Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist: June 13, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not Rhinna's song Umbrella he's singing, is it?

I think it's Umbrella by Rihanna.

Leonore is making her way along the front row!

The Swedish version of Umbrella is a thousand times better than the original!

Well this is something I thought I would never see, gospel. Interesting but very different from a royal wedding.

What a way to leave! Love it!

I have to say some of this music is a bit odd...Coldplay and now Rihanna.

It's so sweet to see Victoria and Daniel taking care of Leonore.

Last edited:
omg, the music choice, fix it and umbrella, gospel at the end.

They are leaving the church to the same song my husband and I left the church. :) :) :)

And know we're getting down to Joyful Joyful?!? That's just weird!

a very soft and not so long cerimony...they are leaving now, a very very happy ending

Last edited:
Beautiful ceremony and beautiful bride. Her dress is elegant and simple and I love her tiara! You can feel the love and emotion between the bride and groom. It just feels so personal compared to British royal weddings. I have to say I love the way Swedish royal weddings are conducted and that they allow the bride and groom to personalize the ceremony to fit them as a couple while keeping the
tradition

I totally agree. This is a perfect balance of personal and ceremonial, in my opinion. And Sofia looks absolutely beautiful. They radiate love and happiness.

I love how they are all dressed in ball gowns and jewels and the RF all play pass the baby around to keep her happy, just like any other family. And the emotions.

I love all royal weddings but IMO the Swedish do it the best.

Oh Lord, I guess it was true CP and Sofia had chosen the music for the entire wedding without consulting the Royal Court! Not very regal, but an American audience will enjoy it, I suppose

Not me...not a fan of either ....

The music was different and the gospel at the end showed their joy .

Well this is something I thought I would never see, gospel. Interesting but very different from a royal wedding.

Gospel music is common here in weddings here in Charleston but I'm a little taken aback they used it at a royal wedding and I'm loving it. They even sang a bit of Janet Jackson's "What Have You Done For Me Lately"! If they had one of our gospel choirs they would be dancing in the aisles!! Congratulations to the newlyweds! Well done!:)

What a beautiful wedding. The Swedish Royal Family really knows how to do it best.

God Bless Their Royal Highnesses Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duke and Duchess of Värmland.

Currently having some very weird images of Queen Elizabeth II walking down the aisle to that music :eek:

Well, not quite sure what to say but all that matters is that the bride and groom looked to be having a beautiful day :flowers:

Seen this on the live stream. Sorry I am a traditionalist, I would have liked different recessional music, but it is their choice and could reflect that they are a modern couple.

Well, I don't think we will ever see (or rather hear!) another royal wedding like it!

Back
Top Bottom