtracting, pretty soon there are only enough people for a couple of tables of bridge! I hadn’t heard that the Suits crowd weren’t invited.

Yes. I believe they were only invited the reception hosted by the QUeen.

I was a bit surprised by the Middleton's as well but they were invited to the wedding and the luncheon so that's something.

Likely because it's vintage car and that's all they could find.

It's not a vintage car, it was made in 2017. :flowers:

That's interesting that the suits cast didn't attend. I am a little confused by the instagram post of the slippers. Daily Mail says it was for the reception, but then they also have pictures of her en route from Windsor to St Georges...

Yes. I believe they were only invited the reception hosted by the QUeen.

I was a bit surprised by the Middleton's as well but they were invited to the wedding and the luncheon so that's something.

I don't think they are quite as close to the Middletons, so that made sense. Especially considering Michael and Carole Middleton aren't likely to party into the night, and neither is Pippa at this point.

I have read that the Middletons(Michael, Carole, Pippa and her husband and her brother James) were also not invited to the Charles shindig, which rather surprises me.

Not surprising at all to me. Harry is not particularly close to the Middletons.

The Suits cast not being invited perhaps suggests that Meghan feels closer to George and Amal Clooney, Idris Elba, or Oprah than to her co-workers whom she has known for nearly a decade. To be fair, I am not close to my co-workers either, but that proximity between Meghan and recent celebrity acquaintances still surprises me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a vintage car, it was made in 2017. :flowers:
It was originally built in 1968. They converted it. When you get into a situation like that, you pick what you can get from the old and rework it. The article from the person that's driven it said it was originally made for export, and that's why the steering wheel is on the left. Good thing Harry knows how to drive on the correct side of the car. :lol:

Can I just take a moment to express my shock that they were offered slippers at the Queen's reception? I mean. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speculative comments about Charles' and his relationship to the Middletons has been deleted. Let's stay on-topic.

I'm not sure we can say that Harry is not particularly close to the Middletons. I'd say we actually know squat about their relationship.

And Harry and Meghan attended Pippa's evening reception last year.

Oops sorry-was posting when mod posted.

It was originally built in 1968. They converted it. When you get into a situation like that, you pick what you can get from the old and rework it. The article from the person that's driven it said it was originally made for export, and that's why the steering wheel is on the left. Good thing Harry knows how to drive on the correct side of the car. :lol:

Can I just take a moment to express my shock that they were offered slippers at the Queen's reception? I mean. :lol:

That's incorrect, as stated on JLR's own site:

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/about-jaguar/jaguar-stories/jaguar-e-type-concept-zero.html

Concept Zero is based on a 1968 Series 1.5 Jaguar E-type. Electrifying looks. Zero emissions. Electrifying performance

KP specifically referred to it as the concept zero, which means it's a 2017 car. If it was an old 1968 jag that has been re-worked, it cannot be the concept zero. All the concepts were made for exports, most jags are.

Unfortunately I am denied access to the mensjournal article. :flowers:

It's unclear when they were offered slippers, but they were offered them in the grounds of windsor. It's actually quite a thoughtful gift, and something very helpful on the day.

The Suits cast not being invited perhaps suggests that Meghan feels closer to George and Amal Clooney, Idris Elba, or Oprah than to her co-workers whom she has known for nearly a decade. To be fair, I am not close to my co-workers either, but that proximity between Meghan and recent celebrity acquaintances still surprises me.

The entire Suit cast was present for the reception; here is the creator of the show in his own words:

https://servimg.com/view/19804771/14
https://servimg.com/view/19804771/15
https://servimg.com/view/19804771/16

The entire Suit cast was present for the reception; here is the creator of the show in his own words:

https://servimg.com/view/19804771/14
https://servimg.com/view/19804771/15
https://servimg.com/view/19804771/16

He's only talking about the first reception. The discussion is if they were invited to the second one. And truthfully, we'll never know. No one is going to go on the record talking about it. That's the expectation for the second reception is that everyone can just let their hair down and not worry and have fun without worrying that it'll get out. And really Suits cast aren't at the Clooney level that someone will want to dig for it through their sources. :lol:

Suits at evening reception

Here’s a story which quotes three of the actresses describing getting slippers when they got off the bus at Frogmore:
Meghan Markle thanks the Queen for welcoming her in wedding speech | Daily Mail Online

This part of the story is just after the pix of M&H in the E car.

It’s hard to believe that the cast would be invited to come all the way to London and leave them out of this part of the day. Another rumor, apparently they were there.

Here’s a story which quotes three of the actresses describing getting slippers when they got off the bus at Frogmore:
Meghan Markle thanks the Queen for welcoming her in wedding speech | Daily Mail Online

This part of the story is just after the pix of M&H in the E car.

It’s hard to believe that the cast would be invited to come all the way to London and leave them out of this part of the day. Another rumor, apparently they were there.

If that's the case, then the Suits case would likely be invited. I can't remember where, but I thought I had read one of the people that talked about the slippers was Troian Bellasario (Patrick's wife). That's why I thought it might be at the Windsor reception.

If that's the case, then the Suits case would likely be invited. I can't remember where, but I thought I had read one of the people that talked about the slippers was Troian Bellasario (Patrick's wife). That's why I thought it might be at the Windsor reception.

Trojan Bellasario posted a video of her receiving the slippers on her Instagram story. It’s unclear though if the slippers were provided at the first reception (at Windsor) or the second (at Frogmore).

Trojan Bellasario posted a video of her receiving the slippers on her Instagram story. It’s unclear though if the slippers were provided at the first reception (at Windsor) or the second (at Frogmore).

Been following the forum for a while but first time posting.

Like others have said we will probably never know if Suits cast were at the evening reception. A few articles I've read have mentioned they were among those invited.

I can't imagine Meghan would have her castmates of 7 years invited only for the afternoon reception after all of them would have flown in from America to attend.
Although Charles was hosting the evening reception, I would have thought Meghan and Harry would have mainly been responsible for the guest list.

I would be very surprised if there were not invited as Sarah, Gina and Meghan have spoken before about being like sisters and I've heard Patrick refer to Meghan as like a little sister.

I've been a fan of Suits since it started in 2011 and follow the entire cast and the creator Aaron Korsh on social media and they all seemed to be very close and referred to each other as family. Like if they were not included in the evening reception then Meghan's side would probably have been pretty small as it was only her mum and closest friends who were there

Last edited:

The story I posted makes it pretty plain that the slippers were distributed at Frogmore. The following sentences mention the marquee on the grounds. And- can you honestly imagine that a party the Queen hosted at Windsor involved slippers?
Could someone point me to a source for the Suits cast not being invited story?

The story I posted makes it pretty plain that the slippers were distributed at Frogmore. The following sentences mention the marquee on the grounds. And- can you honestly imagine that a party the Queen hosted at Windsor involved slippers?
Could someone point me to a source for the Suits cast not being invited story?

Bold by me-- this!

It just doesn't seem like it would be a thing at a reception hosted by the Queen. Plus, 600 attended that reception, even if only for the women, that's a lot of slippers!

The article posted above said at Frogmore once they got off the coach. Another mystery that we will never know for sure. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom