Prince Ali and Rym al-Brahimi: 8 September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rym is wearing a circassian traditional dress.I`m sure of that.

micas said:
Just now who his the groom bride.?

Prince Ali is the (half)brother of King Abdullah, Rym is algerian and used to work for CNN - her father works for the UN and is(?) their represetative in Iraq

bluetortuga said:
Is Q Noor deliberately holding out on Ali and Haya; or are they freezing her out of their lives completely? Which one of these scenarios is true?
My guess is that QN froze them out as children, and now they are responding in kind. :( No question, it is an unhappy situation.

papillon said:
My guess is that QN froze them out as children, and now they are responding in kind. :( No question, it is an unhappy situation.
I agree with you. I don't think QN was the sweet lovable stepmother some make her out to be!

What time is it in Jordan? I guess everyone's gone to bed....festivities over.

Well, I guess we can look for Mo to throw a big extravaganza...am I right? When are they celebrating anyhow?

Thanks dennism! Too bad it was a bigger bash with more pictures...but I do respect the need to feed the hungry, so I'm glad that people will be eating.

mo's marriage to hind was in the record books so you can guarantee that this one will be too. (mo kinda has a thing for the whole 'guiness world record book':confused: ). however i won't be suprised if he can't even muster a smile for the event. i do dearly hope his brothers and kids turn out for the event. pre-haya, they all seemed incredibly close. lately shk hamdan (the brother) has been spotted at the same events with haya -the endurance races- but his son was there also and i always thought hamdan was the more sensible and smart one of the bunch. mo is just flamboyant and charismatic.:D yes, ladies, i said charismatic. you can imagine how dang fun the rest of the bunch are.:rolleyes:

sommone said:
Well, I guess we can look for Mo to throw a big extravaganza...am I right? When are they celebrating anyhow?

great pics, thanks!!!

Does anyone know why Hashem always wheres the traditional clothes on festivities like this? It looks good on him bye the way!

It's just a pity about he situation with Noor.
Also I was disapointed that Hamzah did have a huge party and so and Ali only a banquet. Now it seems like he is not very importent or something.
Does Abdullah have a big say in this?

Greetz trish

i love what rania is wearing, very elegant.
The dress of Rym I find it horrible. She looks like an old woman and very unhappy in it.
Still i think Ali also does not look very happy with his new wife. But I hope they will get very happy.

Kids will be cominge soon also right? because she is already pretty old.

I'm curious when hamzah is going to have his first baby.
I didn't see his wife bye the way?

who is the woman with the white skirt and jacket? Totally on the right next to haya?

trish79nl said:
i love what rania is wearing, very elegant.
The dress of Rym I find it horrible. She looks like an old woman and very unhappy in it.
Still i think Ali also does not look very happy with his new wife. But I hope they will get very happy.

Kids will be cominge soon also right? because she is already pretty old.

I'm curious when hamzah is going to have his first baby.
I didn't see his wife bye the way?
why isn't Noor Pregnant?! I thought Someone said she was as she had put on some weight ?

the women is Princess Zein, sister of King Abdullah.

Thanks for the photos.

I think everybody, except for Rania in her designer below the knee dress, is dressed elegantly and right. But I applaud Rania for letting it be the bride's day. Haya was a delight in hair and dress (comparison to the last photo of her). Nice to see her and Mo there. Wish Queen Noor and Princess Noor were there.

To Me, Prince Ali and Princess Rym appear happy, but nervous. This may explain the few smiles. I love her dress.

trish79nl said:
Also I was disapointed that Hamzah did have a huge party and so and Ali only a banquet. Now it seems like he is not very importent or something.
Does Abdullah have a big say in this?
it was prince Ali and P. rym desire not to make a big party, so king abdullah distributed foods to poor people instead.

samira said:
Rym is wearing a circassian traditional dress.I`m sure of that.
yes it is, but there are more beautiful designs for the circassian dress, i think it is old design.

About Rym's dress (please forgive my ignorance here), I have read in this thread that it is a traditional Circassian dress -- what does this mean exactly and is it possible that this dress also have a designer?

Alexandria said:
About Rym's dress (please forgive my ignorance here), I have read in this thread that it is a traditional Circassian dress -- what does this mean exactly and is it possible that this dress also have a designer?
part of jordan people are circassian and they have their traditional dress, i see the circassian girls wear that dress but more beautiful than the princess rym's , very similar but few differences like shorter sleeves , different top part - may be simpler (rym's dress top part was hidden behind the scarf so i did not see it well). i did not mean that it has a designer but i meant by old design that the traditional dresses change with time - not major changes-, but the traditional dresses worn now is different than that before 100 years which is different than before 200 yeas, every generation add new touch ,like the colors, the fabrics..., that why i suggested that rym's might be the basic design , don't know , I could be wrong i just felt like that, there could be many shapes of the dress.

a picture of circassian dress is in this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2247

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom