Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aimee-I LOVE her outfit. I think she looked absolutely stunning and gorgeous. Really reminded me of Jackie O.
Queen Beatrix-I'm not a huge fan of black at a wedding but the pink hat looks pretty.
Maxima-I like the outfit, but think it would have looked better with a lower neckline.
Magriet-I like the scarf around the neck and the color looks lovely.
Mariliene-Beautiful. The lavender color is gorgeous.
Annette-Like I said earlier, I'm not a fan of black at a wedding, but the outfit that Annette wore is lovely.
Irene-Very nice. Pretty color.
Laurentien-A very different outfit, but she looked good.
It's hard to say what I think of Mabel's outfit since there is only 1 picture.
Overall, lots of beautiful outfits today!

My opinion on the ladies' outfits:
Marilene's outfit is my favorite - flattering, beautifully cut, lovely color and material, pretty velvet tie. Though I sould have gone with a darker color hat, darker than the velvet tie.

HM's is a lovely color combination.

The Bride: beautiful girl, not my favorite outfit on her (I thought she looked better in the plain black, nicely cut coat yesterday). I thought it had too much going on: bright color; lace dress cut high at the throat; orange jacket with strong pattern which seemed to fight with the orange lace dress, and the jacket's wide neckline was filled in with too much lace; the hat was big, orange and set far back on her head, the hat with the overly coiffed hair reminded me of a 1960's stewardess.

I think Margriet's outfit is a little young for her and fussy - the feathery hat, scarf, off the shoulder neck line.

Maxima - I'm very disappoointed, she's usually my favorite - blah color for both hat and suit, tweed is too heavy (unlike Marilene's).

Mabel - boring, unflattering, too busy

Laurentien - not bad - bold, colorful (but not clashing) pattern, toned down with the jacket and hat

The young lady with Irene (I'm forgetting the name) - love her coat! The one thing I would buy for myself from all the outfits and accessories I've seen today

(Man, I love a wedding - so much to comment on!)

attachment.php

What's the significance of the board?

How lovely:)
Princess Aimee looks great. She is one of the best dressed bride on the civil-wedding which I've ever saw.:) :)
Everyone look happy and glitter. But I don't know what to think about Mabel's dress:confused:

Yes, the best looking civil-wedding-vanVollenhoven-bride ...stylish ...very Jackie.-O. (PILLBOX) ... very slim ... but when I saw the video I have to say that all the other brides were more natural ... her behavior was very "artifical" ... the kiss was not very lovely ... maybe she was nervous and we will se more love and natural behavior on Saturday ...

:) The guests at the wedding ceremony at the City Hall.

Photo 1 and 2 : Princess Irene with her second son Prince Jaime
Photo 3 : Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene
Photo 4 and 5 : Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette behind them Prince Carlos van Bourbon Parma the first son of
Princess Irene .
Photo 6 : Prince Pieter Cristiaan and Princess Anita.
Photo 7 : The parents of Aimée van Sonhgen.

Photo by R.Ismangil.;)

Attachments

• Floris 00151.jpg
    Floris 00151.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Floris 00151.jpg
    Floris 00151.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 293
  • Floris 0017.jpg
    Floris 0017.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Floris 0018.jpg
    Floris 0018.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 389
  • Floris 0019.jpg
    Floris 0019.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 0560.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 0560.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 365
  • Princes Floris en Aimee 0030.jpg
    Princes Floris en Aimee 0030.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
where is pieter-christian & anita? is it just me or they didn't come?
thanks...

Squidgy said:
.. a few more from Seeger-press ..

She does look like our former First Lady with the little pill box hat. Very smart and classic in terms of the choice of outfit.

purple_platinum said:
where is pieter-christian & anita? is it just me or they didn't come?
thanks...

Here they are..source Seegerpress

Attachments

• zas.jpg
    zas.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 495
Margriet looks fantastic, she looks so young and vibrant, Marilene also looks very elegant and beautiful, while Annette is beautiful her outit and boots (again) are to heavy for a wedding. Maxima looks frumpy IMO, and where is her hairdresser theese days, it looks so much better to have the hair in a bun under the hat.

UK Press

Attachments

• Prince_Floris_Wedding_4-UKP.jpg
    Prince_Floris_Wedding_4-UKP.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Prince_Floris_Wedding_9-UKP.jpg
    Prince_Floris_Wedding_9-UKP.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 460
  • Prince_Floris_Wedding_8-UKP.jpg
    Prince_Floris_Wedding_8-UKP.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 358
  • Prince_Floris_Wedding_6-UKP.jpg
    Prince_Floris_Wedding_6-UKP.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 703
  • Prince_Floris_Wedding_5-UKP.jpg
    Prince_Floris_Wedding_5-UKP.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 340
  • Prince_Floris_Wedding_3-UKP.jpg
    Prince_Floris_Wedding_3-UKP.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 395
  • Prince_Floris_Wedding_2-UKP.jpg
    Prince_Floris_Wedding_2-UKP.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 334
  • Prince_Floris_Wedding_1-UKP.jpg
    Prince_Floris_Wedding_1-UKP.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Maxima's dress/coat is a good length, and would be a good cut if the neckline was different. And, of course, the color was different.
It's been mentioned in a previous post that if Maxima wears something colorful to a wedding (like she did with Pieter-Christiaan and Anita, I hope I have spelt his name correctly!) she gets critisized for that, and when she wears something more conservative she gets critisized! Poor woman! She must get a stylist, or a better one.:)

Oh my gosh - For the first time in a loooooooong time, I don't hate Laurentien's outfit! *ghasps*

I didn't think Maxima's outfit was too bad either. It just fell flat in terms of color, and I wish someone would tell her to fix her hair. Maxima's hair is a source of frustration in many of her appearances because it always looks so messy and unkept.

Beatrix looked good and I think the black was very pretily off-set by the pink sash and hat.

Mabel looked awful. Maybe she's taking hints from Laurentien's old wardrobe??

Aimee looked like she was trying to be the next Jackie O (the hat does it every time), but the color was pretty and it fit her well.

The men always look nice, which is unfair because it's very hard for them to make any fashion mistakes due to the fact that they have such limited options. :)

Thank you again for posting the link to the video! We wouldn't have received any coverage of this in the U.S. so it is great to see it on the internet. I'm starting to recognize more Dutch words thanks to this board!

More pictures from DPA and ANP without watermarks

Attachments

• 076101_4.jff.jpeg
    076101_4.jff.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 337
  • 077201_4.jff.jpeg
    077201_4.jff.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 427
  • 082001_4.jff.jpeg
    082001_4.jff.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 375
  • 084501_5.jff.jpeg
    084501_5.jff.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 487
  • 3118752.jpg
    3118752.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 087701_4.jff.jpeg
    087701_4.jff.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 399
Layla1971 said:
I don't know what to say about that dress either!!:confused:

Everybody can think what want. There are tastes and tastes:)

Taste - one of the reasons of the quarrels.

magnik said:
Everybody can think what want. There are tastes and tastes:)

Taste - one of the reasons of the quarrels.

I agree, I've said that Laurentien has eccentric taste, but she is entitled to wear what she likes.
I think that a person's personality, and heart are more important than their style.:)

Princess Margriet looked very pretty too. The pictures don't do her justice, but the videos sure do.

Layla1971 said:
I think that a person's personality, and heart are more important than their style.:)

You are right,:) but many people forget about that:mad:

Greetings:)

You know...after my last post (regarding the criticism of Maxima's outfit)....I tried really hard not to say anything negative about Mabel's outfit. But not too successful as you can see. What is she wearing??!!!

I TOTALLY agree with the post that said everyone has different taste and I agree that you should respect her fashion vision/sense. I think what is disturbing about Mabel (and sometimes Laurentien as I like a majority of her outfits) at least for me...is that she is an attractive woman with a great figure and half the stuff she wears (at least in my opinion) does not flatter her at all! Now the dress that she wore to the previous wedding (I can't remember whose) but the dress used to belong to Queen Beatrix was great! Mabel has a classic face and figure and I believe that simpler classic cuts would be extremely fantastic on her.

Just my opinion.

Marilene and Annette remain the true beauties of the Dutch RF :):)

Maria Carolina looks so pretty with her long hair, she's become slimmer and more stylish as well...a woman to watch I think.

Máxima was a no this time, grey is not her color, the length wasn't right (not flattering for her knees and legs), and a turtle neck doesn't really go together with loose hair.

Margriet looked awesome. Pieter's a very lucky man :)

Laurentien was in a good day, just lovely.

And the bride ... well, the opposite of my taste: hair that's sticky from the spray, a combination of styles that don't go together and a color I hate (although the Dutch probably don't mind haha). Overall, old fashioned and unflattering.

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
I think what is disturbing about Mabel (and sometimes Laurentien as I like a majority of her outfits) at least for me...is that she is an attractive woman with a great figure and half the stuff she wears (at least in my opinion) does not flatter her at all! Now the dress that she wore to the previous wedding (I can't remember whose) but the dress used to belong to Queen Beatrix was great! Mabel has a classic face and figure and I believe that simpler classic cuts would be extremely fantastic on her.

Just my opinion.

I think the more classic cuts, and styles would look good on Mabel, and Laurentien.
(And, BTW, Mabel wore Queen Beatrix's engagement dress to Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding.):)

You know, when I see Princess Margiet's sons all together it just struck me, that even though she and her husband, as nice as they may be, are average looking and all her sons are good looking men. The queens sons, on the other hand are another story... (in terms of looks, not charachter )

auntie said:
You know, when I see Princess Margiet's sons all together it just struck me, that even though she and her husband, as nice as they may be, are average looking and all her sons are good looking men. The queens sons, on the other hand are another story... (in terms of looks, not charachter )

That may be so, but I think they seem like nice men, and of good character, so looks are secondary to me in this case.:)

well, this is my opinion on the ladies.....

the bride: love her hair...though a bit too oversprayed. original colour combination (i still think it is too much of bright colours for a civil 1st time wedding, i would opt for classic white...but that seems to be the trend in holland...). i like the hat. just 1 bad remark, i think she is a bit too thin!

beatrix: true class. black and pink with a magnificent cut made her look as the queen she is!

maxima: it's hard for me to critize her, but i don't think her outfit is bad. nice colour, i love her loose hair. maybe it was a too thick material, but even marilene was wearing tweed ok....and the turtle neck...i think it does go well with loose hair it's just that her face is a bit full so a turtle neck accentuates that. but then she's got her smile....and THAT SMILE makes up for ANY fashion sin!!

laurentien: she looked like a queen considering what she wore at anita's civil wedding....so 'normal', yet so nice. nice colour, it suits her. i think she's pregnant though...

mabel:too bad print...too loose jacket without a cut...she looked 5 montrhs pregnant with that thing on...too bad, she's a lovely lady. (ps: friso, how on earth you let her get out of home with THAT thing on?!)

margariet: sexy mummy...shall i say something else?? and very elegant too!

marilene: in my opinion the most elegant of the younger ladies. that violet hair was lovely...i couldn't find anything to critisize!! just a bravo! :)

annette: not a bad outfit...not d best but i can let it pass...i just don't like those black tights, they make her look as if she were wearing boots, which make the whole look a bit unflattering. no comment on bernard junior!!...too bad!

anita:i have a soft spot for that lady (actually for the couple)...i think it's her face don't know. for me she looked wonderful...much better then on HER civil wedding. too bad i got only 1 pic with the upper half...but i guess taht's the only everybody saw as well. i'm not sure about the print though....

irene:extreemly elegant lady, as always, nothing more to say

carolina:hmmm....not very familliar with the lady's style....not a bad coat, maybe too much patterns, but nice overall look....and extreeme resemblance with her mum

Can anyone tell me about Aimee's family... what does Aimee do for a living? how old is she, her sister and brother and what do her parents do? Someone wrote, I think on the GREMB, that her mother could have performed the wedding ceremony -- is she a lawyer? What about her father? How long have she and Floris been dating? I also read that Anita was PC's "long time partner" -- how long had they been together before their wedding?

nokklav said:
i still think it is too much of bright colours for a civil 1st time wedding, i would opt for classic white...

Normally we don't do white dresses at a civil wedding here in Holland if there will also be a church wedding after that. At least in my family. :) I know a great deal of couples who only had a civil wedding and then most of them were dressed in white.

I forgot -- two other questions -- what hand do people in the Netherlands wear their wedding and engagement rings on? And also, why will the two families gather at Naarden City Hall on Saturday before they go to the church for the religious ceremony? Thanks to all who can help me with these questions!

Emily said:
Can anyone tell me about Aimee's family... what does Aimee do for a living? how old is she, her sister and brother and what do her parents do? Someone wrote, I think on the GREMB, that her mother could have performed the wedding ceremony -- is she a lawyer? What about her father? How long have she and Floris been dating? I also read that Anita was PC's "long time partner" -- how long had they been together before their wedding?

Courtesy of Alexandria:

I can't answer all of your questions, but Aimée was born as Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen on 18 October 1977 in Amsterdam, and is the eldest daughter of Mr J.H.M. Söhngen, and Mrs E.L.F.M. Söhngen-Stammeijer. She has a younger brother Hans, and a sister Magali, and was raised in Bussum, and Naarden. In 1996 she received her gymnasium diploma at the Willem de Zwijger College in Bussum. She graduated at the University of Leiden in 2002 in business law. After her study she started working for Fortis Bank as management trainee. In the meantime she is projectmanager at Fortis Bank.

just 1 bad remark, i think she is a bit too thin!

I'm glad you noticed that too. at a certain point the thinness goes from beautiful to scary.

Aimee is definitely still on the beatiful end. but I hope she doesn't loose anymore weight. (-> 'heroin chic' in the dutch royal family:D )

What a lovely bride! Her outfit is so utterly feminine. I love the colours she wore, and the cut of the jacket. And as it has been mentioned so many times before the pillbox hat and the hairstyle is so reminiscent of Jackie Kennedy.
Maybe its just me but she also reminds me, very slightly, of Princess Letizia. Perhaps its the hair or something about her features (the eyes?), looking at her from afar and her profile, there's a sort of resemblance there.

Back
Top Bottom