Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know who designed her outfit?

Emily said:
Does anyone know who designed her outfit?

Somewhere on this topic I found Aimée's outfit is designed by a woman called Lidy de Joode. Can't find anything on her, though...

~*~Humera~*~ said:
What a lovely bride! Her outfit is so utterly feminine. I love the colours she wore, and the cut of the jacket. And as it has been mentioned so many times before the pillbox hat and the hairstyle is so reminiscent of Jackie Kennedy.

I love the colors she wore as well, and I couldn't agree more, she does remind me of Jackie Kennedy. Very classic, and very elegant. (IMO)

The only outfit I really don't care for is Maxima's...I really like Marilenes lavender hat and the velvet tie in the front looks wonderful.

Pictures without watermarks:) Source AFP

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,601
  • zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 316
  • zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,223
Layla1971 said:
Courtesy of Alexandria:

I can't answer all of your questions, but Aimée was born as Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen on 18 October 1977 in Amsterdam, and is the eldest daughter of Mr J.H.M. Söhngen, and Mrs E.L.F.M. Söhngen-Stammeijer. She has a younger brother Hans, and a sister Magali, and was raised in Bussum, and Naarden. In 1996 she received her gymnasium diploma at the Willem de Zwijger College in Bussum. She graduated at the University of Leiden in 2002 in business law. After her study she started working for Fortis Bank as management trainee. In the meantime she is projectmanager at Fortis Bank.

Aimée has a new job since september first 2005. She's working at the marketing communication department from PON carmobile in Amersfoort.

Thank you for the lovely pictures. What a beautiful and charming bride. I thought all of the women's ensembles were great. Maxima looked good except the material looked too heavy for a wedding outfit the rest of the women's outfits were of lighter material it looks like. I loved the hat.

Attachments

• ccIMG_0596.jpg
    ccIMG_0596.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,239
  • ccIMG_0721.jpg
    ccIMG_0721.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 314
  • ccIMG_0711.jpg
    ccIMG_0711.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 310
  • ccIMG_0774.jpg
    ccIMG_0774.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 386
  • ccIMG_0612.jpg
    ccIMG_0612.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 562
  • ccIMG_0623.jpg
    ccIMG_0623.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 326
  • ccIMG_0662.jpg
    ccIMG_0662.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 374
  • ccIMG_0734.jpg
    ccIMG_0734.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 328
  • ccIMG_0568.jpg
    ccIMG_0568.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 402
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Maybe its just me but she also reminds me, very slightly, of Princess Letizia. Perhaps its the hair or something about her features (the eyes?), looking at her from afar and her profile, there's a sort of resemblance there.
It's not just you, I also saw some of the pictures, and I had to look twice. I think it is how she has her hair...

wedding attire

I actually liked maximas outfit I didn't like the brides outfit. The colors looked like they didn't go and the jacket and dress patterns looked odd to me.

Thanks for the pictures! Aimee's mother looks lovely, but her sister should shose another hat, this one makes her look a bit fat (like Maxima's hat does to her face) which, judging from her figure, she is not.

Best dressed woman for me again: Princess Margriet (it seems she just looks better & better), followed by her daughter-in-law Marilene and the queen.

Although I liked Aimee's outfit and hairstyle o the pictures, on television she seemed a combination of Jackie O and Bree Vandecamp (the hairspray), but still she looks lovely.

Laurentien looked well for a change, I hope she keeps up the good work (she looked well a few days ago in Brussels as well).

Does anybody know if Prince Alexander of Isenburg was there as well? Is there already a guestlist of the religiouswedding in which he is included? Princess Marie-Caroline (Irene's daughter) was, according to RTL-Boulevard, glowing and the prince might be the reason of it (she lost some weight as well, hasn't she?)

BTW where were Margarita, the Duke of Parma, Christina, Bernardo, Nicholas and Juliana jr? I hope they will all attend the religious wedding.

Marengo said:
Best dressed woman for me again: Princess Margriet (it seems she just looks better & better), followed by her daughter-in-law Marilene and the queen.

I agree Marengo. She looked great. Somebody commented in this thread that the dress was too young for her. It is a very daring outfit for someone her age to wear, but it's not like it's cheesy or anything - it's very elegant & sophisticated. I think if you have the figure & the confidence to wear an outfit like that, then go for it, regardless of your age. More power to you! I will be happy to look as good as her when I am 50, let alone when I am approaching 63.;)

And a special thanks to Ropura for sharing his wonderful pictures!:):)

Who is Princes Alexander of Isenburg?

Zonk1189 said:
Who is Princes Alexander of Isenburg?

Hereditairy Prince Alexander von Isenburg-Birstein (1969-) is a german prince from a mediatised family. His sister Catherina is married to Archduke Martin of Austria-Este (brother of Lorenz of Austria/Belgium), his sister Isabelle is married to Furst Carl of Wied and his sister Sophie is said to be dating Prince Georg-Friedrich of Prussia, head of the former imperial house of Germany.

I have to say that there are just rumours placed in a gossipmagazine, but if it is true it is a pleasant surprise.

Nice pictures from Hendrik Jan van Beek

Attachments

• DSC_0440Floris%20en%20Aimee.jpg
    DSC_0440Floris%20en%20Aimee.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC_0157%20Aimee.jpg
    DSC_0157%20Aimee.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 492
  • DSC_0424Aimee.jpg
    DSC_0424Aimee.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 264
Are there any pictures of the complete outfit of Aimee's mother/family?

Is it me or does Aimee look a little too old for Prince FLoris in the wedding pictures? Don't get me wrong, she is a beautiful bride and bears a striling resemblance to the late Jackie Kennedy but she looks older that Floris. He is such a youthful looking man.

I really think that they had a beautiful civil ceremony. It ssems to me and correct me if I am wrong but every time I look at this family I have to smile. They seem so happy and well adjusted. They all seem to enjoy each other's presence. All the daughters' in law seem to have attributes of Princess Margriet. The women all seem to have some very nice personality traits in common. I think that all of her son's picked extremely well adjusted, attractive, fun women.

I can't wait to see the wedding on Saturday. Is this a common thing in the Netherlands to have a civil ceremony and not have a blessing? What do the majority of the couples do?

Do you think that Princess Margriets' family gets more attention than the Queens' other sisters because she is a member of the royal house and they are not?

Thanks to all who posted pictures! I appreciate them.

Linda 85

I would agree that Margriet's sons have married well! I also think you see more of her family than Christina and/or Irene's because the history of the marriages and where they choose to raise their children (i.e. not Holland). From what I can see...and I am only learning more about this family since I joined the forum...the public appears more interested in these two branches of the family because they saw these children grow thru the years). Its like when JFK Jr died in the states...people thought they knew him because in a sense we saw him grow up. Hope that makes sense.

linda85 said:
I can't wait to see the wedding on Saturday. Is this a common thing in the Netherlands to have a civil ceremony and not have a blessing? What do the majority of the couples do?

I'm not sure I exactly understand what you mean, but this is how it goes: over here it's quite normal to have a civil wedding first and after that a church wedding. And more and more people are having only a civil wedding, I believe. I don't know much married people of my age and a bit older (between 25 and 30) who married for the church after being married in a civil ceremony.

came across these pics on Colourpress.
Some of them have been posted before via different agencies so Im posting them through imageshack

Wonderful pictures Humera. I'm glad some members of this forum still have access to Colourpress - they have the best photos!:)

Yes...the bride does look beautiful! I was talking to my sister and she was thought one of the pics of Aimee was Jackie O!

What was with Mabel's outfit? It was so busy and so very matronly. Like something Beatrix would wear.

Today was one of Laurentien's better outfits. It's only a little bit loud but she's paired it nicely with the plum jacket (but why was she not wearing it and only had it around her shoulders when she left the church) and accessories.

Maxima's outfit was not inappropriate but it wasn't very fashionable in the standards we are used to with Maxima. Plus the material seemed a bit heavy for the occasion.

Annette, Marilene and Anita all looked beautiful and very classy.

Irene and her daughter Marie Carolina were great too. Marie Carolina's jacket was terrific with the detailing and embroidery or beading.

Where was Christina and the Guillermo family? Christina and her daughter were at Pieter Christiaan and Anita's wedding.

I loved the videos, but did everyone who watched see how she pulled away a little the first kiss and then pulled away when he tried it again....her facial features were a little standoffish looking.....

But they do make a lovely couple and cannot wait to see them at the church ceremony. I hope her dress is better than Mabel's.

Some of the Dutch princesses fashion statements have a lot to be desired for...no offense to anyone..

susan alicia said:
think the colourcomibination of pink and orange is pretty.
The materials are :eek: . Wonder who designed it, Sheila de Vries? That would account for the common looking materials.
The design itself looks a bit like Jacky Kennedy, pill box hat and Aimee has the same brown hair like Jacky.

Maxima looked beautifull a while ago in with the green hat. Today she is dressed like a little old lady, grey can be glamorous but not this grey .

I thought she was channelling Jackie O. as well. Its a nice outfit (love the colors) but very Jackie.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the day...

First the bride - I loved Aimee's outfit. While it wasn't something I'd pick for myself, it was quite nice and looked good on her. The hat is another story. I've never been a fan of the Jackie Kennedy-esque pill box hats. I think they look a bit silly.

Princess Margriet looked so exhuberant and every bit the happy mother. I wasn't a fan of the scarf that she tied around her neck.

The Queen looked especially lovely today. Her dress was just wonderful. I loved pink sash. I'm not a fan of hats in general, but I really liked her pink hat with the black rim around it. She just looked great.

I was happy to see Maria Carolina there today. We don't get to see enough of Princess Irene's children. She looked great as well. I really liked the pattern and embroidery on her outfit. Irene looked lovely as well in her purple outfit.

I thought that Marliene and Annette looked fabulous today, as always. (Well, with the exception of Marliene's flying saucer hat!) Annette consistantly picks lovely outfits and today was no exception.

Laurentien looked very lovely today. I've said it before, but she is definitely a hit or miss kind of girl. Either she looks fabulous, or her outfit is atrocious. I thought her dress was a little on the loud side, but the jacked did tone it down. It maybe wasn't the most appropriate outfit for the occasion, but it was nice all the same.

I wasn't a fan of Maxima's outfit. I think that Genevieve summed it up the best. That material did seem very heavy and was not in line with what we've come to expect from her.

I think Mabel had the worst outfit today. She looked a bit like a dalmation.

I'm starting to think that Annette has the same stylist as Mabel and Laurentien. Her outfit was just awful as well. The pattern looks like something you'd see on kitchen wallpaper and it was made worse by the fir trim. Even worse was the "hat". It blended in with the color of her hair and she looks like she has feathers sticking out of her ear.

I can't wait for Saturday now. :)

Gabriella said:
I think Mabel had the worst outfit today. She looked a bit like a dalmation.

I'm starting to think that Annette has the same stylist as Mabel and Laurentien. Her outfit was just awful as well. The pattern looks like something you'd see on kitchen wallpaper and it was made worse by the fir trim. Even worse was the "hat". It blended in with the color of her hair and she looks like she has feathers sticking out of her ear.

I agree. Don't these women have stylists? Or a girlfriend to tell them that the outfit doesn't look good on them? I think Mabel's outfit will give me nightmares tonight. She also kinda of went heavy or dark on her makeup (just my opinion & a quick glance...don't want to get too scared tonight ;) :D ). I think the makeup doesn't help the outfit, but less can be better sometimes.

Gabriella said:

I think you are talking about Anita. For, Annette wasn't wearing a wallpapery pattern. Anita looked like she had feathers sticking out of her ear.

Back
Top Bottom