Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta Rosboch, 5 July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bride looks lovely. I agree with the other posters about the bridal attendant's outfits -- just bad. That dark green color is just too much -- especially for a July wedding. And, those shoes! Why on earth? They look like Pilgrims.

I'm also perplexed about the attire of various attendants. What was Queen Paola wearing? She looks so matronly ... the outfit was just awful. Some of the men are in morning suits and others in business suits.

I did like what Queen Mathilde was wearing -- the color suits her. However, haven't we seen that particular dress as a gown once upon a time -- or perhaps a similar design as a gown? It looks familiar.

I haven't seen any pictures of the Luxembourg clan other than Marie-Astrid and her children.

Prince Amedeo and his wife looked nice. Elisabetta's ensemble was ethereal and raffiné as expected.

Queen Mathilde's dress had an amazing colour. I am not sure about the style of the dress. A turban-style hat was extremely awkward.

Queen Paola looked age appropriate. I liked Princess Claire's and Princess Astrid's ensembles.

Archduchess Marie-Christine's ensemble was so so yet again. Archduchess Kathleen looked atrocious.

I am surprised to see Princess Beatrice attending the wedding.

Last edited:
Prince Amedeo and Elisabetta make a really lovely couple.On another note what & who told Queen Paola to wear that awful outfit?

The bride looks lovely. I agree with the other posters about the bridal attendant's outfits -- just bad. That dark green color is just too much -- especially for a July wedding. And, those shoes! Why on earth? They look like Pilgrims.

I'm also perplexed about the attire of various attendants. What was Queen Paola wearing? She looks so matronly ... the outfit was just awful. Some of the men are in morning suits and others in business suits.

I did like what Queen Mathilde was wearing -- the color suits her. However, haven't we seen that particular dress as a gown once upon a time -- or perhaps a similar design as a gown? It looks familiar.

I haven't seen any pictures of the Luxembourg clan other than Marie-Astrid and her children.

lol @ Paola looking matronly. She is 76!

I know Maxima has worn a white dress similar to Mathilde's and a beige outfit that is similar. I haven't seen a gown that looks like yet, but goodness knows my collection of Maxima & Mathilde pictures is sorely lacking.

Attendants outfits are really awful - I particularly feel sorry for the oldest boy. He will want to bury those pictures fort he rest of his life!

Yes and they reminded me of altar servers from my Catholic days of yore.

As the relationship between the actual Royals and the former Royals is not that , I believe Queen Paola will never wear tiaras again (John of Arc hair) and gave her tiara to Princess Astrid who have no tiara of her own.

that seems silly. Astrid will only be "phased out" of the family as Philippe's children get older, particularly when Elisabeth is old enough to attend formal events. I think it's more likely that Paola will either give it to Mathilde or wait and give it to Elisabeth, particularly as she will be Queen Regent one day. Astrid may not own one of her own, but the Savoy-Aosta tiara is essentially hers. She is the one who wears it frequently.

The bride looked lovely and, more importantly, so happy - as if she was really having a wonderful day.

I have no idea what the dress code was but random sums it up and I like that! Be happy and wear what you like. My kind of wedding!

Lots of posters taking this ever so seriously. IT's a wedding - just enjoy it.

I know Maxima has worn a white dress similar to Mathilde's and a beige outfit that is similar. I haven't seen a gown that looks like yet, but goodness knows my collection of Maxima & Mathilde pictures is sorely lacking.

That doesn't mean you have to look old and dumpy. The hat was horrible, looked like something died up there. The suit was frumpy and made her looked fat. I will be 73 is 2 weeks, I wouldn't be caught in that outfit. My Mom will be 100 in January, would never wear something that bleak and unbecoming.

I realize that Paola is 76, but that doesn't mean you have to forgo any fashion sense. Her outfit is just so ordinary and frumpy.

I love the wedding gown so stunning love it :) it seems very familiär the eedding

I realize that Paola is 76, but that doesn't mean you have to forgo any fashion sense. Her outfit is just so ordinary and frumpy.

and perhaps its your priority but not hers. For most people, fashion is not a priority.

Here's two Belgians who DIDN'T watch the game... Prince Amedeo of Belgium weds Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein in elegant Italian ceremony | Mail Online
Prince Amedeo of Belgium married Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein in an elegant Italian ceremony - as the rest of his country watched in despair as Argentina kicked their team out of the FIFA World Cup.

The 28-year-old royal, who is sixth-in-line to the throne, is the eldest grandchild of the abdicated King Albert II and Queen Paola of Belgium. He is the nephew of King Philippe, who ascended the throne last year following the abdication of King Albert II.

Prince Amedeo married Elisabetta, the only child of Italian aristocrats, at The Basilica of Our Lady in Trastevere, Rome.

That doesn't mean you have to look old and dumpy. The hat was horrible, looked like something died up there. The suit was frumpy and made her looked fat. I will be 73 is 2 weeks, I wouldn't be caught in that outfit. My Mom will be 100 in January, would never wear something that bleak and unbecoming.

and there you find the point: everyone has their own sense of fashion. Although it may not be what you would wear, clearly Paola liked it enough to wear it.

As for looking old and dumpy, I would have to disagree. I am not a fan of the hat, but I thought she looked lovely. I thought her suit hit the right notes and was a gorgeous color.

Astrid, however, is wearing quite an ill fitting outfit that makes her look quite frumpy.

and perhaps its your priority but not hers. For most people, fashion is not a priority.

Really. She is a "Queen". It is not like people won't notice her. She always dressed beautifully. The photographers weren't a surprise. And royalty always tries to look great and fashion is mostly what they do.
Every royal house dumps tons of money into fashion.

First off...Many Congratulations to The Bride and Groom!! They look so happy, especially Lilli. :)

Okay then...Time to dive into the Fashion Post Mortem...

I really loved what Mathilde chose for Princess Leonore to wear. Lovely clean lines, w/out any overdone "little girl dress" ruffles fussiness that she's outgrown (hope that makes sense. Think little Estelle for the right age range I'm thinking of for that style) and that beautiful and lovely light lilac just looked beautiful on her. Also loved her pink flats, both for a bit of complimentary contrast w/the lilac and also a wee bit of a pop of something to add to the dress. I just really thought she looked so pretty and perfect today.

If it wasn't for that blasted turban...bandage...thing she had on her head, Mathide would have had a hit it out of the park Home Run. What a shame too, as that dress really is gorgeous!! Forgive me for not remembering who said it, but...This dress also looked really familiar to me, but not from anything Queen Maxima or any other Royal Lady has worn lately though. Nope. IMO, you've got to go back 100, or close to it, years ago and Imperial Russia. That top half bears more than a passing resemblance to the Court Dress worn in those pictures of the Grand Duchesses and Tsarina Alexandra I think and it really suits Mathilde. Made in one of her very best colours and it's fantastic.

If only for that thing on her head. :(

Loved Clare and Beatrice's dresses and the colour of both dresses. Thought both Princesses looked lovely.

I just do not get Queen Paola's outfit at all!! It looks more in tune w/a Funeral than a Wedding and, combine it w/just how frumpy the overall look is and whatever that thing plopped on her head is, and...!?! I never thought I'd ever call Queen Paola frumpy looking, but sadly it's how she looks. She's always looked so well put together in the past, so this is just plain puzzling and not in a good way either.

Now...IMO the Bride elevated that dress due to just how happy and radiant she looked today. Having said that...I don't know what it is w/the Royal Wedding Gowns Valentino has done lately, but there's always just one thing that to me brings the actual look of the Dress down a bit. W/Madeleine's it was that dust ruffle on the skirt/train. W/Lilli's it's the sleeves/upper part of the Dress.

I really think those sleeves needed to be all lace or none at all w/the faux lace "straps" turned into cap sleeves. As it is, having that lace looking like wide straps stopping at the shoulders and then tulle 3/4 sleeves w/that wide border of lace at the end of them, just really creates a very jarring note to me. Such a true shame as w/out the sleeves as is, and done all in lace instead since she needed to cover her shoulders in Church, it really would have been a fantastic Wedding Gown. However...It's going to be one of those Gowns where people say "It would have such a pretty dress if wasn't for the sleeves." What a pity.

Are there any up close pictures of the Bridal Party? I haven't seen any yet and want to see what everyone's talking about. Thanks to all who have shared links. Much appreciated!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Wikipedia says she's now HI&RH Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, on the box that shows the members of the Royal Family.

Any announcement was made?

Prince Amedeo of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no announcement needed. Like any other female spouse who is married with a titled gentleman, also Donna Elisabetta can be addressed with her husband's title(s).

Had Donna Elisabetta married a Count De Brouchoven de Bergeyck, to name just a Belgian noble, then she could be styled as the Countess De Brouchoven de Bergeyck. It is as simple as that.

:flowers:

[....]Every royal house dumps tons of money into fashion.

Not true. There are plenty of royals who are pretty frugal on spending and go for clever repeating, with or without adjustments. It is also not known what high-profiled royal ladies actually pay for outfits. Queen Máxima has become the biggest walking advert for Jan Taminiau, Eduard Vermeulen (Natan) as well her milliner Fabienne Delvigne. I am almost sure this is translated into the price policy regarding the very best client of these three...

There are also royal ladies who make their own clothes. Princess Elizabeth of Denmark is an example.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no announcement needed. Like any other female spouse who is married with a titled gentleman, also Donna Elisabetta can be addressed with her husband's title(s).

Had Donna Elisabetta married a Count De Brouchoven de Bergeyck, to name just a Belgian noble, then she could be styled as the Countess De Brouchoven de Bergeyck. It is as simple as that.

:flowers:

I don't know the specific case, because as many said before rules changed in Belgium and for example, Princess Lea is wrongly called such by newspapers but technically she's just Princess Alexander of Belgium, and also when they got married both Princess Claire and the then Princess Mathilde were made princesses in their own right. So what you said is partly uncorrect because yes she can be adressed with her husband's titles but royal titles are a complete different issue than plain noble titles. There's a substantial difference between being a princess in your own right and a princess by marriage. In many royal houses the difference it's not visible, but in the british royal family there's quite a difference between ... let's say....Princess Anne, the Princess Royal and Princess William, the Duchess of Cambridge, and I think in the Belgian Royal Family as well.

Is there any picture of the reception at Villa Medici?

I thought the bride looked lovely really charming Prince for her groom lots of little people in their green and white a little OTT but well !!! Just loved all the pics so thanks to you all.

I didn't like the flower girls/page boys outfits. I thought they looked too heavy and long for a summer wedding. The combination of dark green and white was a bit unlucky to me...a lighter green would have been just perfect to combine them with the floral decorations. The kids looked terribly unhappy...the only one who shone was Princess Elisabeth, with her sweet, gentle smile

[....]Princess Lea is wrongly called such by newspapers but technically she's just Princess Alexander of Belgium[...]

The Belgian Government itself addressed her as HRH Princess Léa:

Communiqué Ministère de la Défense d.d. 4 Decembre 2009:

Le Ministre De Crem présente ses respectueuses condoléances au nom du Gouvernement fédéral belge à S.M. le Roi, à S.A.R. le Princesse Léa ainsi qu'à la Famille Royale.

(The Minister De Crem will offer his respectful condoleances in the name of the Belgian Federal Government to H.M. The King, to H.R.H. Princess Léa and the whole Royal Family.)

Funérailles ce vendredi du Prince Alexandre de Belgique - RTBF Belgique

I reallly like the look of the bride. She looks very, very chique and sophisticated. Wearing Paola's tiara and is that the stunning veil from Paola's grandmother Bss Laura Mosselman du Chennoy (married to Prince Fulco Ruffo di Calabria)? I loved the picture from Valentino, very beautiful: http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/...-15/10431921_378701838928182_1546271159_n.jpg

A pity that we didn't get to see more pictures of the guests. I did see Archduchess Anne Garbrielle and a few others. No Marella Agnelli it seems. But her grandson - ELkann (not Lapo) + his Borromeo wife, and her granddaughter Ginevra Elkann + husband & son were there. I suppose that Margeritha Agnelli/ the Pahlens weren't there?

A clip:
deredactie.be video: Het journaal 7 - 05/07/14

Prince Lorenz shares some thoughts, apparently he knew ratherlate about the relationship of the two.

Last edited:
I was highly impressed by the Dowager Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este born Princess of Savoie -Aoste.
Born in 1933 she is now 81 years old.
She entered the Church just after Queen Paola and King Albert with her son Archduke Martin.
She was dressed in white and pink/fuschia. Absolutely not matronly but great for her old age.
Alas no picture of her , she was also the grandmother and no picture of her 4 other Children : Marie-Beatrice (silver dress) , Gerhard , Martin and Isabelle.(great pearl necklace)
Sitting on the second row , lucky I could see them.

the bride looked very pretty, i guess valentino dresses for royal weddings are in full fashion at the moment! i thought lili's was beautiful and elegant. the tiara is gorgeous - good choice. it is apparently loaned by queen paola to the bride, which i find very fitting, as paola must be thrilled that her granddaughter in law is italian like herself. :) do we know which tiara it is?

On the guests front:
yes, it looks like beatrice was there!
http://www.altezzareale.com/2014/07...o-dasburgo-este/comment-page-1/#comment-41784
i thought princesses annunciata and marie astrid of liechtenstein looked good, less so for their habsbourg cousins...

where did the banquet take place? has lili gotten the title of princess now that she is married or will continue to be lili rosboch?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom