Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Emily said:
Although I think the two VV daughters are dear, the little girl in those glasses is really charming!

I was thinking the same thing Emily. Do you know who she is? Since the other 2 bridesmaids are from the groom's family, I am guessing that she is from the bride's side, but am not sure ...

Squidgy said:
I was thinking the same thing Emily. Do you know who she is? Since the other 2 bridesmaids are from the groom's family, I am guessing that she is from the bride's side, but am not sure ...

That's correct Squidgy her name is Julie Hoppenbrouwers and is the niece/ cousin of Aimée:) ..

misshelen said:
That's correct Squidgy her name is Julie Hoppenbrouwers and is the niece/ cousin of Aimée:) ..

MissHelen, you are not asleep yet - it must be close to 3:00 a.m. in Holland.:eek::eek:

Thank you for the info about the bridesmaid. :) I think she is so cute. She was like a mother hen looking after her chicks. She looked after the other girls well.

Squidgy said:
MissHelen, you are not asleep yet - it must be close to 3:00 a.m. in Holland.:eek::eek:

Thank you for the info about the bridesmaid. :) I think she is so cute. She was like a mother hen looking after her chicks. She looked after the other girls well.

okay Beth, I will listen to you and go to my bed:) it's 4.00 am...later today I will post new pictures.

Thanks much, Florine and Pollyemma for your answers on the Guillermo brothers! 'Lesser known' royals tend to fascinate me more than the 'mainstream' kind. It seems to me that even without that, Juliana jr, Nicolas and Bernardo definitely deserve their own threads?! so we can all get to know them a bit better? I for one would like that! ;)

;) ''HET ARSENAAL''

Where the wedding reception for the guest.

Photo by R.Ismangil.

Attachments

• Princes Floris en Aimee 15500.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 15500.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 175
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1520.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1520.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1560.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1560.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 15700.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 15700.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 15800.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 15800.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1930.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1930.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 19400.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 19400.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1190.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1190.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
misshelen said:

I think that Aimee is her godmother as well...

Zonk1189 said:
Not sure if this question was already asked..but thru the years I have purchased Royal Weddings books for the weddings Charles/Diana, Sarah/Andrew and Sophie/Edward...do they publish these books for the Dutch Royal Family? And if so..does anyone have a link on where one could purchase these books?

There was one book about the crownprincely wedding, but thats it. Years back there were the 'Juliana Regina' books, published once a year. The book gave an overview of th activities of the RF the previous year, but sadly they do not pubish it anymore. Today magazines are more popular, there are 5 dutch-language magazines about royalty alone I think (Vorsten, Royals, Toute Royale, Oranje Boven, Tweed, Royals Dynasty).

now my impression of the wedding, which I saw on television saturdaymorning:

First of all, the old city/fortress of Naarden (a fortress which was build after the Duke of Alva, henchman of Phillips II of Spain, slaughtered all the inhabitants of Naarden by ordering everybody to go into church. When everybody was inside he put the church on fire) is a beautiful setting for a minor dutch royal wedding as this. The narrow streets and the houses and the church make it all seem very dutch and pittoresque. I visited Naarden in June, and I got the same impression then.

The churchservice was the best one I can remember of any (dutch) royal wedding, this is the first vicar (Anne van der Meijden) which kept me consentrated through the entire service. I liked his voice, his jokes and especially his sermon. I wish the Queen would use him more often instead of C. ter Linden, who I find a bit boring, and whoe accent is annoying.

The music was delightfull, the Hallelujah sung by the Czech choir was impressive and I prefer this Ave Maria over the more famous one (Laurentien and Aimee were emotional during this song). The music the birde and groom used to enter the church was, I believe, Handels 'Arrival of the Prince of Denmark', also used by the late princess of Wales and 'exitting' music for Marilene and Maurits. I would have preferred it if the bride was given away by her father though. The only thing I missed (or cannot recall) was a piece by Bach, as the church in Naarden is used annually for THE Mattheus Passion (there is a waiting list and the tickets are sold for monstrous prices) it would have been appropriate.

---

The bride looked unaffected, at first the dress reminded me of a catholic girl going to her first communion but later on I appreciated the dress, it looked very good on her slender figure, especially her waist was accentuated. The only thing she could have changed was the hair over her forehead.

The queen looked better on pictures then I can remember on television, I guess the outfit was ok.

Irene looked strange in (velvet?) trousers, and I did not like her hat either.

Christina just doesn't know how to dress, and never did. My 91-yo great-aunt comented again: 'Why doesn't anybody help the poor girl'.

Margriet and Eleonoor Sohngen were the best dressed ladies again! As mothers of the bride and groom I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

I was a bit shocked when I saw Marilene, the worst thing she ever wore. The coat was way to long and not flattering for her figure (she looked like a broom). The hat made her face look tired and old.

Annette looked great again, though she could have worn a hat. Anita's hat was very nice, as was the neckline of her coat, but in overall the outfit was to heavy for her.

Maxima seemed to take fashionadvice of Anita, I think the outfit was designed by the same designer as Anita's outfit for her civil wedding. The embroidery near the neckline seemed the same. On television Maxima looked great, one of the most 'royal' guests. The turban was funny and for once her hair was in order.

Laurentiens outfit was a bit heavy on the hips, the hat was weird.

Mabel reminded me of the bellboy of the Martini commercial who is listening to the parrot saying 'ouh baby, yeah baby etc'. As I like th commercial I had a good laugh about the outfit. I think the problem was that there were to many excentricities and styles in one outfit. A) a short skirt, B) the wideness of the dress reminded me of the 20-ties C) the pillbox seemed like a bellboy's hat. D) the colour of the fabric was shiny. It would have been better to select one excentricity instead of so many.

Margarita looked nice for a change, her sister Maria-Carolina dressed a bit old for her age, especially the necklace would be something older women would wear. Juliana Guillermo looked great, though a hat wouldn't hurt.

Final remark: I think it was the first wedding that the ENTIRE royal family was present, all the sisters, children and children-in-law, which was very nice.

Attachments

• 13827330.jpg
    13827330.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 355
  • 13827753.jpg
    13827753.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 13642264.jpg
    13642264.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 2,614
Last edited:
Tv caps from mokkels.nl

Attachments

• 105505_Eimee2K5102210.jpg
    105505_Eimee2K5102210.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 105249_Eimee2K5102205.jpg
    105249_Eimee2K5102205.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 351
  • go680655.jpg
    go680655.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 105409_Eimee2K5102208.jpg
    105409_Eimee2K5102208.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 320
You've been busy, misshelen! Thank you for all the great pictures you posted. There were some really interesting and lovely new photos amongst it. :)

Maxie said:
You've been busy, misshelen! Thank you for all the great pictures you posted. There were some really interesting and lovely new photos amongst it. :)

Very nice from you Maxie:)

From www.hellomagazine.com and 1 picture because the other pictures are already posted.

Wedding fever continued to grip the people of the Netherlands over the weekend. Two days after their last remaining royal bachelor, Prince Floris, tied the knot with marketing executive Aimee Sohngen in a civil ceremony, he and his pretty bride once again said "I do" at a lavish religious event.

The fourth son of Princess Margriet and Prince van Vollenhoven made his vows at Grote Kerk, a 15th-century church in the city of Naarden. His cousin, Crown Prince Willem Alexander, was there to witness the event, along with his wife Maxima and all the other leading members of the Dutch royal household.

Aimee, who was seen wiping tears from her eyes during the ceremony, was a picture of elegance in an understated white gown by local designer Lily de Jood. Two bridesmaids were on hand to carry her train and pearl-studded veil as she and her new husband left the church amid loud cheers from well-wishers.

The groom, who was sporting a dark morning jacket over an orange waistcoat and bright red tie, likewise seemed to be relishing the moment. Three cherubic flower girls walked ahead of the pair, sprinkling white rose petals over the red carpet as they exited the building.

Attachments

• princefloris-dop2a.jpg
    princefloris-dop2a.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
Pictures without watermarks from Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven and Princess Margriet source DPA

Attachments

• 010001_4.jff.jpeg
    010001_4.jff.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 432
  • 010501_4.jff.jpeg
    010501_4.jff.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 010201_4.jff.jpeg
    010201_4.jff.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
New and already posted pictures but now without watermarks from DPA

Attachments

• 010101_4.jff.jpeg
    010101_4.jff.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 010401_4.jff.jpeg
    010401_4.jff.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 012601_4.jff.jpeg
    012601_4.jff.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 887
  • 011801_4.jff.jpeg
    011801_4.jff.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 315
Already posted pictures from the family but now without watermarks DPA :)

Attachments

• 046701_4.jff.jpeg
    046701_4.jff.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 051601_4.jff.jpeg
    051601_4.jff.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 046901_4.jff.jpeg
    046901_4.jff.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 048601_4.jff.jpg
    048601_4.jff.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 301
  • 053201_4.jff.jpeg
    053201_4.jff.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 276
Terrific photos -- I actually think Irene looks beautiful. That deep purple is a lovely color and I think the outfit is very modern, elegant and tasteful -- and certainly a warm, practical outfit given the weather.

Picture without watermark from mokkels.nl

Attachments

• a.jpeg
    a.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 2,270
That picture is brilliant misshelen! Thank you for posting it! :)

Picture without watermark Telegraaf

Attachments

• floris3_jpg_1091201g.jpg
    floris3_jpg_1091201g.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 334
Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for all your work, everone. Ropura - what was the boat with all the balloons -- just someone being decorative or was that used by some of the royal family?

Hello Pictures

princefloris-dop1a.jpg

princefloris-dop2a.jpg

princefloris-dop3a.jpg

Dear Emily:) :) :)

The owner of the boat use only for decoration.
In Holland is normal,if the Royal Family visited a Place.
The Dutch people decorate their city in orange (example):

''cars,boats,houses.bridge, bicycles'', ,etc.;) ;)

Last edited:
ropura said:
Dear Emily:) :) :)

The owner of the boat use only for decoration.
In Holland is normal,if the Royal Family visited a Place.
The Dutch people decorate their city in orange (example):

cars,boats,houses.bridge, bicycles, ,etc.;) ;)

That's because it's the family of Orange-Nassau right?:confused:

BTW, thank you so much for all of the great pictures, it must have been difficult out in such bad weather.:D

Yes?'' Because the Family is Van Orange -Nassau from France at 16th century the first was Willem van Orange ,he was murder in ''1584'',by Baltazar Gerards.

In that time Dutch People have ''80 years'' war again Spain.

Last edited:
ropura said:
Yes?'' Because the Family is Van Orange -Nassau from France at 16th century the first was Willem van Orange ,he was murder in ''1584'',by Baltazar Gerards.

Thanks for the info ropura.:)

Re:

Thanks for explaining the Orange thing. I understood it was to do with the Orange-Nassau name but didn't know the exact in and outs. The photographs from this wedding have been amazing - thanks to everyone for posting them! :)

BeatrixFan said:
The photographs from this wedding have been amazing - thanks to everyone for posting them! :)

Ditto! What a wonderful job. Heartfelt thanks to all for the photos and explanations.

Who is the man next to Maria-Carolina? He doesn't really look like one of Cristina's sons, but maybe he is.

Marengo said:
I think that Aimee is her godmother as well...

Thank you Marengo!

Ps. Love your new avatar! She makes me laugh! Quite a change from Paola.:)

Back
Top Bottom