The Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer: 29 July 1981

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people either love or hate this dress. It was so romantic for the times!! :flowers:

Andrew was in the same position William is in now. He was a notch down on the grand scale compared to Charles'. Which is how it should have been.

Right; William's wedding should be more elaborate than Edward's but not quite as grand as Charles' - Andrew's fits the bill!

Also, it's easier to compare because it was in the Abbey, unlike the others.

Thanks for the article and video gfg02. The last few sentences of the article is how I will feel about Diana, Princess of Wales on the big wedding day.

does anyone have or know where i can find photos of other royal families from the wedding

Wow! Wonderful article. Worth reading it!

It's comparing parallels to the development of the different times. It's unnerving to me to witness a facade of that releasing of spirit in mind where things are carefree and commonly revelrous. I miss the past very much myself and am surprised with our World and it's technological makeup. Truly the globe is different and I can only pay reverence to our ancestors and their workings in homage to a sounder tomorrow. Our history is important abroad the many countries and I think they hold the key to an enriching empower. I hold faith that through our communion there will always be an answer. And that makes us all part of a refinement. Good luck to the wedding couple then and now.

This might be a weird question and not really related to the wedding but I noticed from the menu that they had supreme de volaille Princesse de Galles which was chicken breast stuffed with lamb mousse. Just wondering I'd never even heard of lamb mousse let alone what it looks like so I was wondering is it common to have lamb mousse in Britain or is it something the royals have cause I've never seen it on a menu here. I tried looking it up but almost nothing came up.

Its not just the wedding dress fashions that were very different in the 1980s, so too were food fashions.

Thank you, everyone who keeps posting such interesting information every day. I am getting very excited about the wedding and hope we will be able to see it live here! I think that will be very late evening here, not sure, but cannot wait to see all the details come together.

Am very interested to know (finally) what is served at the reception and what those mini-pizzas are all about.

Its not just the wedding dress fashions that were very different in the 1980s, so too were food fashions.
too true!

Ooh last night's Dateline special was kinda cool it took a look at Charles and Diana's wedding it was fun wasn't too rehashed. I actually got chills watching it. I'll see if I can find it. If not I might upload it if I can find time.

ETA: Found some videos here! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/#42159370

Also on April 24th TLC will air a special documentary looking back on Charles and Diana's wedding with special guest flower girl India Hicks

Last edited:
too true!

Ooh last night's Dateline special was kinda cool it took a look at Charles and Diana's wedding it was fun wasn't too rehashed. I actually got chills watching it. I'll see if I can find it. If not I might upload it if I can find time.

ETA: Found some videos here! Dateline NBC: News stories about crime, celebrity and health

Also on April 24th TLC will air a special documentary looking back on Charles and Diana's wedding with special guest flower girl India Hicks

I really hope and pray you have time to upload the video. i really wanted to watch this and go back down memory lane. i have noticed what happens on the day of the wedding is heaven. 30 years later...is the REAL story. :) i was up at 4:00 am to watch the wedding.

i just cant believe i missed the dateline on sunday. i saw it, thought to my self i will flip channels in a sec and got busy and forgot. i am still kicking myself.

Thanks for posting this! I actually prefer it to the one she wore too. I like the elaborate skirt more and the simpler sleeves and believe it would have stood the test of time fashion-wise more that the other.

I agree, I like the fact the sleeves look less like cupcakes. Diana's dress was beautiful for the time, but it definitely does show it's age.

Why would they make a spare that was different? Makes no sense to me. That "spare" could have been made any time in the last 30 years. It could have been made last week.

Why would they make a spare that was different? Makes no sense to me. That "spare" could have been made any time in the last 30 years. It could have been made last week.

I think the article mentioned that in case the design of the "real" dress was leaked out, they had something slightly different as a standby. But I do agree it's abit odd that after 30 years this spare dress has surfaced. I always thought that the "spare" was an exact replica that ended up at Madam Tussauds - so now we seem to have the original dress (at Althorp I assume) and two spares knocking about!

I think the article mentioned that in case the design of the "real" dress was leaked out, they had something slightly different as a standby. But I do agree it's abit odd that after 30 years this spare dress has surfaced. I always thought that the "spare" was an exact replica that ended up at Madam Tussauds - so now we seem to have the original dress (at Althorp I assume) and two spares knocking about!

It is possible the 'spare' is actually a fake of sorts. Perhaps the designer made two designs, but only the cream puff we know and its duplicate at Madam Trussaud's was made. The design may have been laying around and someone decided to make it. It doesn't look like it is made out of the most expensive fabric. Someone trying to get some of the 15 minutes of fame, by using the Diana memory before the wedding.

Back
Top Bottom