Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a pity that this thread is not in 2 parts: civil and religious wedding. I found lovely pictures from the civil wedding from the tv programm Blauwbloed.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 254
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 206
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 182
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 243
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 208
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 249
More pictures from Blauw Bloed

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 195
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,331
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 405
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,616
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,115
Great picture from Photographer Ton Kastermans

Attachments

• column.jpg
    column.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 356
More pictures from the civil wedding from Nu.nl, Newsphoto, Hola, mokkels and more unknown sources..without watermarks:)

Attachments

• boda-5a.jpg
    boda-5a.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,127
  • 8b1nm.jpg
    8b1nm.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 612698.jpg
    612698.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 278
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 201005_3118705.preview.jpeg
    201005_3118705.preview.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 225
  • vb.jpg
    vb.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 353
  • ty.jpg
    ty.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 299
two more pics of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan. From DPA

Attachments

• 013901_4.jpg
    013901_4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 014101_4.jpg
    014101_4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 293
The bride and groom left Church, picture from Erik-Jan Geniets

Attachments

• 22okt200501florisaimeevoorkerk.1.jpeg
    22okt200501florisaimeevoorkerk.1.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 467
I haven't looked through the entire thread, (only the first 300 odd pages!) so I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but are the Dutch Royal Family Catholic or Protestant? Or some completely different denomination?

As for the bride she looked stunning on the day of the civil ceremony, the outfit was lovely and the pillbox hat was destined to draw Jackie comparisons. She looked incredibly chic and even her wedding dress was quite simple. Although i thought it was a bit bland and boring, she's incredibly pretty so can carry it off. Plus it's a classic style of dress and at least she won't end up in one of the worst dressed bride threads!

Little_star said:
I haven't looked through the entire thread, (only the first 300 odd pages!) so I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but are the Dutch Royal Family Catholic or Protestant? Or some completely different denomination

Traditionally they were protestant (dutch reformed), there was a time when a dutch princess (Grand Duchess Sophie of Saxe-Weimar) bluntly refused to enter a catholic church with the explanation that she was an Orange-Nassau, but those days are gone.

Princess Irene and Princess Christina both converted to catholisism.

Maxima is catholic, so are Marilene, Aimee (and Anita?). The other members remain dutch reformed, Catharina-Amalia and Alexia are raised in that religion as well.

Different new pictures from DPA part 1 without watermarks:)

Attachments

• 088801_4.jff.jpeg
    088801_4.jff.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 089901_4.jff.jpeg
    089901_4.jff.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 321
  • 098601_4.jff.jpeg
    098601_4.jff.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 242
Different new pictures from DPA part 2 without watermarks:)

Attachments

• 086901_4.jff.jpeg
    086901_4.jff.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 377
  • 083501_4.jff.jpeg
    083501_4.jff.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 088301_4.jff.jpeg
    088301_4.jff.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 088101_4.jff.jpeg
    088101_4.jff.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 393
MissHelen & Ropura both noted that after the church wedding on Saturday the guests went to the Paul Fagel Restaurant. Is this normal procedure for a royal wedding - to go to a restaurant? I'm sure it was not your average restaurant & was quite fancy, but somehow I had assumed that they would be having a fine meal at Het Loo Palace.

They might not have thought the palace was appropriate because they are not members of the Dutch Royal House (but are obviously still in the royal family). A restaurant may have been their idea - perhaps they wanted to be a little more relaxed.

SpiffyBallerina said:
They might not have thought the palace was appropriate because they are not members of the Dutch Royal House (but are obviously still in the royal family). A restaurant may have been their idea - perhaps they wanted to be a little more relaxed.

A slight correction: Pieter-Christiaan, Floris and Johan Friso are no longer part of the Dutch royal family/house, as are their aunts Irene and Christina. They remain however part of the Queen's family -- a very clear but distinct difference. So next April when it's Queen's Day, only members of the royal house will attend: Queen Beatrix, Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, Willem and Maxima, Constantijn and Laurentien, Maurits and Marilene, and Bernhard Jr. and Annette.

Pieter-Christiaan and Anita did some of their formal portraits at a palace didn't they? The same palace where Willem and Maxima did those pictures for Vanity Fair a few years ago. I also remember a discussion about this over on the Benelux or Glittering Royal Events MB in which the consensus was that while Pieter-Christiaan was no longer part of the Dutch royal house, there was nothing stopping his aunt Beatrix from using the palace for a few hours for a private family occasion such as her nephew's wedding. So I don't think there was anything stopping Floris and Aimee from asking the Queen to use the palace for a few hours after their wedding for a reception rather than a restaurant, though it might've been their personal preference.

Alexandria said:
So next April when it's Queen's Day, only members of the royal house will attend: Queen Beatrix, Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, Willem and Maxima, Constantijn and Laurentien, Maurits and Marilene, and Bernhard Jr. and Annette.

One can never be sure of that. Last year, Mabel and Friso acompagnied the Queen too at Queensday. But maybe that was because of her jubilee. I don't know. :confused:

Wasn't the party in the evening, where the jazz singer and big band appeared (sorry the names are escaping me) held at Het Loo? I wonder if they went to the restaurant by way of further honoring both the town of Naarden and a great master-chef, Paul Fagel.

Emily said:
Wasn't the party in the evening, where the jazz singer and big band appeared (sorry the names are escaping me) held at Het Loo? I wonder if they went to the restaurant by way of further honoring both the town of Naarden and a great master-chef, Paul Fagel.

Indeed Emily the party was in the evening at Het Loo in Apeldoorn. After the religious wedding they went to restaurant Fagel.

Picture from the party at het Loo :)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=205152

:) :) This is not the procedure go to the restaurant for the Royal Family.Normaly they go to the Palace for reception and diner.
Maybe because Prince Floris no more member of the Royal family.
I am not sure.

20 october after wedding at the city-hall of Naarden Prince Floris and Aimée van Sonhgen go to castle "Muiderslot" at the city of Muiden for reception.The castle is from 15th century build by ;) ''Floris the fifth '' ( Floris-V).
Prince Floris has the same name.

Last edited:
Mini-busses and cars with the two first licence number
(''AA '') always use by the Dutch Royal Family.

Photo nr. 1: Mini-bus
Photo nr. 2: Princess Margriet after reception get in the car
for diner at '' Palace Het Loo " at city of Apeldoorn.
Photo nr.4 : Princess Annette.

Photo by R.Ismangil.

Attachments

• Princes Floris en Aimee 1600.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1600.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1610.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1610.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1620.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1620.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1810.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1810.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Waiting for the ''Bride and Bridegroom''.

Photo R.Ismangil.

Attachments

• Princes Floris en Aimee 17700.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 17700.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1790.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1790.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 290
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1800.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1800.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 219
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1830.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1830.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 198
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1840.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1840.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1870.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1870.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Thank you so much Ropura for all your pictures. It's so nice to see your impression from the wedding:)

Thank you for the explanation, Marengo. I had suspected that Maxima was Catholic because she's Argentinian but I wasn't sure about the rest of the Dutch Family.

Selection from wedding pictures from Cover.

Attachments

• CA3AGBRD.jpg
    CA3AGBRD.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 354
  • CA2G0KQ3.jpg
    CA2G0KQ3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 398
  • CA01Q9BW.jpg
    CA01Q9BW.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 370
ropura said:
:) :) This is not the procedure go to the restaurant for the Royal Family.Normaly they go to the Palace for reception and diner.
Maybe because Prince Floris no more member of the Royal family.
I am not sure.

I think it was more a matter of logistics. When the wedding was over it was already lunchtime, to travel one hour to Apeldoorn would take to long, so they had dinner in that restaurant (one of the best of the country). As said, Pieter-Christiaan and Johan-Friso both used Palace Noordeinde after their wedding and the party for Floris was held in Palace het Loo. Furthermore I think it was a court-coordinated decission not to ask for permission, most probably suggested by the queen herself (or her staff) as she is afraid of a to large & uncontrolable family.

--

At queensday this year Friso, Mabl, Irene and Christina accompagnied the Queen as well, as Christina and Irene never do this I assume it was because of the jubilee thing (in the evening even Margarita attended the concert). It will be interesting to see what will happen next year. Irene and Cristina won't be there, Johan-Friso probably doesn't mind to stay away either (he always looks like thunder when he attends). Furthermore there were some problems 2 years ago when the party got back on sheduele becaue the group was so large and participating/talking everywhere, scattered over the route. So I assume only the adult members of the Royal House will attend (although gossip magazines will start questions about Catharina-Amalia).

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,149
  • naamloos.jpg
    naamloos.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 357
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 353
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 350
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 339
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 349
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 396
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
The Bride and Bridegroom with accompany M.P.and above them helicopter go to 'Het Palace Het-Loo at Apeldoorn.

Photo by R.Ismangil.

Attachments

• Princes Floris en Aimee 1890.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1890.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1900.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1900.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 347
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1910.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1910.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 341
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1920.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1920.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 0010.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 0010.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 375
;) ;) I think your are maybe right (Marengo)
And the Queen like disciplin and order in her family,and very strict.:)
I have work at Royal Palace Amsterdam in 1992-1995 and
every year they have some exhibition, than is the Palace open for public.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for responding to my question about why the couple chose to go to a restaurant right after their wedding, rather than the palace.

And thanks Ropura for more wonderful pictures.:)

Ropura - you must have been frozen to ice by the end of the luncheon at Fagel's!! Thank you for the photos though. One (more) question: did Aimee and Floris take the helicopter to Het Loo or did they drive in the vintage car? Also, misshelen, the photo of Annette kissing her little daughter is precious!

Emily- They go with the vintage car to Het-Loo Palace.
Its take longer time with this car to the Palace.
The helicopter is for security,circle round above the city of Naarden.
And indeed i am frozen in ice special '' mine fingers '' but i have drinks many times capeccinos coffee at litle cafe-restaurant and getting litle warm.

Last edited:
ropura said:
Emily- They go with the vintage car to Het-Loo Palace.
Its take longer time with this car to the Palace.
The helicopter is for security,circle round above the city of Naarden.
And indeed i am frozen in ice special '' mine fingers '' but i have drinks many times capeccinos coffee at litle cafe-restaurant and getting litle warm.

The results were great and hopefully you got the coffee from the little restaurant..was it cafe Poorters? ;)

Back
Top Bottom