Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any pics of the Prince and Princess of Jordan with their daughter and son-in-law?

Layla1971 said:
Thanks for telling us BeatrixFan, maybe the fact she is only 'her highness', is because she isn't part of the royal house?:confused:
No, all the van Vollenhoven Princes are styled His Highness, and therefore their wives are styled Her Highness. This has nothing to do with membership of the Royal House, but is the result of a Royal Decree of 1967 which stipulated the style and titles of the children of Princess Margriet.

Warren said:
No, all the van Vollenhoven Princes are styled His Highness, and therefore their wives are styled Her Highness. This has nothing to do with membership of the Royal House, but is the result of a Royal Decree of 1967 which stipulated the style and titles of the children of Princess Margriet.

But, doesn't the fact that Prince Floris isn't a member of the Royal House, have any bearing on his title? And, that of his wife?

Layla1971 said:
But, doesn't the fact that Prince Floris isn't a member of the Royal House, have any bearing on his title? And, that of his wife?
No. He was a Prince of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Highness, before the wedding, and exactly the same after.

The only change was with Prince Johan Friso. Before his marriage to Mabel he was a Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg, Royal Highness. Because he married without the permission of the Government he ceased to be a member of the Royal House and dropped the Prince of the Netherlands title. He remains a Prince of Orange-Nassau, Royal Highness. (HRH because he is the son of the Queen.)

Warren said:
No. He was a Prince of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Highness, before the wedding, and exactly the same after.

The only change was with Prince Johan Friso. Before his marriage to Mabel he was a Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg, Royal Highness. Because he married without the permission of the Government he ceased to be a member of the Royal House and dropped the Prince of the Netherlands title. He remains a Prince of Orange-Nassau, Royal Highness. (HRH because he is the son of the Queen.)

So the title of Prince of Orange-Nassau is for the members of the family, and that of Prince of the Netherlands is for the members of the house (those who have married with permission)?

Photos from DPA:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,172
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 386
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 3,613
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 4,665
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 2,245
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 5,378
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 2,221
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 3,041
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 398
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 492
Although these were already posted, DPA has these bigger versions, so I will post them here and delete the RoyalImages' versions, posted by Squidgy.

From DPA
(without watermark, especially for Danielle :p ):

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 2,542
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,833
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 5,112
dress comments

aimee:simplicity is the key. lovely dress and look...well done girl!
for me she comes third after anita and maxima in the bridal dresses list of the 7 dutch princesses. one note on the flower girls: their dresses were too tight...i preferred much more anita's flower girl dresses!

margriet:truly stunning once more. elegance, freshness and happiness, that's the message she gave me

aimee's mum: i prefer margriet's outfit, but definitely not a bad one. i don't like the checked material however

marilene: funny is the word with those 2 pom poms. i don't like the material, hat and long coat. oh how i loved last thusday's outift. a no-no!!

annette: one of the best dressed! lovely colour, lovely shoes and bag, lovely hair and lovely face! :) and nicely dressed husband this time!

anita: to me she's like maxima, she can wear anything (yes, even her civil wedding suit!!) and she still looks lovely. one of the most elegant! lovely complete look (including husband!)

beatrix: nothing comapred to last thurs, but nice colour. i didn't like the jacket's cut however. i don't like the print as well

maxima: she is maxima, so she can wear ANYTHING...but lovely...especially the pattern under her neck. not sure about the hat however, i love those gigantic hats she wears so i kind of missed it today

laurentien: lovely colour, outfit and HAT! you go girl...she's got a lovely fashion sense, when she doesn't overdo it. positive outfits on both occasions, especailly today! (i still think she's pregnant)

mabel: better than thurs, but:
i don't like the hat
horrible lipstick
why on earth does she wear always dark coloured clothes?? (ps: maxima, pls advice her on the beauty of a colourful world!!) she looks sooo gothic!

irene: oh pls...put on last thursday's outfit again, for god's sake! and that hat made her look SO OLD!

carolina:lovely! especailly the colour!

margarita: i only saw one pic of here which seemed ok, but cannot comment much!

christina: what was that skirt???? not bad on the whole

juliana: contrarily to anita's wedding i didn't like her outfit much this time. that coat wasn't very pretty

Layla1971 said:
So the title of Prince of Orange-Nassau is for the members of the family, and that of Prince of the Netherlands is for the members of the house (those who have married with permission)?
No. The title of Prince or Princess of The Netherlands is restricted to the sons and daughters of the Monarch. (Irene lost hers when she married Prince Carlos Hugo of Bourbon-Parma, and I'm not sure about Princess Christina). Maxima was created a Princess of the Netherlands in her own right, and her two daughters are also Princesses of The Netherlands because they are children of the Crown Prince.

The four sons of Princess Margriet are not Princes of The Netherlands because they are not children of the Monarch.

They are all Princes and Princesses of Orange-Nassau because they are members of the Orange-Nassau family. The Queen's sons and spouses are Royal Highnesses, Margriet's sons and spouses are Highnesses. The Crown Prince's children are Royal Highnesses, but the children of Johan Friso and Constantijn are Counts and Countesses of Orange-Nassau (a deliberate act to limit the number of Princes and Princesses).

A nice wedding. The bride was pretty. The outfits worn by the Royal Women were not to my liking.

I know that the pictures download to the site are wonderful. I've been looking at them all morning :D :D Amiee's gown was beautiful in it simplicity but I found Prince Floris's red tie a distraction:D

It's been probably asked and answered already but it's exhausting to read through all 14 pages of this thread:p so I'll just ask again - what title does Aimee get upon her marriage to Prince Floris? None of the sites I looked at addressed her as Princess (at least not yet:D ).

I agree, Alexandra, I was trying to get a really good look at the tiara Aimee was wearing but it seemed to be all tied up in her bridal veil :D

Photo courtsey of AAP Image

Attachments

• Prince Floris Wedding - Atmiee wipes away a tear as Floris looks on.jpg
    Prince Floris Wedding - Atmiee wipes away a tear as Floris looks on.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,250
Warren said:
No. The title of Prince or Princess of The Netherlands is restricted to the sons and daughters of the Monarch. (Irene lost hers when she married Prince Carlos Hugo of Bourbon-Parma, and I'm not sure about Princess Christina). Maxima was created a Princess of the Netherlands in her own right, and her two daughters are also Princesses of The Netherlands because they are children of the Crown Prince.

The four sons of Princess Margriet are not Princes of The Netherlands because they are not children of the Monarch.

They are all Princes and Princesses of Orange-Nassau because they are members of the Orange-Nassau family. The Queen's sons and spouses are Royal Highnesses, Margriet's sons and spouses are Highnesses. The Crown Prince's children are Royal Highnesses, but the children of Johan Friso and Constantijn are Counts and Countesses of Orange-Nassau (a deliberate act to limit the number of Princes and Princesses).

Thanks Warren, I understand now.:) :)

I just loved the wedding dress, especially the veil and how perfect Aimée had her hair and tiara done together with it. The train was also lovely. The dress was wonderful, a simple and classic ensemble which suited her fantastically and brought forward her wonderful classic but modern features and style.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful pictures, what a great day!

Last edited:
mgrant said:
It's been probably asked and answered already but it's exhausting to read through all 14 pages of this thread:p so I'll just ask again - what title does Aimee get upon her marriage to Prince Floris? None of the sites I looked at addressed her as Princess (at least not yet:D ).

According to the info I've been given she is now:
Her Highness Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau.

Layla1971 said:
According to the info I've been given she is now:
Her Highness Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau.
Thank you! :D

Great pixes ropura! I was relieved to see that Princess Laurentien was not wearing a radar for a hat at the wedding ceremony:D I thought Princess Maxima looked great but I wish she had worn something with more color. She looks great in pinks and tans. I found her outfit to be somewhat sedated but pretty nonetheless.

Anyone found full length photos of the wedding guests? I would like to see the rest of Laurentien's outfit:p

Royal Carriage

z-5419.jpg

z-5415.jpg

Royal Carriage

dsc

Last edited:
Laurentien: Ick

Maxima: Should have worn something that looks different from what she wore just the other day.

Beatrix: Like the cut but not the color.

Margriet: Perfect (again)

Mabel:GROSS. She should be stopped from going in public in those outfits- Laurentien too.:p

Juliana: Very pretty but a boring color

Irene and Cristina: Eh. Nothing too bad or great either.

Anita: Such a pretty lady - she just needs a fashion advisor. I liked her hat though.

Aimee: WAY TOO BORING. It would have been a much better dress if the neckline were different.

Re:

Aimee: WAY TOO BORING. It would have been a much better dress if the neckline were different.

I just love Aimee's dress! Aimee has become my favourite European Princess - she just seems to have such style, natural beauty, natural elegance and a perfect manner.

BeatrixFan said:
I just love Aimee's dress! Aimee has become my favourite European Princess - she just seems to have such style, natural beauty, natural elegance and a perfect manner.

You don't think she's a little stiff sometimes?

Layla1971, you are wonderful!:D Now that I see the whole picture, I find that I should have been content with the smaller photo :D

I'm sorta disappointed with that outfit! Great googamooga, doesn't she have any fashion sense at all???? True her hat is not a radar, but that rather enormous blue flower on the side is still able to receive transmissions from Mars:p What's up with those dark t-strap shoes? If I was her, I would have been in something simply fabuous - pretty enough for me and not too dazzling to outdo the bride:D

I'm gonna hire myself out to Princess Laurentien as her fashion advisor. She needs more help than Princess Anne!:D

Tiara

Anita and Aimee's tiara same? Why?

mgrant said:
Layla1971, you are wonderful!:D Now that I see the whole picture, I find that I should have been content with the smaller photo :D

I'm sorta disappointed with that outfit! Great googamooga, doesn't she have any fashion sense at all???? True her hat is not a radar, but that rather enormous blue flower on the side is still able to receive transmissions from Mars:p What's up with those dark t-strap shoes? If I was her, I would have been in something simply fabuous - pretty enough for me and not too dazzling to outdo the bride:D

I'm gonna hire myself out to Princess Laurentien as her fashion advisor. She needs more help than Princess Anne!:D

You made me laugh more than I ever have at Laurentien's outfits!:D
Your description is completely unique mgrant! Thanks!:D

Layla1971 said:
You don't think she's a little stiff sometimes?

that is just what I thought of her, she is a little stiff.

The tiara is in the possession of Princess Margriet and all of her daughters-in-law wore it on their respective wedding days.

mirrjam said:
that is just what I thought of her, she is a little stiff.

Maybe she just wasn't used to all the press being around, and she wasn't as relaxed as she would be normally.

Back
Top Bottom