Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
has anybody downloaded the TF1 video of the ceremony? They have 4 hours of coverage posted, but I can't get it as I am not in France :(

Yeah, I second that ... I can't access it neither ...
... I want it !
Anyone have it?

How horrible am I if I say Charlene could do better?

Funny, I was thinking the same Albert. It reflects poorly on him that that one decent, cheerful, French-speaking blond could not be located in all of Europe. Someone elegant and lively with charm and confidence who accepts him and loves him. Most of all, someone who loves Monaco and its people.

Charlene- a sulking dazed ice princess prone to bursting into tears- is already clearly unsuitable for this role.

Last edited:
no one else wanted to stand there..;), (sorry)

Charlene's vacant facial expression might be the way she always looks but she seemed less there than other royal brides on their wedding day. It might be the way she thinks a princess looks or she might have taken a tranquiliser, but again perhaps that is just the way she looks.

Someone commented on the girlfriend of Caroline's eldest son looking arrogant, I did not see it. Charlotte did I think, watched the wedding on German tv and at a certain point Stephanie is looking at her and she looks right through her, completely ignoring her aunt. Ironic since she read God is love etc.

LOVED Charlene's wedding dress and ball gown, Armani is great. She was a better dressed bride than Kate (Catherine) imo.

Caroline looked wonderfull and yes I do agree with some that Stephanie who is younger has aged strangely fast, perhaps she does not care to protect her face.

Here's the official photo:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-75YL4tUa9...15839670_129575557118596_276375_1356773_o.jpg
Does anybody know why the Grand Duke & Duchess of Luxumbourg are front and center with the bridal couple and their families? Surely if they were trying to fill the space they would've picked somebody of higher rank. Are photo line-ups by rank?

I'm looking for Claire of Belgium's pictures? Only picture on the wedding, not evening! Thanks

Off topic posts about philandering, royals/nobles who cheat, etc. have deleted.

I'm looking for Claire of Belgium's pictures? Only picture on the wedding, not evening! Thanks

Here´s some:
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture

According to finnish TV YLE, these clips (the whole wedding) should be able to watch also abroad. The wedding is in three clips.
Osa 1 | Ruhtinas Albertin häät | Toista | YLE Areena | yle.fi
Osa 2 | Ruhtinas Albertin häät | Toista | YLE Areena | yle.fi
Osa 3 | Ruhtinas Albertin häät | Toista | YLE Areena | yle.fi

Last edited:
As beautiful as the Opera House is as photographed in the couple's first dance, the venue looks cramped and weird -- there were guests in the theater rows, and I'm wondering how conducive the place was for dancing and partying. The stage would not have been big enough to accommodate the guests for dancing and interacting. I wonder if the other royals actually went onstage and danced.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v5mYRSjJK...99174845_129575557118596_276274_4490988_o.jpg

I wish they held the banquet and dance in the Sporting Club instead. We've seen how Caroline and her committee spruce it up during the Rose Ball, and it would have been much more spacious. Also, official photographers would have found it easier to take pics for us to enjoy :)

Last edited:
I have just watched the entire thing again courtesy of Lady Finn posting those links. Thank you so much and I hope they never disappear.

Maybe it has already been said here but I missed it : were there any Greek Royal invited ? I don't remember seeing one of them. If none, why ???

:previous: Whether invited, we cannot say. They did not attend, however.

Princess Claire really looks like a Princess - dignified, with a nice smile, nothing over the top.

I didn't like how he was so mean to her when she was sobbing, not even crying in the chapel.

OMG!!! Sooooo kitch:bang::bang:

Another topic now!!! I was astonished by the beauty and the class of Charlene's mother!! Stunning! Better than her doughter. Does someone know how old is she??
But It did not like her father!. Not classy, not nice.

Last edited:

Thank you, LadyFinn, I had been searching for the complete wedding, but in the meantime I enjoyed watching Andrea Bocelli sing over & over again ad infinitum "Ave Maria" ~ YouTube - ‪Bocelli intona L'ave Maria - Matrimonio Alberto di Monaco e Charlene 02/07/2011‬‏ ~ as well as this clip of both the civil & religious ceremonies ~ YouTube - ‪

Lol, I'm still trying to get my sea legs back after the exhausting but equally exhilarating week we just had. :) In fact I think I'm finally over the jet leg. :D But if I had to do it all over again I would without question! :)

Still, after all the excitement leading up to the big event, it does feel a bit sad though now that's it all over, but on the other hand I don't think I could handle another wedding. Ye gods! :eek:

ETA: one more thing, I so wish we would have had just a teeny tiny bit of footage of the cutting of the cake and the Ball, as we did at Victoria & Daniel's wedding last year. Nothing compares to actual live footage versus photos. Yet, I respect their privacy, and am grateful for footage of the civil & religious ceremonies, but the greedy side of me so wanted to see the couple take their first dance as man & wife, as well I would have loved to see what Charlotte's exquisite Cinderella Dress looked like in real time. Just the glimpse I got of it reminded me of sugar plum fairies, balls, princes, royal coaches and dreams.... :heart:

Last edited:
Poor Laurent! You should see the look of absolute horror on the face of the carabinier standing behind him when the prince first hit the floor! :eek:

But do we know why he fell? Was it just a trip? One of those things? It looks like it was a fairly hard fall.

Question: The Prince's full name is Albert Aexandre Louis Pierre, yet the Archbishop called him Albert Alexandre during the wedding. Any reason why he would drop the last 2 names?

Thank you, LadyFinn, I had been searching for the complete wedding, but in the meantime I enjoyed watching Andrea Bocelli sing over & over again ad infinitum "Ave Maria" ~

(..)

ETA: one more thing, I so wish we would have had just a teeny tiny bit of footage of the cutting of the cake and the Ball, as we did at Victoria & Daniel's wedding last year. Nothing compares to actual live footage versus photos. Yet, I respect their privacy, and am grateful for footage of the civil & religious ceremonies, but the greedy side of me so wanted to see the couple take their first dance as man & wife, as well I would have loved to see what Charlotte's exquisite Cinderella Dress looked like in real time. Just the glimpse I got of it reminded me of sugar plum fairies, balls, princes, royal coaches and dreams.... :heart:

I am not sure which board it was on, maybe GREMB, but there have been short clips showing the cutting of the cake and the first dance. This clip has some of it as well.
http://youtu.be/OJS-ZcVAkvk

Last edited by a moderator:
have anyone pictures with princess sophie of liechtenstein on the evening?

OMG!!! Sooooo kitch:bang::bang:

Another topic now!!! I was astonished by the beauty and the class of Charlene's mother!! Stunning! Better than her doughter. Does someone know how old is she??
But It did not like her father!. Not classy, not nice.

Lynette Wittstock was born in 1957, so she's a year old than her son-in-law

Keep seeing people complaining that Charlene has "no jewlery" on or "no tiara".
Wrong. She's got an ENORMOUS wreath of diamonds all along the back of her head. How are people missing that?

The man standing next to Albert earlier in the ceremony was his first cousin and best man,
John B Kelly III.

Yesterday at the civil ceremony , his best man was his other first cousin, Chris Le Vine.

The best man was Chris LeVine for both ceremonies not JB.

I was under the impression that Chris Levine was the best man for the civil ceremony and John Kelly III for the religious ceremony.

Not sure but at the reception Prince Albert referred to Chris as the best man.

Found another cute part after rewatching the ceremony: Charlene asked Albert in the Palatine Chapel how she should sign the register. It is confusing: Am I Charlene de Monaco or Charlene Wittstock at this moment:lol:

Charlene and Albert on the cover of Point de Vue: http://www.pointdevue.fr/pointdevue-en_couverture

Chris Levine was The best Man in the civil and religious ceremony.

76 degrees is hot?

looks hot, everyone is fanning themselves with their programs, it is 76 degrees outside

Perhaps I am just conditioned to otherwise but 76 degrees outside would be paradise where I am in the Southeastern United States. It was 95 degrees most of this past week. I always carry a fan in my purse which frequently amuses others (but they usually ask to borrow it).

Last edited:
I'm in the SW US and it is 85 degrees at midnight

have anyone pictures with princess sophie of liechtenstein on the evening?

Ooo the royal family of Liechtensteinwere there? Sweet! I'm falling in love with that country and it's government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Albert looks better without a uniform with tons of medals and ribbons on it, Princess Charlene's hair looks as if it has an antique diamond broach in it

Like Rainier when he married. I used to wonder where all his medals came from since Monaco did not have an army.

Back
Top Bottom