Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta Rosboch, 5 July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess is, that Elisabetta will be handled in the same way as Claire, but their children might be just Arch Dukes of Austria. Time will show.

I think you mean Archduke/Archduchess of Austria-Este

I like how three of Amedeo's relatives are included in the bridal party. I wonder if they're the only children in the bridal party, or if more bridesmaids and page boys will be announced tomorrow.

What is Elisabetta's middle name?

Lili's middle name is Maria. :flowers:

that's not what I meant, and you know it. Amedeo is the grandson of the former King and nephew to the King. Laurent is the son of the former King and brother to the King. Closer to the throne. Claire & Mathilde are the first tier, whereas Amedeo is, at best, second tier.

Archduke Amedeo is actually closer to the throne and 'more important' than his uncle Prince Laurent. His uncle Prince Philippe (the present King) took so long time to get married, that Amedeo already more or less was seen as a future King until Philippe surprised anyone with his engagement to Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz.

Line of succession:

HRH Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, the Duchess of Brabant
HRH Prince Gabriel of Belgium
HRH Prince Emmanuel of Belgium
HRH Princess Eléonore of Belgium
HI&RH Archduchess Astrid of Austria-Este née Princess of Belgium
HI&RH Archduke Amedeo of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HI&RH Archduchess Maria Laura of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HI&RH Archduke Joachim of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HI&RH Archduchess Luisa Maria of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HI&RH Archduchess Letitia Maria of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HRH Prince Laurent of Belgium
HRH Princess Louise of Belgium
HRH Prince Nicolas of Belgium
HRH Prince Aymeric of Belgium

:flowers:

Last edited:
Archduke Lorenz is the only working member of the RF and uses several titles as Prince of Belgium, Archduke of Habsbourg Austria and the Duc de Bar used by the Habsbourg for a more anonym way.
His son Amadeo is born Archduke of Habsbourg Este and not Prince of Belgium. He was then King Baudouin's nephew.
He is a working royal, left New York and will work in Belgium. It is more easy for him not to be Prince of Belgium.
He is not the King's Grandson anymore but again the King's Nephew.

I like how three of Amedeo's relatives are included in the bridal party. I wonder if they're the only children in the bridal party, or if more bridesmaids and page boys will be announced tomorrow.

Lili's middle name is Maria. :flowers:

in the rehearsals pictures you can see other children (Princess Elisabeth and Princess Louise didn't attend). I imagine they're are from bride side

Archduke Lorenz is the only working member of the RF and uses several titles as Prince of Belgium, Archduke of Habsbourg Austria and the Duc de Bar used by the Habsbourg for a more anonym way.
His son Amadeo is born Archduke of Habsbourg Este and not Prince of Belgium. He was then King Baudouin's nephew.
He is a working royal, left New York and will work in Belgium. It is more easy for him not to be Prince of Belgium.
He is not the King's Grandson anymore but again the King's Nephew.

In 1991 the children of Archduke Lorenz were granted the title Prince (Princess) of Belgium. In 1995 also Archduke Lorenz himself was granted the title Prince of Belgium.

The Royal Decree of 1991 states that all descendants of King Albert II have the title Prince (Princess) of Belgium. Unless another Decree is issued, this arrangement applies as well on the children of Amedeo and Elisabetta. The bride can be addressed by her husband's titles (as all other Belgian ladies can be addressed by their husband's titles as well) and their children will be a Prince (Princess) of Belgium unless King Philippe issues a new Royal Decree.

Noblesse et Royauté

other pictures from yesterday afternoon.
You can see one of the pageboys. He's the Archduke Lorenz, the son of the Archduke and Archduchess Carl Peter of Austria

in the rehearsals pictures you can see other children (Princess Elisabeth and Princess Louise didn't attend). I imagine they're are from bride side
Some of the children were Habsburgs meaning that paternal relatives of Amedeo will also be in the bridal party.

What time is the Wedding Mass at today?

Some of the children were Habsburgs meaning that paternal relatives of Amedeo will also be in the bridal party.

Lili should be an only child and looking at her parents I don't think she has cousin (at least first cousins) young enough to be flower girls/page boys.

What time is the Wedding Mass at today?

5.30 PM. this means the Belgian NT will play at the same time (I imagine prince Gabriel is going to be quite upset :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
5.30 PM. this means the Belgian NT will play at the same time (I imagine prince Gabriel is going to be quite upset :lol: )

Oh oh, I envisage a couple of smart phones being sneeked of the pocket during the church service. Imagine a cheer going through the church during prayers.:ROFLMAO: At least they are not playing against Italy.

I think that Italian time is the same as on the TRF, unless the forum adapts its time to every time zone? It's a pity we won't get live pictures. We will have to wait till the first pictures appear online.

Oh oh, I envisage a couple of smart phones being sneeked of the pocket during the church service. Imagine a cheer going through the church during prayers.:ROFLMAO: At least they are not playing against Italy.

I think that Italian time is the same as on the TRF, unless the forum adapts its time to every time zone? It's a pity we won't get live pictures. We will have to wait till the first pictures appear online.

Imagine if the Halleluja is sung and Belgium (hopefully) scores. ihihihih!!!!

All times here are on GMt +2 (Rome time) so the wedding it's in less than 4 hours

Last edited:
Archduke Amedeo is actually closer to the throne and 'more important' than his uncle Prince Laurent. His uncle Prince Philippe (the present King) took so long time to get married, that Amedeo already more or less was seen as a future King until Philippe surprised anyone with his engagement to Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz.

Line of succession:

HRH Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, the Duchess of Brabant
HRH Prince Gabriel of Belgium
HRH Prince Emmanuel of Belgium
HRH Princess Eléonore of Belgium
HI&RH Archduchess Astrid of Austria-Este née Princess of Belgium
HI&RH Archduke Amedeo of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HI&RH Archduchess Maria Laura of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HI&RH Archduke Joachim of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium
HI&RH Archduchess Luisa Maria of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HI&RH Archduchess Letitia Maria of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium
HRH Prince Laurent of Belgium
HRH Princess Louise of Belgium
HRH Prince Nicolas of Belgium
HRH Prince Aymeric of Belgium

Amedeo may be closer to the throne in terms of succession, but he is certainly not more important than Laurent. Amedeo does not carry out official duties for the Crown, whereas Laurent does. It is laughable to suggest that a grandson of the King is somehow more important than a son of the King.

Succession may place Amedeo closer to the throne, but that is it.

All Things Royal @allthingsroyal · 3h
Rumours that Princess Beatrice of York will be in Rome today to attend wedding of Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Lili.

Lili should be an only child and looking at her parents I don't think she has cousin (at least first cousins) young enough to be flower girls/page boys.

Her father's sister Marella Agnelli's great-grandchildren are the right age - John Elkann/Lavinia Borromeo's sons Leone (06) Oceano (07), Ginevra Elkann/Giovanni dei Gaetani dell’Aquila d’Aragona di Piedmonte's son Giacomo (09) and Maria Pahlen's daughter Anastasia Maevskiy (06). But they may not be that close.

I wonder which members of the Royal House of Savoy will attend.

All Things Royal @allthingsroyal · 3h
Rumours that Princess Beatrice of York will be in Rome today to attend wedding of Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Lili.

@Mo_Holland Princess Beatrice of York will attend at the wedding of prince Amedeo of Belgium and Lili Rosboch later this afternoon in Rome, Italy.

Princess Maria Laura and Prince Joachim: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrydqlhIAAE3NAb.jpg
John Elkann and his wife Lavinia Borromeo: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BryelJ9IcAAxYb2.jpg
Princess Beatrice of York: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BryhWtEIAAAQk5o.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BryheB-CUAAOsnT.jpg

Her father's sister Marella Agnelli's great-grandchildren are the right age - John Elkann/Lavinia Borromeo's sons Leone (06) Oceano (07), Ginevra Elkann/Giovanni dei Gaetani dell’Aquila d’Aragona di Piedmonte's son Giacomo (09) and Maria Pahlen's daughter Anastasia Maevskiy (06). But they may not be that close.

exactly what I was thinking. And I'm even sure what the relationship between the two (Ettore and Marella) are since he's a not a legitimate son of Marella's father, Prince Carlo Caracciolo

A lot of members of the Imperial House of Austria may attend.

Amedeo may be closer to the throne in terms of succession, but he is certainly not more important than Laurent. Amedeo does not carry out official duties for the Crown, whereas Laurent does. It is laughable to suggest that a grandson of the King is somehow more important than a son of the King.

Succession may place Amedeo closer to the throne, but that is it.

Prince Laurent was completely sidelined by his own father, sent away from the Court. When his eldest brother became King, Prince Laurent was asked to represent his brother once. That was it. Then the Prince got a burn out and he is still recovering from this.

In 2011, 2012 and 2013 Prince Laurent was almost "under custody". In the years before the number of independent activities (not the National Day, not The Deum, not weddings) was less than five in a whole year. For this Prince Laurent receives 213.000 Euro per year from the Belgian taxpayer.

The twitter account says that the guests walk over a straw carpet (sustainable and environment friendly?).

I wonder which members of the Royal House of Savoy will attend.

For sure the groom's paternal grandmother, the Archduchess Robert of Austria-Este née Princess Margarita di Savoia-Aosta. Probably also the groom's aunt the Princess Casimiro di Borbone-Due Sicilie née Princess Maria Christina di Savoia-Aosta. Both ladies are daughters of Amadeo II, Duke of Aosta and of Anne d'Orléans, Princess of France.

exactly what I was thinking. And I'm even sure what the relationship between the two (Ettore and Marella) are since he's a not a legitimate son of Marella's father, Prince Carlo Caracciolo

The Mysterious Heirs of Italian Prince Carlo Caracciolo | Vanity Fair

She inherited money in her uncle's will and in discussing the family fight over her uncle's estate she is also brought up:

’My grandfather bought Garavicchio in 1960 and left it to my father and my uncle, so everybody in the family was always welcome,” says Marellina Caracciolo Chia. “And even though it technically wasn’t [Aunt] Marella’s, my cousins Edoardo and Margherita came. And Ettore came—his daughter, Lili, had her baptism there. We all had a room there, and if you weren’t there, someone else would use your room. Even Carlo would allow his room to be used. It was pleasant, open, communal. And I must say, Jacaranda changed things very much. Because when she arrived with Fabio, suddenly it was, like, private rooms, private property. Edoardo was made to feel unwelcome. Margherita was made to feel unwelcome. I grew up in that house. I had a right to be in the house just as much as Jacaranda did.”

Last edited:
She looks lovely! Is that Queen Paola's art deco tiara she is wearing?

edit: Yes, it's Queen Paola's tiara!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom