Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdas1201 said:
I think you are talking about Anita. For, Annette wasn't wearing a wallpapery pattern. Anita looked like she had feathers sticking out of her ear.

*Smack on the head* You're right. That is who I was referring to. I just wrote the wrong name. Thanks for correcting me.

I agree with you all in that Mabel's outfit was a BAD fashion statement. She looked so frumpy in it. If someone tried to tell me I looked good in that, I'd ask him/her what planet they just landed from! I was looking at the marriage pictures on royalportraits.nl and there was one of Maxima and it looks to me that the outfit we see is a coat because I can see a dress underneath when it is parted as she's walking. I still think the coat is too heavy for the occasion.

yes they are her parents and siblings

Yes, I agree... Princess Aimée the new Jackie Kennedy! Aimée is bruenett, elegantly, classically Beauty.
Lady Marmalade said:
She does look like our former First Lady with the little pill box hat. Very smart and classic in terms of the choice of outfit.

IMGBRFA7424.jpg

Elegance and sweet Anita

I think Princess Aimée's only face like Jackie Kennedy

Last edited:
Please:rolleyes: Enough of the Jackie Kennedy comparisons. These woman cannot even hold a candle to Jackie.

Give it up, already...you're embarrassing yourselves as usual.:rolleyes:

Everything about the bride was stunning! I'm just dying to see the dress underneath her jacket!

Athena said:
Please:rolleyes: Enough of the Jackie Kennedy comparisons. These woman cannot even hold a candle to Jackie.

I think the outfit did resemble outfits worn by the late First Lady, and making comparisons is not embarrassing, rather it's flattering to the bride.
I, personally, think the First Lady would have been flattered, not insulted, to be remembered for her style all of these years later, especially since style leaves alot to be desired these days.

Layla1971 said:
I think the outfit did resemble outfits worn by the late First Lady, and making comparisons is not embarrassing, rather it's flattering to the bride.
I, personally, think the First Lady would have been flattered, not insulted, to be remembered for her style all of these years later, especially since style leaves alot to be desired these days.

Amen! Couldn't agree with you more, Layla1971! :rolleyes:

Layla,

do not think the bride really resembeled the jackie look even if I did make the comparison,
it lacked the clean simple lines of Halston and Valentino etc.

(thought Anita dressed terribly yesterday btw, like a coat cleaningladies wear only difference is that there were pieces of mink on it and Mabels colour of lipstick looked practicallly predatious)

Layla1971 said:

Maxie said:
I'm not sure I exactly understand what you mean, but this is how it goes: over here it's quite normal to have a civil wedding first and after that a church wedding. And more and more people are having only a civil wedding, I believe. I don't know much married people of my age and a bit older (between 25 and 30) who married for the church after being married in a civil ceremony.

So they're properly married after the civil wedding, and the church wedding is simply a religious occasion that doesn't affect their legal status, is that how it works?

Elspeth said:
So they're properly married after the civil wedding, and the church wedding is simply a religious occasion that doesn't affect their legal status, is that how it works?

Yes, I suppose so. But that's just how I (an unmarried girl ;)) always understood it...

susan alicia said:
Layla,

do not think the bride really resembeled the jackie look even if I did make the comparison,
it lacked the clean simple lines of Halston and Valentino etc.

(thought Anita dressed terribly yesterday btw, like a coat cleaningladies wear only difference is that there were pieces of mink on it and Mabels colour of lipstick looked practicallly predatious)

Yes, I do agree that the lines weren't as good as Velentino, and also Herrera, but the idea was there.
And, obviously, there was a similarity because we are talking about it!:)

Layla, your postings are very diplomatic :)

looking forward to tomorrow's outfits :D

Layla1971 said:
Yes, I do agree that the lines weren't as good as Velentino, and also Herrera, but the idea was there.
And, obviously, there was a similarity because we are talking about it!:)

Isabel said:
I don't know who they are, but the woman in the green and white looks wonderful. The Dutch Princesses should take a hint on how to dress for such an an occasion from her. I love that hat!

It's a complete guess, but could they be Aimée's parents, her brother, and sister?:confused:

Yes, I think Aimee's mother seems to look wonderful! Does anyone have a full length photo of her from yesterday -- I'd like to see the whole outfit but there don't seem to be any good pictures that I have found.

Emily said:
Yes, I think Aimee's mother seems to look wonderful! Does anyone have a full length photo of her from yesterday -- I'd like to see the whole outfit but there don't seem to be any good pictures that I have found.

It isn't full length, and you may have already seen it, but there is this picture.
It gives a more close-up look.
courtesy of Royal Press Europe
ccIMG_0611.jpg

Athena said:

We were talking about her choice of an outfit and hair style being similar to Jackie's is all.

Re:

I agree. She looks very beautiful and it's a very very Jackie Onassis style. The hat could well have been sported by Jackie and the hair seems to be a Jackie-style too.

It's a very refreshing change of wedding outfit. These white lacy creations can become tiresome after a while!

Oh, Layla, thank you for posting that picture! It is one I have already seen and I am just wondering if there is a photo of her from hat to shoes -- I am curious to see the whole ensemble and also to see if there is a subtle green in her suit. I know, I'm being picky -- I am just curious. Seeing her explains why Aimee has such nice dress sense.

BeatrixFan said:
It's a very refreshing change of wedding outfit. These white lacy creations can become tiresome after a while!
Not so fast! There's still the white wedding to come!

http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/GridNormal.fwx

Emily, I found the pictures you are looking for (I hope!).
courtesy of Bruno Press
I'm sorry, but I tried to put the picture in the post without any luck.
The 2nd, and 3rd pictures on the top row of page 7 give a full-length look.
If you click on the picture it will show an enlarged version.
Hope it helps you.

:) :)

Last edited:
Re:

Queen Beatrix looks very elegant! Brilliant choice.

Not to be nasty, but Mabel looks a bit 'gothic' with that blackish lipstick and the dark circles under her eyes, maybe Luana keeps her awake at night?

no offence

Marengo said:
Not to be nasty, but Mabel looks a bit 'gothic' with that blackish lipstick and the dark circles under her eyes, maybe Luana keeps her awake at night?

Yeah, I don't mean any offence, and I must apologize is advance, but waiting to see the outfits of the Dutch women is like waiting to see what your friends will wear to a costume party.:) :)

Ja, Ja, Ja Layla! Those are the pictures I was hoping to get. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom