Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Layla1971 said:
You made me laugh more than I ever have at Laurentien's outfits!:D
Your description is completely unique mgrant! Thanks!:D

Please help her!!

My God....that hat.....this poor woman....:confused:

Re:

You don't think she's a little stiff sometimes?

I don't think so at all! I think it's an endearing testing of the water. She seems to relax the longer she spends out in public - she shouldn't worry, because she really has a brilliant image and a very regal manner without coming across as imperious or 'Queen Mary-like'.

The gal's got class!

Lady Marmalade said:
Please help her!!

My God....that hat.....this poor woman....:confused:

I certainly don't mean to insult anyone, but in general Dutch women don't dress this badly, what's happened to their princesses?:confused:

BeatrixFan said:
I don't think so at all! I think it's an endearing testing of the water. She seems to relax the longer she spends out in public - she shouldn't worry, because she really has a brilliant image and a very regal manner without coming across as imperious or 'Queen Mary-like'.

The gal's got class!

Yeah, I see your point BeatrixFan. I said she may have just been nervous with all the attention, and pressure to look good, and act perfectly.

Re;

I agree that dress sense seems rare in our Dutch Royals. Queen Beatrix is the doyenne of style but she can go overboard on the millinery front. Maxima has made some serious mistakes, Margriet is always well turned out but I'm not a fan of the silly feathers in the hair and Aimee has only made on mistake, which was that black 'bowler' style hat with the vast red poppy for the Jubilee Celebrations - apart from that, she seems to have a good dress sense and her orange wedding outfit was perfect.

Layla1971 said:
I certainly don't mean to insult anyone, but in general Dutch women don't dress this badly, what's happened to their princesses?:confused:

No...I meant that as a compliment to you.. :)

I think she does need help with her style...I am sure she is a wonderful lady, but, wow...some interesting choices in outfits...and a few that have not fit correctly on top...I think it was Frederik and Mary's wedding, with her orange gown that did not fit right across the top.

Prince Johan-Friso and Princess Mabel

Source: Seegerpress

And a funny one of Crown Princess Maxima and Princess Mabel checking the bottoms of their shoes -- did they step in some gum?! :p

Links for those who can't see ImageShack images:
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/6679/nl001493609qn.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/1133/nl001493594ph.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/485/nl001493523he.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4060/nl001494144ny.jpg

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4544/nl001494117zk.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/5631/nl001494155rx.jpg

Lady Marmalade said:
No...I meant that as a compliment to you.. :)

I think she does need help with her style...I am sure she is a wonderful lady, but, wow...some interesting choices in outfits...and a few that have not fit correctly on top...I think it was Frederik and Mary's wedding, with her orange gown that did not fit right across the top.

Oh I know you didn't mean anything against me, I just didn't want anyone to think I was concentrating on insulting to Dutch royal women.:)

its very lovely photo and Aimee very beautiful bride

Well, since I was out today, I didn't see anything of the wedding. Thanks to all for the lovely pictures!

Overall, I really liked the outfits. The bride had a simple and lovely dress, I liked it a lot. Less is more, isn't it? ;) The Queen, Maxima and Laurentien were all okay, but what was Mabel thinking? That ridiculous hat! I can't figure her out. If I was her ... boy oh boy. But I'm not Mabel (luckily, I think) so well ... that's all I have to say about it. :)

The parents of the bride & groom: very elegant, all of them.
Marilène, Anita & Annette: I'm not that thrilled about their outfits. I don't know what it is.

So well, now I go and watch some television, maybe they'll broadcast something about the wedding. It's always different to see the outfits on the television screen. I hope... :rolleyes:

The bride was very beautiful and her dress too. The groom was very handsome. Just as the bride and groom always are!
God bless them!

In the near future there will be will be a lot of little bridemaids and, well - how the little boys in the same situation are called - in Netherlands. But on the other side, are there any royal weddings more to come...?

Alexandra said:
In the near future there will be will be a lot of little bridemaids and, well - how the little boys in the same situation are called - in Netherlands. But on the other side, are there any royal weddings more to come...?

I think all of the Queen's sons are married, and the male cousins are too, with this wedding.

Re:

I have no idea what she's saying either but her voice is friendly and sweet. She seems to be relaxed around cameras which is a good thing.

BeatrixFan & Layla: She said something about how they both had been looking forward to this day and that they now were really looking forward to the chruch wedding on saturday. That it was all going so fast. And Aimee told us that she always had wanted to marry in Naarden and luckily Floris agreed to it. :)

Maxie said:
BeatrixFan & Layla: She said something about how they both had been looking forward to this day and that they now were really looking forward to the chruch wedding on saturday. That it was all going so fast. And Aimee told us that she always had wanted to marry in Naarden and luckily Floris agreed to it. :)

Thanks Maxie, and I think Aimée does have a sweet voice, and deals with the press quite well.

von or van Amsberg is just prince Claus's family name. Jonker or Jonkheer is, if I'm correct, someone one step lower on the royal ladder than a baron. I <think>. Literally 'heer' translates as "sir" or "man", the "jonk" part might stem from "jong" meaning young. Warren, others?

as for the bride, her veil seems to be made of real silk, the way it moves (there's video on line for ex. at www.telegraaf.nl, scroll all the way down) is exquisite.

princess olga said:
von or van Amsberg is just prince Claus's family name. Jonker or Jonkheer is, if I'm correct, someone one step lower on the royal ladder than a baron. I <think>. Literally 'heer' translates as "sir" or "man", the "jonk" part might stem from "jong" meaning young. Warren, others?

as for the bride, her veil seems to be made of real silk, the way it moves (there's video on line for ex. at www.telegraaf.nl, scroll all the way down) is exquisite.

That's the best video I've seen of the wedding, and the veil really is very beautiful.

Re:

That video really does give a brilliant view of the dress. It's so well fitted and looks beautiful.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/27284181/_Die_twee_hebben_elkaars_gouden_hart_.html

That's a more direct link to that very nice Telegraaf video I mentioned, which shows amee's veil up n close, among other things.

speaking of which, I am of the opinion the designer did an excellent job, which makes me curious: I'd never heard of this Lily de Joode. Is she a friend of the bride who also designs incredible gowns? An up n coming haute couture maker? Would love to know more about this talented designer.

Thanks everybody for taking a look at my pictures!

But its very cold there and long waiting : more than three hours>>>>:D :D :D :D

Last edited:
:cool: :cool: Thanks for your comment about the picture.

Its was not so easy to make the photo (''many security'')

Last edited:
Ropura - Again, thank you for taking the time to stand in cold, windy weather to shoot the photos. They truly do capture the "realness" of the people involved in a way the more professional shots don't -- they are alot of fun to look at. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom