Lord Frederick Windsor and Miss Sophie Winkleman 12th September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, sorry Skydragon. Thats what I ment, thank you. Corset or bodice you will call it in english. She has a wonderful skin.

I have kind of a silly question...

I read The Queen wasn't invited due to royal protocol. Can someone tell me exactly what that was? Just curious to know.

I think Princess Michael's dress was a beautiful colour on her but agree with most that it was too low cut for a woman of her age.

Did Ernst August, Prince of Hanover attend the wedding ?

Thank you for the information about Beatrice. :)
Laura Lopes looked magnificent in that purple dress. Very beautiful. :flowers:
Bryan Adams and Marie-Chantal what conversations they would have. :lol:
Thank you for the pictures, Lady Rose looked very nice as did Lady Gabriella. :flowers:
Did Ernst August, Prince of Hanover attend the wedding ?
I haven't seen any pictures of him. Is there any reason why you thought he might attend?

I didn't like Sophie's dress is looks horrible, skirt too big, corset too tight. The tiara was pretty but nothing spectacular. For once I am going to have to say Princess Michael outshone the bride, her dress was beautiful and her hair piece suited her. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

The Daily Mail reported that Ernst August was invited, but maybe that was only a rumour...

Laura's outfit was particularly beautiful today

Skydragon, that is such an Englishwoman's view of lingerie :flowers:.

A French friend advised me to start wearing what Princess Michael is wearing and men really like it.

I wish older ladies would leave the wonderbra in the drawer!:eek:

Perhaps it is because English women have been brought up on the saying "mutton dressed up as lamb".
This wedding made me think that you can have too much of a good thing or quite the opposite you can have too little of a good thing, the main thing is to dress to enhance your assets and not bring too much attention to what you
don´t have.
The belle of the wedding, as usual, was Lady Gabriella, she is a sight for sore eyes a really beautiful girl.

A French friend advised me to start wearing what Princess Michael is wearing and men really like it.
They look wonderful on any age 18 to 35, older than that and they look mutton dressed as lamb.:D Even with the Wonderbra, you are not supposed to have balloon globes forming above the dress line.:D

Thank you all for the beautiful wedding pics. I for one think that her wedding dress is very beautiful. She has the body to carry it off well, so why not?? The bride is absolutely stunning and Freddie looks so dashing. I wish them much future happiness!!

For me, Princess Michael looked absolutely gorgeous. Loved the frock - however, not sure it was an entirely appropriate outfit for a wedding. I mean, who'd look at the bride when Princess Michael's got her jewels on display?

They look wonderful on any age 18 to 35, older than that and they look mutton dressed as lamb.:D Even with the Wonderbra, you are not supposed to have balloon globes forming above the dress line.:D
Well said Skydragon. I thought she had way too much cleavage for a church wedding and whilst her jewelery was magnificent it was totally inappropriate. No one is supposed to totally eclipse the Bride!

Ah the bride, the lace bolero was so fussily lacey it was at complete odds with the beautifully elegant swathed bodice. Had it been kept in "style" with the skirt of the wedding dress it may have looked really great. As it is, all it really did was emphasise her small bust which seemed totally inadequate to hold up the weight of all that swathed satin. A wardrobe malfunction in search of an opportunity no less!

I think the lace sleeves don't fit very well with the rest of the dress, but I do like it better than most brides we see today.
All those simple, strapless gowns and hair like there was no time to visit the hairdresser. Come on women, it's your wedding day! Make it something special!

I like traditional, classical gowns with sleeves. When you see a bridal couple today, the groom has more clothes on than the bride. Today's brides mostly look like they have a white sheet from their bed wrapped around them and have a cauliflower or a leek for a bridal bouquet. Call me old-fashioned, but brides from the past have more style than what is usually seen these days.
Why must it all be so simple?

Thank you for the new additions :flowers: Laura Parker-Bowles doesn't look good,imo.And what did she do to her hair?A ponytail?
Anyway,it's always nice to see Marie-Chantal of Greece,she can bring class anywhere she goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Thanks for additional photos!
Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece appears to wear Alexander McQueen's houndstooth check pencil dress, which suited her nicely.
I love the bright colour of Lady Rose's dress, which was perfectly tailored.
As for Mrs. Laura Lopes, her style is not my cup of tea and I have yet to see her in a nice outfit.

Sophie's wedding dress is so beautiful and classic.
I hope to see it better and a little larger.

Has anybody seen any photos of the bride's sister, Claudia Winkleman?

I think the lace sleeves don't fit very well with the rest of the dress, but I do like it better than most brides we see today.
All those simple, strapless gowns and hair like there was no time to visit the hairdresser. Come on women, it's your wedding day! Make it something special!

I like traditional, classical gowns with sleeves. When you see a bridal couple today, the groom has more clothes on than the bride. Today's brides mostly look like they have a white sheet from their bed wrapped around them and have a cauliflower or a leek for a bridal bouquet. Call me old-fashioned, but brides from the past have more style than what is usually seen these days.
Why must it all be so simple?

I totally agree with you. Everything is strapless. And watching a few episodes of TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" (dunno if this airs outside the US), I've see way too many sheer (around the waist), sparkly, corseted bodices.

Granted, I think Sophie's dress was not nearly as bad as that and looks 100x better than others I've seen. My opinion is that lace, being so intricate and delicate needs a dress w/ clean lines and shape and a matte fabric to display it. A bolero jacket in another fabric (perhaps w/ some embroidery to echo those on the skirt) would have been better.

Well, I agree with those who say her dress was not nice. I am thinking horrible, but I will go with just not nice.

Its like she took the aspect of three of her favorite weddings dress to make one dress and it didn' come out well. And I am a bit disappointed, in the run up to the wedding I have never seen Sophie in a outfit that I didn't like.

What's up with the some brides who decided to against their normal style on their wedding day (ie. Lady Frederick Windsor and Princess Aimee of the Netherlands) and it just looks awful.

Princess Michael of Kent looked lovely but I agree with those who think it was a bit much, I don't think it showed a lot but I agree with those who say that it took attention from the bride.

Lady Gabriella, Lady Rose and Lady Helen all looked lovely as did Princess Marie Chantal of Greece.

I agree with Al_bina about Laura Lopes...I have never been impressed with her dress sense and she didn't let me down today. She was probably cold after the wedding/reception but what was up with the white jacket...it did not go with her dress.

I wish we could have seen more of what Princess Eugenie was wearing but I am thinking we are not missing much either.

And no picturess of Princess Alexandra of Kent?! For shame, I am sure she looked stunning. Glad to see the Duke and DUchess of Kent together. I miss seeing the Duchess on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I am also glad this wedding is over for the simple fact that we no longer (one hopes) have a daily trashing of the Kents in the Daily Mail.

So the bride tripped on her wedding day, must one be so evil?

I totally agree with you. Everything is strapless. And watching a few episodes of TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" (dunno if this airs outside the US), I've see way too many sheer (around the waist), sparkly, corseted bodices.

Granted, I think Sophie's dress was not nearly as bad as that and looks 100x better than others I've seen. My opinion is that lace, being so intricate and delicate needs a dress w/ clean lines and shape and a matte fabric to display it. A bolero jacket in another fabric (perhaps w/ some embroidery to echo those on the skirt) would have been better.

Agreed! Agreed! And I have looked up the program that you mentioned, Say Yes to the Dress, and I totally did not like what I saw.
Nearly everything is the same! :ermm:

I guess being special on your big day doesn't matter anymore! :bang:

For people like me and you, a royal wedding is the only occasion where you still get to see a dress in sort of old-fashioned style.
I don't know why brides choose strapless dresses - I think it's cheap, as if you did not find it worth the effort to choose a nice dress that actually looks like a dress and not a white table cloth. Less is not always more.

I find the fact that the Daily Mail keeps on saying she takes herbal valium funny:D how do they know what she takes if anything

I am also glad this wedding is over for the simple fact that we no longer (one hopes) have a daily trashing of the Kents in the Daily Mail.

So the bride tripped on her wedding day, must one be so evil?

Palace sources of course, Susan_Alicia! Silly you:whistling:

I must say, I have witnessed a couple of British royal weddings from the sidelines, and I have never seen so much negative press for someone who is 31st in the line for the throne. What has Freddie ever done for people to be so nasty?

Cant anyone have a nice wedding day without all the negativity?

Good for the couple for moving outside of England to LA! I am sure the press if they stayed in England would just be nasty.

I like the wedding gown. A little old fashioned, I like top part of the dress but I don't like the material (taffeta I think ??). Bolero is quite nice, I think that bride can choose different hairstyle - a little up-do would be better.

Sophie and Frederick look so happy and I wish them all the best :flowers:

Yes, he is Marie Christine's son....but children should never pay for the alleged sins of the mother or father.
Its amazing how the human race is becoming more advanced with technology but we are becoming less and less civil to each other. But that is another topic for another day.

I hope they find much love and success in LA but come back to England for special occassions. I have never heard of this new show.

In my opinion this wedding was nice, privet and family occasion, as it should be in their situation (they aren't heirs to the throne).I must say that H.R.H. Princes Michael overshadowed everybody. She definitly is royal lady. Her jewels are impressive!!!

Back
Top Bottom