Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Layla1971 said:
Yeah, I don't mean any offence, and I must apologize is advance, but waiting to see the outfits of the Dutch women is like waiting to see what your friends will wear to a costume party.:) :)
hihihi is it really that bad? I am dutch and I did'nt know people thougt this way about dutch royals.. Funny! I cant wait to see the outfits of tomorrow.

Emily said:
Ja, Ja, Ja Layla! Those are the pictures I was hoping to get. Thanks!
You're welcome Emily.
Mirrjam said:
hihihi is it really that bad? I am dutch and I did'nt know people thougt this way about dutch royals.. Funny! I cant wait to see the outfits of tomorrow.
I can't wait to see the outfits either! And about my comment, I didn't mean all of the Dutch royal women. Queen Beatrix, and Princess Margriet always look elegant, and beautiful. It's just that the younger women that choose more..interesting outfits. hehe:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Naarden fortifications: the place where they married. From here, the church can also be seen.

Photo by R.Ismangil.;)

Attachments

• Floris 1000.jpg
    Floris 1000.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Floris 1040.jpg
    Floris 1040.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 150
  • Floris 1050.jpg
    Floris 1050.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Floris 1111.jpg
    Floris 1111.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Floris 1122.jpg
    Floris 1122.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
;) I shaked their hands. Personally, I think that they were rather shy in front of the public at the moment.:)

If possible, tomorrow, I am going to try making pictures of the wedding again.

Wish me luck. :):confused:

Last edited:
ropura said:
;) I shaked their hands. Personally, I think that they were rather shy in front of the public at the moment.:)

All the best in very good luck to you ropura!
It would be great to see 'normal' pictures of the wedding, rather than just the media ones.:)

I can't wait until tomorrow. I love weddings! Can't wait to see Aimee's dress!

ropura said:

Good luck Ropura.:) I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful wedding pictures. Thanks for sharing with us.

Layla1971 said:
All the best in very good luck to you ropura!
It would be great to see 'normal' pictures of the wedding, rather than just the media ones.:)

Yes, I agree, ropura. I enjoyed your photos yesterday -- especially the one with Aimee in profile quite up close. I also appreciate the pictures above. I spent some time on line today reading about Naarden and trying to get some information on Bussum. You certainly come from an interesting and beautiful country.

The Dutch Royal Females do wear quite colorful outfits. I think the bride is lovely; she appears to have lost a little weight. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Aimee reminds me of Letizia. I think it's because the bones are very prominent in her face.

iowabelle said:
Aimee reminds me of Letizia. I think it's because the bones are very prominent in her face.

Yes, Aimée also makes me remind of Letizia:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Layla1971 said:
http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/GridNormal.fwx

Emily, I found the pictures you are looking for (I hope!).
courtesy of Bruno Press
I'm sorry, but I tried to put the picture in the post without any luck.
The 2nd, and 3rd pictures on the top row of page 7 give a full-length look.
If you click on the picture it will show an enlarged version.
Hope it helps you.

:) :)

From Layla's link, here are the pictures. Plus a few others including a nice close up of Anita, and Pieter van Vollenhoven's brother and his wife.

Source: Bruno Press

Attachments

• NL-39209g924i.jpg
    NL-39209g924i.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 260
  • NL-39209g924j.jpg
    NL-39209g924j.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 245
  • NL-39209g924k.jpg
    NL-39209g924k.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,026
  • NL-39209g924l.jpg
    NL-39209g924l.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 249
  • NL-39209g924a.jpg
    NL-39209g924a.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,294
  • NL-39209g924n.jpg
    NL-39209g924n.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,076
  • NL-39209g924m.jpg
    NL-39209g924m.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 171
  • NL-39209g924e.jpg
    NL-39209g924e.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 267
  • NL-39209g924g.jpg
    NL-39209g924g.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 235
I was just reading a "blurb" under a picture in Hola and it says that Prince Floris renounced his rights to the throne to marry Aimee (not that it matters since he is number 10 according to them). However, why did he have to renounce his rights?

I read that on the Dutch royal house website too. Its because he didnt seek permission from Parliament to marry. Which means he is no longer a member of the royal house.
I guess the logic behind it is, why go to the trouble of seeking permission when his chances of ascending to the throne are so slim.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/english/content.jsp?objectid=5589

Thanks, Alexandria, I appreciate having them posted here for everyone's future reference. Aimee's mother looks quite stylish in my opinion. I'm still interested in her profession if anyone happens to know.....

I also think Annette has the prettiest/sweetest face. She looks a bit tired to me and one thought that crossed my mind is if she could be pregnant. I believe she is in her mid to late thirties so I imagine it won't be too long if she wishes to have a family. Her clothing choices don't do much for me but I am really in no position to criticize anyone on clothes choices!

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I read that on the Dutch royal house website too. Its because he didnt seek permission from Parliament to marry. Which means he is no longer a member of the royal house.
I guess the logic behind it is, why go to the trouble of seeking permission when his chances of ascending to the throne are so slim.

Thank you, Humera. It definitely makes sense.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
i didnt know that but she would be great become Princess but why the court not allowed both become titles! that unfair!
Sara Boyce

Well Prince Floris has to follow the rules of the royal house just like other dutch royals. And he willingly chose to give up his rights. So I dont think its unfair. He still has his royal title though and its not like he had much of a chance of inheriting the throne in the first place.

Does anyone know whether there will be foreign royals at the church wedding ?

Hannelore said:
Does anyone know whether there will be foreign royals at the church wedding ?
I'm not sure if there will be, at the previous one of Prince Pieter-Christian, Princess Astrid of Belgium was there, im not sure about this time Wedding will any Royals be there.

Here's a pic to look at while waiting for something to happen...
Naarden from the air. Amazing fortifications.
Source unknown

Attachments

• Naarden, NED.jpg
    Naarden, NED.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 890
can anyone tell me what toc lick for the live webstream as i do not speak dutch...tnx

nokklav said:
can anyone tell me what toc lick for the live webstream as i do not speak dutch...tnx

On the left, under "Lees Ook", click the first heading " Prinse Floris et Aimee ..."

Then on that page on the top left, when the time comes, the video should appear under the heading "Mediaheek". Right now they just have the civil wedding.

thank you for the link.
it's so funny that Aimee mistakenly sit first, then have to stand up again. they all laugh though...

is the link for the church wedding the same one?

Last edited:
You're welcome Nokklav.:) I hope it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom