Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau and Aimée Söhngen: October 20 and 22, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
A special thread reserved for the marriage of Prince Floris and Aimée Söhngen of the Netherlands, which will take place October 20 & 22 in Naarden.

This thread will be open at that time.

Last edited:
Information translated from the official website:

Civil Wedding – Thursday 20 October 2005, Naarden City Hall

Ceremony conducted by the Mayor, Mr J.P. Rehnwinkel

11:00 AM - Arrival of the family and other guests
11:25 – Arrival of the bridal couple
11:30 – Civil wedding ceremony in the Burgerzaal (Citizen’s Chamber)
12:00 – End of the ceremony
12:35 – Departure of the bridal couple, family and guests to the Muiderslot (castle) for a private dinner

Religious Wedding – Saturday 22 October in the Grote Kerk in Naarden

Ceremony conducted by Dr. Anne van der Meiden

10:50 – Arrival of the family and guests to the City Hall of Narden
11:10 – Dutch officials arrive at the Grote Kerk
11:15 – The family arrives at the Grote Kerk
11:25 – Arrival of the bridal couple to the Grote Kerk
11:30 – Religious wedding ceremony
12:45 – End of the ceremony. Departure of the bridal couple and family.

DISCLAIMER. This information about the wedding was translated by me from a text on the official website of the Dutch Royal House. I'm not Dutch and don't speak the language, but Swedish is a bit similar so I've tried my best. I hope it's all correct.

first picture of the couple (through Sander on the Benelux Royals MB from reformatorisch dagblad)

z-5357.jpg

Thanks for being the first to post a photo of the happy couple, Marengo. Aimée looks fabulous! The hat is really lovely, and the colour of her whole outfit is great. Not a lot of people can pull off orange’s. It looks like it’s pink underneath as well. Very nice. Can’t wait to see more.

Images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00149119.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149119.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,187
  • pre-SEEGER00149120.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149120.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 595
  • pre-SEEGER00149121.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149121.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,002
  • pre-SEEGER00149117.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149117.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,419
  • pre-SEEGER00149116.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149116.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 995
  • pre-SEEGER00149118.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149118.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,156
I just saw it on television! So lovely, Aimée's outfit! I really love it. :)

The bride looks lovely (as always), the queen looks elegant as well, but....what was Maxima thinking? The outfit is ugly and the thin hair from under the hat, eugh! She can do much better then this.

Last edited:
No, I'm not liking CP Maxima's outfit either. from what I can see, the jacket looks like it is a little suffocating. Her smile makes up for it though. Queen Beatrix looks really lovely as well! I just can't get over how pretty Aimée looks. I wish my hair would look like that when I wanted it too. :p

Marengo said:
The bride looks lovely (as always), the queen looks elegant as well, but....what was Maxima thinking???? The outfit is ugly and the tin hair from under the hat, eugh! She can do much better then this.

Well, I totally agree with you! What an ugly jacket. It makes her look old. Love the hat though. And the Queen looks very elegant, that's for sure. Just curious: did anyone catch a glimpse of Laurentien? :p

think the colourcomibination of pink and orange is pretty.
The materials are :eek: . Wonder who designed it, Sheila de Vries? That would account for the common looking materials.
The design itself looks a bit like Jacky Kennedy, pill box hat and Aimee has the same brown hair like Jacky.

Maxima looked beautifull a while ago in with the green hat. Today she is dressed like a little old lady, grey can be glamorous but not this grey .

BTW, I do think the bride looked great, the colors combined well IMO.
Queen Beatrix looked very good, and Princess Maxima could have made a better choice, the coat looks like it's almost choking her!:eek:

More images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00149122.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149122.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 942
  • pre-SEEGER00149123.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149123.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • pre-SEEGER00149125.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149125.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,336
  • pre-SEEGER00149127.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149127.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,205
  • pre-SEEGER00149129.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149129.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,044
  • pre-SEEGER00149128.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149128.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,007
  • pre-SEEGER00149126.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149126.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 991
  • pre-SEEGER00149124.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149124.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 984
Last edited:
Does anyone know who some of these people are? I know some of them, but not all.:)

Pictures from ANP

Attachments

• 3118360.jpg
    3118360.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 3118359.jpg
    3118359.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,523
After seeing the close-up pics, I think Aimée is very pretty, they seem to make a great couple. Good luck to them both!

The lady in purple is Princess Irene, sister of Queen Beatrix and her son James. The lady in green is Princess Margriet also Queen Beatrix's sister. The lady in black is Princess Annette, one of Princess Margriet's daughter-in-law.
I absolutely love Aimee's outfit, it does suits her really well and lovely, the colour the hat and the style, everything so wonderful!
It's really good to see Princess Irene attends this time's Wedding.She is wearing her outfit that she wore to Queen Beatrix's Silver Jubilee.She does looks fresh and lovely.
I like Queen Beatrix's hat this time, its beautiful and she does looks great and elegant too.
I have no idea with Maxima's outfit this time,it seems looks a bit boring.

Last edited:
Aimée looks wonderful, her outfit is a real hit for me! The colour combo is quite original, but it suits her very well. I'm very impressed by the choice of outfit by this lovely bride! I wish I'd have her hair too, it looks so great and stylish. On my bad hair days, my thoughts will most definitely wonder off to the better fortunate people in this area, although I imagine that surely Aimée must have a bad hair day too every once in a while.

What Máxima is wearing is really not my cup of tea, it looks so terribly boring and straining, the "pattern" is terrible and the colours aren't very nice either... Like someone said, she dressed as an older lady would. But on her it almost looks like a straitjacket... :D

Princess Margriet (featured in the October newsletter, btw) looks wonderful too, she looks very stylish and dignified.

Poor Maxima! She just can't win. She wears something colorful and she is accused of trying to upstage the bride. Something not colorful and she is criticized as well. What should she have worn? Sorry..just my opinion.

Aimee is a beautiful bride. Can't wait to see what she wears at the religious ceremony. The Queen looks elegant as always.

The one in purple is Princess Irene, younger sister of Queen Beatrix
The one in green is Princess Margriet, mother of the groom and younger sister of Beatrix and Irene
The one in Black is Princess Annete, Wife of Prince Bernhard, son of Margriet and brother of the groom
The one with the pink hat is Princess Marilene, Wife of Prince Maurits, oldest brother of the groom

By the way, Maxima's outfit is really terrible for this event. It may be that she thinks it is cold so she choose this outfit:s

Think Annette is wearing very dark green, trimmed with black ribbon and

Marilene is wearing lavender/lilac and I like what she is wearing best of all.

DDD said:
The one in purple is Princess Irene, younger sister of Queen Beatrix
The one in green is Princess Margriet, mother of the groom and younger sister of Beatrix and Irene
The one in Black is Princess Annete, Wife of Prince Bernhard, son of Margriet and brother of the groom
The one with the pink hat is Princess Marilene, Wife of Prince Maurits, oldest brother of the groom

By the way, Maxima's outfit is really terrible for this event. It may be that she thinks it is cold so she choose this outfit:s

More photos from ANP Photo, so sweet kiss::)
Congrats to the couple, with all happinesses for them.

Attachments

• 3118365.jpg
    3118365.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,788
  • 3118428.jpg
    3118428.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,096
  • 3118440.jpg
    3118440.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,851
wonderfull

Aimée looks stunning ... absolutely stylish … a great re-designed (re-freshed) Jackie-O.-style: the famous PILLBOX … Maxima wore a similar hut for the queen-day two years ago ... the outfit suits perfectly to her!! After all of her outfits in the recent time this one today is the top of all! Her outfit underlines her beauty … she is the best looking civil-wedding-van-Vollenhoven-bride!!! I am looking forward seeing her gown for the church wedding!!

Can some please translate this information from http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=10561:

Kleding bruid

De bruid gaat bij het burgerlijk huwelijk gekleed in een abrikooskleurig jurkje met jasje, ontworpen en uitgevoerd door Lidy de Joode. De korte jurk, gemaakt van kant over gebloemde voile en effen satin duchesse, valt net tot op de knie. Het jasje is van een glanzende boomschorscrêpe in een warme mandarijnkleur en heeft een afstaande sjaalkraag. De schoenen zijn bekleed met de stof van het jasje.

Bruidsboeket

Burgerlijk huwelijk: het bruidsboeket is aangepast aan de kleuren van de kleding van de bruid. Het boeket is niet gestoken in een houder maar gebonden en met blad omwikkeld. Herfstkleuren. Oranje en zalmkleurige bloemen zoals roosjes en lichte hypericum en fijn, kleinbladig blad.

Het stadhuis is van binnen versierd met honderden witte kalanchoë-plantjes die als een slinger zowel beneden als boven door het gebouw hangen.

Tentoonstelling

De trouwjurk van Prinses Aimée zal vanaf 6 november te zien zijn in de tentoonstelling Bruiden van Het Loo, Prinses Margriet en de vier schoondochters, op Paleis Het Loo in Apeldoorn waarin de bruidsjurken van H.K.H. Prinses Margriet en haar schoondochters centraal staan. Daarnaast wordt de feestelijke kleding getoond, zoals gedragen bij de voltrekking van de burgerlijke huwelijken.

also from ANP

ps. i think maxima look great...

Attachments

• 3118454.jpg
    3118454.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,794
  • 3118457.jpg
    3118457.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 425
They are such a lovely couple!
Sorry to say this, but the colors matching of the bride is not my taste...orange and pink does'nt fit well IMO.
Anyway, the cut and silhouette are really gorgeous!
Congrats to them!

Prince Floris is very elegant and Aimée looks beautiful, as always!
I'm curious to see the wedding gown ;)

love the outfit. she has such a refined lady like style.

that bouquet is also to die for.

I think her hair and makeup is a bit stiff. makes here look older than she is.
oh well. nothing can dilute her natural beauty.

maybe maxima got burned by all the criticism of her huge hat at Anita and Pc's wedding and decided to keep her outfit very low key this time.

a little too low key imho....

Zonk1189 said:
Poor Maxima! She just can't win. She wears something colorful and she is accused of trying to upstage the bride. Something not colorful and she is criticized as well. What should she have worn? Sorry..just my opinion.

I agree ... knowing that she will be the focus of much attention today, I think she is just trying to stay in the background as much as possible. I think she looks fine.

I can't wait to see more detailed pictures but from what I've seen so far, Aimee looks beautiful - her outfit is a nice homage to the family she is marrying into.

And I love Margriet's outfit - the scarf draped around her neck is a departure from her usual style and she looks as elegant as usual.

It's nice to see Irene at this wedding. Was Christina there as well?

pre-SEEGER00149145.jpg

LAurentien is looking great this time.. i really like her hat.. but i also like Maxima's it's a really nice design

.. a few more from Seeger-press ..

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00149131.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149131.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,772
  • pre-SEEGER00149132.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149132.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 450
  • pre-SEEGER00149133.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149133.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,350
  • pre-SEEGER00149134.jpg