The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2019, 10:41 PM
Courtier

The evening dress reminds me a little of Beatrice Borromeo's Armani Prive gown at her wedding (just the general silhouette)

Old 05-19-2019, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Thomas Kingston's family wasn't really identified. Would anyone know, does he have living parents or siblings?
What is the relationship of the bridal attendants to the couple, apart from Maud and Isabella? Are the others family, godchildren etc.?
I loved the casual resting, collapsing of the children all over the vast steps of Windsor. So funny and just what children would do.
I also loved the Ella rose and other bouquet flowers.
Do you think the roses on the amazing wedding cake were made to model the Ella rose too?
Thomas's father is Martin Kingston, QC. His mother is Jill Mary Bache Kingston.

Royal Musings: Lady Gabriella Windsor to marry Tom Kingston

https://www.no5.com/people/barrister...n-kingston-qc/

I'd say the lady in the blue dress on the left and the gentleman next to her (in the same row as Prince and Princess Michael) are Thomas's parents.

https://www.gettyimages.es/detail/fo...?adppopup=true

Old 05-19-2019, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Thomas Kingston's family wasn't really identified. Would anyone know, does he have living parents or siblings?
I read that Thomas has two sisters.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I read that Thomas has two sisters.
So maybe some of these other members of the bridal party are Thomas's nieces and/or nephews?

"Other youngsters who made up the bridal party were Leonora Weisman, Aurelia del Drago, Eliza Goldsmith and Emily Conolly. The Pageboys were Frederick Murray, Rafferty Murray and Karim Khawaja. Estella Taylor, Jessie Conolly and Hannah Conolly were Special Attendants."

https://www.hellomagazine.com/brides...aids-pageboys/

Well, not Eliza Goldsmith or Estella Taylor, we know who they are.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pictures from the reception:

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/the-...ing-reception/

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-20-2019, 02:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
So maybe some of these other members of the bridal party are Thomas's nieces and/or nephews?

"Other youngsters who made up the bridal party were Leonora Weisman, Aurelia del Drago, Eliza Goldsmith and Emily Conolly. The Pageboys were Frederick Murray, Rafferty Murray and Karim Khawaja. Estella Taylor, Jessie Conolly and Hannah Conolly were Special Attendants."

https://www.hellomagazine.com/brides...aids-pageboys/

Well, not Eliza Goldsmith or Estella Taylor, we know who they are.
My guess would be Emily Conolly, and Frederick and Rafferty Murray are his niece and nephews.

According to the BRF site there were 4 readings. 2 were done by Joanna Conolly and Emily Murray. I would venture to guess they are likely Tom's two sisters. The two 'special attendants' (besides Estella) were also Conolly girls.

Tom's parents run a charitable trust. And an Ian Conolly is one of the other 2 directors for the charity. Seems likely their son in law.

https://www.royal.uk/further-details...homas-kingston
Old 05-20-2019, 04:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The term best man isn't common in the UK to start.
Yes it is. Every wedding I've ever been to has had a 'best man'.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Thomas had three best men. Is this common at English weddings?
What's more common is a best man and groomsmen. However if the groom cannot choose, 3 best men it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The term best man isn't common in the UK to start. Its usually supporter. Just as instead of groomsmen, they have ushers.
I disagree. Best man is very common in the UK, as are groomsmen. Ushers/Page Boys are different to Groomsmen and are usually younger members of the bridal party similar to flower girls.

I have only ever heard the term supporters in relation to older royal weddings, it's actually referred to as the royal equivalent of Best Man. William and Henry were each others best man, I'm also certain they have been Best Man for their friends weddings as well.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:41 AM
Serene Highness

I think the term groomsmen might be an import from all the US wedding blogs. I hear it used now sometimes but at UK weddings in the past (in my experience) it was always adult (or teenage) male ushers who showed people to their seats etc. I've been to a few 'upper crust' weddings in the last few years where the word 'ushers' is still used for the adult male helpers & there's also been an 'ushers' breakfast' before the wedding.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Did anyone else notice the bride's intricate low, long chignon from the back? It was a work of art, one of the most beautiful wedding day hairstyles I have ever seen.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-20-2019, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Did anyone else notice the bride's intricate low, long chignon from the back? It was a work of art, one of the most beautiful wedding day hairstyles I have ever seen.
Yes, I did, and I agree that it was spectacular. It's a shame it wasn't easier to see and admire under the excess fabric of her veil. It's bridal hair done the way it should be.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I think the term groomsmen might be an import from all the US wedding blogs. I hear it used now sometimes but at UK weddings in the past (in my experience) it was always adult (or teenage) male ushers who showed people to their seats etc. I've been to a few 'upper crust' weddings in the last few years where the word 'ushers' is still used for the adult male helpers & there's also been an 'ushers' breakfast' before the wedding.
It's common here since there is only one best man. I've never been to a wedding where there is best men. Usually they pick one and everyone else is groomsmen. Most don't have any ushering duty. Pretty much just show up and stand behind the groom and best man.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
The evening dress reminds me a little of Beatrice Borromeo's Armani Prive gown at her wedding (just the general silhouette)
The evening dress was pretty, but I thought maybe Ella would wear a dazzling designer dress rather than a second wedding gown.

Also I wish we had a better look at some of the dresses for the evening party at TART.

Sophie Winkleman's dress was a vibrant color but it would be nice to see the top part.

I didn't really like Pippa Middleton's, but then I usually don't care for Erdem clothes.

James Middleton's GF Alizee looked lovely, but with a tall willowy figure like hers, you can really get by with anything!

I wonder if Beatrice's dress was the same brand as the navy one she wore to the wedding? They looked rather similar, imo.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the evening gown, remind me a little bit to one of the dresses the daughterin law of Carolina de Monaco used for her wedding. If I found a photo I will post it. It had the same concept with the shoulders cape
Old 05-20-2019, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The evening dress was pretty, but I thought maybe Ella would wear a dazzling designer dress rather than a second wedding gown.

Also I wish we had a better look at some of the dresses for the evening party at TART.

Sophie Winkleman's dress was a vibrant color but it would be nice to see the top part.

I didn't really like Pippa Middleton's, but then I usually don't care for Erdem clothes.

James Middleton's GF Alizee looked lovely, but with a tall willowy figure like hers, you can really get by with anything!

I wonder if Beatrice's dress was the same brand as the navy one she wore to the wedding? They looked rather similar, imo.
Beatrice's dress was quite frightful. She needs a mirror.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, her appearance and makeup in the green dress was jarring.
Ella’s second dress was too similar to her wedding dress and less successful. It did resemble Beatrice borromeo Armani gown but you can’t have such a bony chest for it to look good.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

It is a designer gown, and some would say quite dazzling.

Its her wedding, so yes its a second wedding gown. Look at other brides like Meghan and Kate, the second dress is still a wedding dress. Its usually just something a bit more fun and less traditional. Hers certainly was.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

Beautiful wedding, beautiful bride.

I have to say, however, that for people who probably have all the money they need to dress well, some of the guests' fashion choices were downright puzzling. It looks like James Middleton's girlfriend bought her hat at the local thrift shop. I did not like Beatrice's reception dress or the dress Pippa wore to the wedding. I think some forget that just because a dress is the latest fashion, doesn't mean it is the right dress for the person.

But--loved the bride's dress, veil, and flowers. Loved the pale pink on the bridesmaids. Loved seeing the extended family.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Three official portraits have been released - taken by photographer Hugo Burnand at Frogmore House, Windsor:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** royal.uk: Official photographs of the wedding.. **
Old 05-21-2019, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Those official pics are really beautiful. Especially those in the outside in the park, which shout 'spring' all over.