Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#1: Dutch Prince Floris van Vollenhoven (R) and Aimee van Sohningen arrive at the curch in Naarden, the Netherlands, Saturday 22 October 2005, were they are getting married. EPA/ROBERT VOS
#2-3 AP

Attachments

• epaphotos445801.jpg
    epaphotos445801.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 329
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,676
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 2,666
Last edited:
I really liked the bride's gown, it's simple, and shows off her face, and figure, rather than some dresses that make sure you only see the dress.
I liked Maxima's outfit, and for once I didn't hate Laurentien's dress, although the hat is cause for some comment.

Thanks for the photos. It was a nice dress, which enhanced her pretty figure, although I must admit I was expecting much more of her, especially after seeing the civil wedding outfit... but well, she's a beautiful woman (and so is her handsome husband ;) ) and the clean cut of the gown emphasized her natural elegance.

Warren said:
It appears everyone is getting a blank screen, and the site seems to be password protected.
If the links aren't linking I will delete them. Has anyone been able to acces the pics?
All you have to do is register at the website, it's free, and very easy to register.If you don't speak Dutch, (I think that's the language!, not sure:confused: ), there is an option to change it to english in the top right corner of the login box.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I go to www.anp-photo.com and register, I can get in but for some reason, I can't see the photos from the links didem is giving. And didem I am not being critical at all -- I so appreciate your trying to help us see this wedding!

Also, can anyone post photos from colorpress? Those are coming out beautifully on my screen but I am not registered with them and can't access all the photos.

from polfoto :

Attachments

• AP433687_guest.jpg
    AP433687_guest.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 338
  • AP433751_guest.jpg
    AP433751_guest.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,468
  • AP433752_guest.jpg
    AP433752_guest.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,525
  • AP433759_guest.jpg
    AP433759_guest.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,944
Anita&P-C

38ku.jpg

Fantastic ensemble by the bride! Really elegant, tasteful and breathtaking! Lovely veil and tiara as well. The only way it could have been better - I have to agree that the dress' neckline could have been different. I think a boatneck style would have been perfect. Looked like a beautiful and elegantly understated affair. Congratulations!

The Royal Family:;) ;)

Photo nr.1 : Prince W.Alexander and Princess Maxima.
Photo nr.2 : Prince Friso and Princess Mabel.
Photo nr.3 : Princess Laurentien.
Photo nr.4 : Princess Juliana.
Photo nr.5 : Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene.
Photo nr.6 : Prince Bernhard and Princess Anette.
Photo nr.7 : Prince Pieter Cristiaan and Princess Anita and behind them ( Princess Irene with her eldest son Prince Carlos of Bourbon Parma)

Photo by R.Ismangil

Attachments

• Princes Floris en Aimee 1320.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1320.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,356
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1330.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1330.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1370.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1370.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 386
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1340.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1340.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 391
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1280.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1280.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 432
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1290.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1290.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 497
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1300.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1300.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Princess Maria-Carolina

Has anyone seen a picture yet of Princess Maria-Carolina of Bourbon-Parma at the church-wedding?

:) I think she looked so stunning at the civil-ceremony last Thursday!!!!

lovely wedding. aimee was a lovely cride, for sure.

did she wear the same tiara as anita?

;) ;) The three little Princess bridesmaid.

Photo by R.Ismangil.;)

Attachments

• Princes Floris en Aimee 1000.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1000.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 517
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1010.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1010.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 592
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 0099.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 0099.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 376
Re:

So, is she now HRH Princess Aimée of the Netherlands? What is her full title?

BeatrixFan said:
So, is she now HRH Princess Aimée of the Netherlands? What is her full title?

I read somewhere (in this thread, I think), that since her new husband gave up his distant rights to the throne that she wouldn't get a title, or that she wouldn't get her own title. Maybe I read it wrong.:confused:

Re:

Can Dutch Princes marry morganatically? I hope we're not faced with another Duchess of Windsor situation.

BeatrixFan said:
Can Dutch Princes marry morganatically? I hope we're not faced with another Duchess of Windsor situation.

Well, the Crown Prince married a woman that I'm pretty sure was a commoner, so if he can do it, so can his brothers/cousins.

Here they come,after three hours waiting in cold weather.

Photo by R.Ismangil.

Attachments

• Princes Floris en Aimee 1060.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1060.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1070.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1070.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 318
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1080.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1080.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 330
Re:

Apparantly, her title is :

Her Highness Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau

Do the bride and groom arrive together in Dutch weddngs? We usualy wouldn't do that here.
And, again great pics ropura, thanks!:) :)

BeatrixFan said:
Apparantly, her title is :

Her Highness Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau

Thanks for telling us BeatrixFan, maybe the fact she is only 'her highness', is because she isn't part of the royal house?:confused:

thought aimee looked beautifull, loved the simplicity of the dress and the tiara, perfect.

Laurentine and Maxima looked pretty (but am not sure about the hat of maxima, a turban in the same material as her coat, a bit oldladyish)

Marilene was wearing a headband with ribbons and pompoms on her head which looked silly, everytime she turned her head they bounced, have never seen it before but mayby it is a classic.

Annette has an inner glow of joy that makes her stand out,
Mabel looked like something out of Dracula due to her lipstick and very white foundation and Anita has again something trimmed with fur at all the seams.

the sermon was about gratitude wich was nice but I did not care for the informal way the minister brought it. The music made up for it, mercifully we did not have a guitar and people in a circle lighting each others candle.

After the church ceremony.

Photo by R.Ismangil.

Attachments

• Princes Floris en Aimee 1150.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1150.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1160.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1160.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 12000.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 12000.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1210.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1210.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 426
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1230.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1230.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 2,437
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1240.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1240.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 2,472
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 1250.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 1250.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 4,553
Last edited:
Thank you everybody for the lovely pictures of Floris and Aimee's wedding! :)

Aimee made a lovely bride indeed. I agree with some of the sentiments expressed over Aimee's simple choice of a wedding dress. From the last couple of family occasions we've seen her at, she seems to be very modern and stylish in her choice of clothing. This dress is as classic as wedding dresses come -- a dress that one can look back on and would not be able to say, "She got married in the 80s/90s."

Someone mentioned that there was a cutaway to the dress -- does anyone have a close up of it? I have only seen the formal portraits which are not close enough to see the cutaway or the detailing at the hem of the dress which I glimpsed in one picture with the attendants holding up her train.

Nice of the van Vollenhoven men (and I presume Aimee's family, too) to don bright red ties to match Floris' tie. The men wore different coloured ties at the civil service so I wasn't expecting this symbol of unity today as happened at Pieter-Chritistiaan's civil and religious ceremony.

Little Anna and Isabella are practically professional attendants now! I loved how Anna was waving away and smiling her toothy grin. Isabella seemed less shy this time around than at Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding two months ago.

carlota said:
did she wear the same tiara as anita?

All of the van Vollenhoven brides wore the Ears of Wheat tiara, mostly with all eight ears.

I think however that the way Aimee wore the veil did the tiara an injustice in that ou couldn't see it as well. I know that it's small (low) tiara, but with the puffiness of the veil all worn so close to the front of her head, it got a bit lost. I think Anita wore it very well so that the prettiness of the tiara could really be seen.

Some fashion notes (you know they were coming, and someone has to start! :p ):

Margriet: Classy as always! Did I expect anything less?!

Aimee's Mom: Also very classy, just like at the civil ceremony.

Marilene: I love Marilene, but what was with her outfit? Particuarly her hat with, was it pom poms hanging off her head?! :confused: It was not a flattering look on her.

Annette: So far, the best dressed woman I think. The detailing on the skirt was fun and went nicely with the simplness of the (velvet?) jacket. The jewellery and the accessories (beaded bag, rounded toe pumps and floral arrangement in her hair) was very simple and very well co-ordinated.

Anita: All the different patterns and prints were a bit much for me -- the print on the skirt with the (fur?) jacket with the triple stitch around the front, collar and cuffs. Plus the dark outfit paired with such a light-coloured hat was too stark for me. She looked much better at the civil ceremony.

Beatrix: A stunner in silver! I loved the bias cut of her jacket, too.

Maxima: The suit was okay, but a bit heavy (I know it's cold) and too staid and matronly for vivacious Maxima. And the hat made me think of Davy Crockett, without the beaver tail. It looked like it was going to fall off her head.

Laurentien: The colour of her jacket was nice, and while I'm not wild about the hat, it went nicely with the jacket. It was a surprisingly quiet outfit for Laurentien.

Mabel: Another gripe about hats! Her little black hat perched precariously on top of her head made me think of Maxima's hat almost falling off. Also made me think of a monkey doll I had when I was a child: It wore a similar hat in burgundy off to one ear and it would hobble back and forth blowing a whistle and tapping a tambourine.

Irene: She looked so good and classic at the civil ceremony but the hat lost me at the religious ceremony.

Margarita: I know she's caused the family much trouble in the past, but she looked very pretty and lady like.

Juliana: Never followed her much before, but she is beautiful!

Last edited:
I especially liked the way the priest brought his sermon, he was funny and obviousy knew the couple well, but a the right moments he was serious.

I really loved the way Aimée looked, such a natural beauty, a delicate face and then that beautifull gown, perfect in it's simplicity. Maybe it would have been even greater if the train had been shorter. But she's marrying a prince of course ;) The veil, her hairdo and way of wearing the diadem were great as well. She was just perfect for me.

Her mother was very pretty too, in pink with 3 strings of pearls. You can see where Aimée gets her good taste and elegance.

I also liked the way Margriet, Annette and Carolina were dressed.

Aimée looked soo beautiful in her great dress!

Back
Top Bottom