Louis Ducruet and Marie Chevallier: July 26 & 27, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He does actually belong to someone: himself. I suppose that LadyFinn and Somebody mean that Stéphanie clings to Louis too much on the photos, where there is little "clinging" between Louis and Marie. Oh well.

Why would Caroline be judged?

She's taking his arm I wouldn't call that 'clinging'.

A nice family wedding it seems ..relaxed and not fancy. The bride has more simple style dresses.

LaRae

I cannot understand what is going on with Charlene ...it's bad enough she doesn't seem to go to many official events but to miss a family wedding? Just an odd situation.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
The group photo is terrible - hardly anyone is prepared for a photo. Glum faces, looking anywhere but at the photographer (Beatrice, Camille, Jazmin), some guy rocking a baby at the end of the shot...So given that the photographer hadn't managed to get everyone ready I'm not reading too much into the body language or poses of the newly weds and Stephanie.

Also, why has the bridal train been wrapped around Louis' ankles? Just weird.

I also find it strange this drip, drip of photos - it's not like Casiraghi weddings which weren't official shots, these are official photos. Just release them and have done...

Anyway, as long as they had the wedding they wanted with the people they wanted all is good.

Shame about Charlene - it doesn't really matter whether she had good reason or not. She has previous form for this kind of thing so it's going to play badly in the court of public opinion. Not that I expect the Grimaldis to deviate from their "never complain apart from when we set the lawyers on you, never explain" motto.

I think we can not judge too hard on Charlène. When it is official, like the Fête Nationale, or the Official Visit of the President of China, she is simply there. When it are no Affaires d'État, she seems to make her own choices. We can have an opinion on that. But only the opinion of one person matters: the Prince. He seems perfectly fine with the current arrangements between the two.

I think we can not judge too hard on Charlène. When it is official, like the Fête Nationale, or the Official Visit of the President of China, she is simply there. When it are no Affaires d'État, she seems to make her own choices. We can have an opinion on that. But only the opinion of one person matters: the Prince. He seems perfectly fine with the current arrangements between the two.

I agree with you on this one. I am quite sure that Albert and Charlene have an agreement on everything they do. We all know that she wasn't born to be a Princess, let alone Princess Consort, First Lady of Monaco. She is an introvert and shy person, that is her character and she cannot change it. She married Albert because she loved him and had to accept some things but not everything as she doesn't feel like it, and Albert was fine with her wishes.

The fact that is odd here is that this was a family wedding and not a royal duty, so I really cannot understand.

I wish them nothing but happiness in their married life together and they look so happy, but if I have to look at this at a purely aesthetic level, it's kind of a let down? And I hate to say this because they're private citizens but alas, it seems like this wedding kinda doesn't know what it wants to be. Does it want to be a private wedding or does it want to be a wedding of Monegasque Princely allure? Probably a bit of both.

The official photo is honestly bad. Nobody is prepared and give the bride a bouquet for crying out loud! Louis is holding onto his mother, Marie's father has his hands folded and Marie is left needing to let her arms hang like a ragdoll.

Her civil wedding outfit is the best. Pauline and the other designer did her no favors with that dress. It's ill fitting and not the best for her body type. However, I hope she felt like a million bucks in that dress and hope they had a blast this weekend.

Indeed.

And as I said in an earlier post she isn't the first member of the family to skip another family member's wedding.

I think they are all quite pragmatic about these things - if you are there, great, you're very welcome and if you aren't then fine, no hard feelings.

How do we know the Prince is happy with the situation with his wife constantly leaving him solo?

I think it must be highly embarrassing for the Prince as he must be asked constantly where is his wife and must have run out of excuses.Her absence at another family event does Charlene no favours and she herself is the mistress of most of the negativity that surround her.

I agree with you on this one. I am quite sure that Albert and Charlene have an agreement on everything they do. We all know that she wasn't born to be a Princess, let alone Princess Consort, First Lady of Monaco. She is an introvert and shy person, that is her character and she cannot change it. She married Albert because she loved him and had to accept some things but not everything as she doesn't feel like it, and Albert was fine with her wishes.

The fact that is odd here is that this was a family wedding and not a royal duty, so I really cannot understand.

Certainly this is a family affair, but unlike any normal family affair, this one is splashed over the web, in magazines, on tv. So for an introvert person whom this "family affair" can be felt like a hurdle.

Last edited:
If Charlene was there supporting the family in private without pictures, good for her. It is frustrating when so many events in Monaco have this "Where's Charlene?" discussion though. There's only so many times you can play the twins or busy elsewhere.

I'm an introvert and I can't imagine being in the spotlight but if she can be photographed at the Red Cross Ball the night before surely she can stand next to her husband in the wedding party photographs? Ultimately it doesn't really matter for this event, it's just family so up to them if she attends or not but is Albert really ok going solo on so many events where a consort should usually accompany someone? It's not as if it's *that* many but it's so noticeable.

The Good Wife. She lives her life as she wants.She gets only the Good, she rejects the Bad. What a poor innocent girl. I hope there Is another explanation. FOR MONACO.

How do we know the Prince is happy with the situation with his wife constantly leaving him solo?

I think it must be highly embarrassing for the Prince as he must be asked constantly where is his wife and must have run out of excuses.Her absence at another family event does Charlene no favours and she herself is the mistress of most of the negativity that surround her.

I have the idea the Prince is 100% in his element without Charlène at his side. And he is 100% in his element with Charlène at his side. Never ever he has given any snippet of being unlucky with a situation. C'est la vie. He probably will not lose any second of sleep for this. He married a Zimbabwean-born South-African professional athlete to-tal-ly unknown with anything like royalty, let alone in a French-speaking principality with a magnifying glass on it 365 days per year.

I think Albert knows that what he asks from Charlène is immense. The one foreigner is exuberant by nature (Máxima) and the other is more reserved by nature (Charlène) but in both cases it looks both husbands are drop-dead happy with their wives and adore them to bits. I have not the slightest idea of discontent by Albert, so I think he was totally okay with his wife's choice not to attend the religious service for Louis and Marie Ducruet.

Last edited:
What’s funny about Charlene is she attended the Cambridges wedding with her husband in 2011. Since then she’s been a no show at most gatherings of European royals.

They were not married yet; they attended the Cambridges wedding in April 2011 as Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock. They were married in July 2011.

They also attended the Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel in 2010 as Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock

Last edited:

This was a family event and a lovely wedding. Charlene has been a member of this family for a long time, she should feel herself comfortable at the family events. Charlene is married to the Head of this family. Albert likes to attend at the family events and is very close to his nephews and nieces. As the wife of the Head of the family Charlene should attend at these family events. To pose at the group photo and show her support to the newlyweds. I think it is strange that she isn't glad to attend at these events full of love and happiness.

This was a family event and a lovely wedding. Charlene has been a member of this family for a long time, she should feel herself comfortable at the family events. Charlene is married to the Head of this family. Albert likes to attend at the family events and is very close to his nephews and nieces. As the wife of the Head of the family Charlene should attend at these family events. To pose at the group photo and show her support to the newlyweds. I think it is strange that she isn't glad to attend at these events full of love and happiness.

Even more as there was apparently no press around and also no public as the Area around the Cathedral was closed off.

But couldn't it be that one of the twins get sick in the night and Charléne chose to stay with both children at home?

But couldn't it be that one of the twins get sick in the night and Charléne chose to stay with both children at home?

A one-off non-attendance could indeed be explained by something like this. However, as others pointed out, in Charlene case the default option seems to be that she doesn't show up unless she really really has to (the bar seems rather high) or if she herselfs likes to.

These are very odd photos, and I agree that the drip, drip drip of their release is also odd. The wedding gown worn at the religious ceremony sheds no glory on either Pauline or the company that executed her ideas--the construction is atrocious and the lace on the bodice looks as though a puppy has been chewing on it. I sincerely hope it was everything that Marie wanted, but from a purely aesthetic perspective, it's one of the worst royal/royal adjacent gowns I can remember in quite a while.

So far as Charlene's non-attendance goes, I am really beginning to wonder about the reasons. At this point her absence is more the norm than her presence. I hope very much that everything all right with her.

If it wasn’t for the one picture we have of the group outside the cathedral, we would be speculating about all manner of members of the family who may or not have been there, (particularly Caroline’s family). We still don’t know who went to the civil ceremony or the evening receptions. I really find it hard to believe that Charlene wasn’t at any of the various functions associated with the wedding, particularly as there appears to be good interactions when we get to see them all together. She may even have been at the cathedral - I seem to recall the apparent contradiction earlier this year at the Royal Garter Ceremony in the UK when William was mysteriously missing from the official photo , but was in the procession. However, I do wonder at the official office of the Prince and Princess, if we don’t get clarification that she was there at some point, it really causes unnecessary rumours that sadly detracts from a happy family occasion .

Charlene's non attendance is not acceptable whatever the reason she should be there....she does have responsibility to family as well as Monaco this is a very nice wedding nothing too over the top they seem a nice couple .. poor form on Charlene's part IMO

They attended the Cambridges wedding in April 2011 as Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock. They were married in July 2011.

They also attended the Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel in 2010 as Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock

To balance it: in Stockholm Princess Charlène was alone, without the Prince.

Agreed. This is a family wedding she is attending as a WIFE to the head of the family, not to mention as an aunt to the man who got married this weekend. This reflects poorly on her once again.

Mr and Mrs Louis Ducruet have a nice Wedding Thread .
Altough the absence of Princess Charlène stole the show of their thread, I wish them a happy and very private life. Louis Childhood was a difficult one.

Louis Ducruet is very like his father looks wise.

lazuli...I could not open the link to view the wedding cake, which I really wanted to see but a big THANK YOU for posting the story from Hola, as well as the photos!:flowers:

Fijiro said:
-They attended the Cambridges wedding in April 2011 as Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock. They were married in July 2011.

To balance it: in Stockholm Princess Charlène was alone, without the Prince.

Yeah, she was alone in 2013 for Princess Madeleine wedding. But 2010 & 2011 (as shown above), she accompanied Prince Albert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom