Louis Ducruet and Marie Chevallier: July 26 & 27, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: There are plenty of places online where you can read unflattering comments about the bride, her gown, and her sister in law Pauline's talent-or lack of talent- as a designer.

I myself posted here that the bride's hair looked a mess.

That was not enough to appease your need for vinegar ?

There is more than enough ugliness and unkindness in the world and online...people who like to snipe should be the most fulfilled people on Earth thanks to the Internet.

So what harm is a bit of "molasses" in a wedding thread?:ermm:

Last edited:
People have basically said they look happy and in love on their wedding thread, there's been plenty of acid about Princess Stephanie's family in general and the continual Charlene question.

But if the bride wanted to take her husband's name because it's more famous than her own would that suddenly make her more interesting or negate the fact that she seems genuinely happy with her new husband?

This Is not the matter FOR ME. She isn't cute because she is so in love to decide to get her husband 's surname. Her love will be the, I have no doubt, but this FOR ME doesn't make her more cute than another bride who Is goong on her own surname.

People have basically said they look happy and in love on their wedding thread, there's been plenty of acid about Princess Stephanie's family in general and the continual Charlene question.

But if the bride wanted to take her husband's name because it's more famous than her own would that suddenly make her more interesting or negate the fact that she seems genuinely happy with her new husband?

This is an interesting question.

I think Beatrice Borromeo and Tatiana Santo Domingo did not adopt their husbands' nicknames. I am not sure about Charlotte.

In Marie's case, it could make her better known to anyone who doesn't know who she is. But she may want to continue to be called by her birth name.

What make you say they did adopt their surname, legally they will always have their birthname, they only use their husbands’ names out of courtesy, and Tatiana is Daphne Casi on Instagram so she obviously uses her husband surname.

Last edited:
Many women feel better with an important surname, others no. Nothing to do with true o fake love. Beatrice and Tatiana have important surnames of their own.

Daphne is their dog's name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many women feel better with an important surname, others no. Nothing to do with true o fake love. Beatrice and Tatiana have important surnames of their own.

Daphne is their dog's name.

On her personnal Instagram page, she uses Casi for casiraghi.

Caroline herself is using her husband’s name and titre.

Last edited:
Casi isn't Casiraghi, Daphne isn't Tatiana, if you wouldn't have told me she is Tatiana and if I wouldn't have known their dog's name, I wouldn't have understood she was Tatiana.

When Caroline married Stafano Casiraghi only italian media called her Signora Casiraghi with irony. Stefano was her great love. When she married Hannover she became Princess of Hannover, but that man wasn't her great love.

Casi isn't Casiraghi, Daphne isn't Tatiana, if you wouldn't have told me she is Tatiana and if I wouldn't have known their dog's name, I wouldn't have understood she was Tatiana.

She put Tatiana as description, she could have used another Instagram name

When Caroline married Stafano Casiraghi only italian media called her Signora Casiraghi with irony. Stefano was her great love. When she married Hannover she became Princess of Hannover, but that man wasn't her great love.

Still she uses the Hanovre’´s name even if she does not love him!
She could have asked the palace to never refers to her as a Hanovre but she did not.

Using your husband is only a traditional thing in France and Monaco, and Marie, like Caroline is only abiding to this tradition.

Arguing about Marie taking her husband’s last name seems a bit silly to me. Millions of women do so all the time. And it’s not like Louis’s last name is Grimaldi-I don’t think Ducruet is really a status symbol.

Caroline is always married ti Ernst and She Is always Princess of Hannover. This Is a formality. I consider more important to be Princess of Monaco because the Grimaldi are ruling since 1297, Hannover are fallen noble. But formally she is still Princess of Hannover.

Who knows if she really changed her surname or not. What I posted was about her changing her name on Instagram. It has no legal sense. People are so quick to blow this out of proportion.

Caroline is always married ti Ernst and She Is always Princess of Hannover. This Is a formality. I consider more important to be Princess of Monaco because the Grimaldi are ruling since 1297, Hannover are fallen noble. But formally she is still Princess of Hannover.

Caroline is still a Princess of Monaco and was styled Her Royal Highness The Princess of Hanover upon marriage and was the The Hereditary Princess of Monaco up until 2014.

My point is she could have chosen not to use her husband ‘s name and title as she has the right to do so. In France, legally titles are accessories to names. But anyway, Caroline decided to use the title as per tradition, just like Marie uses the style of Madame (and yes I think Madame is a style) Ducruet. This is her pure prerogative and she has every right to do so and should not be judge. Monarch are Monarchs not because of who they are but because of tradition, I think it is therefore weird to criticize Marie for using (not adopting because legally she can’t) her husband ‘s name.
And Ducruet is not an impresive name to hold. It is a plain French name, virtually unknown to many.

Last edited:
I note on one of the fashion threads, comments have been made about the lack of smiles amongst the family in the group photo, with the exception of Prince Albert, and the way Stéphanie holds on to Louis which isn’t replicated amongst other immediate family members. With the various informal photos that have steadily emerged, I think that this is just unfortunate and don’t really read too much into it. But, looking at the other group photo that was released outside the Cathedral, with various people looking in another direction and heads badly obscured etc. I do seriously wonder at the credentials of the official photographer. Do we know who took the pictures ?

And here we are endly, Dear Elly C , you pointed out what should never have happened.
The gulty is the Photographer who posted prior the Group Picture at the Cathedral.

Marie and Louis wanted a private Wedding and this very picture showing Princess Charlène missing but on the last row Jasmin Grace and Alexander was bad for them and for the Famille Princière.

Other Pictures came later and the most important Picture taking the day before at the Civil Wedding Shows Princess Charlène of Monaco, who attended the Wedding.

I wish Louis and Marie and also Princess Stephanie a happy life out of the press pictures....

It really was a beautiful gown, at least from the rear and in motion.

Back
Top Bottom