Prince Constantijn of The Netherlands and Laurentien Brinkhorst: May 17 & 19, 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for these new pictures, Elsa!
Laurentien definitely is my favourite Dutch bride (closely followed by Maxima of course... :D)

Laurentine, perfect princess
I hope future Queen for Netherlands
She is fit for Queen and Monarchy

Just one more, by Polfoto:

According to Princess Laurentien's Wiki entry, the civil marriage took place in The Hague on 17 May 2001 and the chuch wedding was held at Grote of St Jacobskerk, The Hague, on 19 May 2001. This explains the two dates in the thread title.

Last edited:
:previous:

That's how most of the recent Dutch weddings have been, the civil wedding on one day and the religious ceremony a few days later. The only ones whose weddings were combined on one day were Willem-Alexander and Máxima, and I think Friso and Mabel

:previous:

That's how most of the recent Dutch weddings have been, the civil wedding on one day and the religious ceremony a few days later. The only ones whose weddings were combined on one day were Willem-Alexander and Máxima, and I think Friso and Mabel

Yes Friso and Mabel had their civil Wedding also on the same day then the religious.

This was also how it was done for the Wedding of Beatrix, Margriet and Christina.

Didn't Queen Juliana attend this events????

Can anybody explain please????

Didn't Queen Juliana attend this events????

Can anybody explain please????

The last time Queen Juliana was seen in public was at the religious Wedding of prince Maurits in 1998. Early 1999 a letter of her was published in which she annonced that she would never be seen in public again due to her health.

The last time Queen Juliana was seen in public was at the religious Wedding of prince Maurits in 1998. Early 1999 a letter of her was published in which she annonced that she would never be seen in public again due to her health.

Oh, I didn't know that, Thank you very much, what a shame.

Personally, I think Laurentien's wedding gown is not special in any way, it's nothing out of the ordinary...Maxima's dress was similar, but far more elegant I guess...Does anybody have the same impression?

Thanks for posting the civil ceremony video, I had not seen it before. L had a nice coay/dress, but I did not like the hat!

Personally, I think Laurentien's wedding gown is not special in any way, it's nothing out of the ordinary...Maxima's dress was similar, but far more elegant I guess...Does anybody have the same impression?

Wow this was your first post.:champagne:
I like the draping in the front of L's gown and the length of the train. But I don't care for the bell sleeves and the coat detail...would've looked better as one gown with a long train.

The length of Maxima's train, the beutiful veil and the fabric was gorgeous, but I didn't like the cut or the fit.

and Patra I agree about Laurentien's odd hat. Queen Paola has the exact same one almost in the same color.

thank you for the video of the cicil wedding
it has been soon 10 years ago

May 19: 10th wedding anniversary of Constantijn Prince of the Netherlands and Laurentien Brinkhorst

This gown has grown on me very much.I love that it is original.I know it's not groundbreaking but I love how it's unique.

Laurentien is usually referred to as Laurentien.
When she recited her wedding vows, did she use Petra Laurentien or Laurentien?

Last edited:
In the Dutch wedding ceremony the bride and the groom do not recite the names:

The Reverend Minister Carel ter Linden:
Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin do you declare before God and His community that you have taken as your wedded wife Petra Laurentien [...]

Prince Constantijn:
Yes.

The Reverend Minister Carel ter Linden:
Petra Laurentien do you declare before God and His community that you have taken as your wedded husband Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin [...]

Laurentien:
Yes.

:flowers:

Last edited:
The Civil Wedding of Prince Constantijn and Laurentien Brinkhorst (17-05-2001):

Back
Top Bottom