Lady Gabriella Windsor and Thomas Kingston: May 18, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone else notice the bride's intricate low, long chignon from the back? It was a work of art, one of the most beautiful wedding day hairstyles I have ever seen.;)

Yes, I did, and I agree that it was spectacular. It's a shame it wasn't easier to see and admire under the excess fabric of her veil. It's bridal hair done the way it should be.

I think the term groomsmen might be an import from all the US wedding blogs. I hear it used now sometimes but at UK weddings in the past (in my experience) it was always adult (or teenage) male ushers who showed people to their seats etc. I've been to a few 'upper crust' weddings in the last few years where the word 'ushers' is still used for the adult male helpers & there's also been an 'ushers' breakfast' before the wedding.

It's common here since there is only one best man. I've never been to a wedding where there is best men. :lol: Usually they pick one and everyone else is groomsmen. Most don't have any ushering duty. Pretty much just show up and stand behind the groom and best man.

The evening dress reminds me a little of Beatrice Borromeo's Armani Prive gown at her wedding (just the general silhouette)

The evening dress was pretty, but I thought maybe Ella would wear a dazzling designer dress rather than a second wedding gown.

Also I wish we had a better look at some of the dresses for the evening party at TART.

Sophie Winkleman's dress was a vibrant color but it would be nice to see the top part.

I didn't really like Pippa Middleton's, but then I usually don't care for Erdem clothes.

James Middleton's GF Alizee looked lovely, but with a tall willowy figure like hers, you can really get by with anything!

I wonder if Beatrice's dress was the same brand as the navy one she wore to the wedding? They looked rather similar, imo.

I love the evening gown, remind me a little bit to one of the dresses the daughterin law of Carolina de Monaco used for her wedding. If I found a photo I will post it. It had the same concept with the shoulders cape

The evening dress was pretty, but I thought maybe Ella would wear a dazzling designer dress rather than a second wedding gown.

Also I wish we had a better look at some of the dresses for the evening party at TART.

Sophie Winkleman's dress was a vibrant color but it would be nice to see the top part.

I didn't really like Pippa Middleton's, but then I usually don't care for Erdem clothes.

James Middleton's GF Alizee looked lovely, but with a tall willowy figure like hers, you can really get by with anything!

I wonder if Beatrice's dress was the same brand as the navy one she wore to the wedding? They looked rather similar, imo.

Beatrice's dress was quite frightful. She needs a mirror.

:previous:I agree, her appearance and makeup in the green dress was jarring.
Ella’s second dress was too similar to her wedding dress and less successful. It did resemble Beatrice borromeo Armani gown but you can’t have such a bony chest for it to look good.

It is a designer gown, and some would say quite dazzling.

Its her wedding, so yes its a second wedding gown. Look at other brides like Meghan and Kate, the second dress is still a wedding dress. Its usually just something a bit more fun and less traditional. Hers certainly was.

Beautiful wedding, beautiful bride.

I have to say, however, that for people who probably have all the money they need to dress well, some of the guests' fashion choices were downright puzzling. It looks like James Middleton's girlfriend bought her hat at the local thrift shop. I did not like Beatrice's reception dress or the dress Pippa wore to the wedding. I think some forget that just because a dress is the latest fashion, doesn't mean it is the right dress for the person.

But--loved the bride's dress, veil, and flowers. Loved the pale pink on the bridesmaids. Loved seeing the extended family.

Those official pics are really beautiful. Especially those in the outside in the park, which shout 'spring' all over.

Who’s the gentleman stood behind Princess Michael?

The Queens attendance intrigues me - I dont recall her attending the wedding of Ella's brother Lord Frederick, and certainly I can't remember her attending the weddings of the Gloucester children - definitely not Davina's but I can't remember her being at Rose or Earl of Ulster's

Is it more a diary clash for previous weddings or the size of them?

The Queens attendance intrigues me - I dont recall her attending the wedding of Ella's brother Lord Frederick, and certainly I can't remember her attending the weddings of the Gloucester children - definitely not Davina's but I can't remember her being at Rose or Earl of Ulster's

The Weddings of the Gloucester children where smaller affairs probably this has also something to do with. And to add that this Wedding and the one of Lady Helen (which she also attended) both took place at Windsor.

I much prefer Lady Gabriella's formal wedding group picture to Harry and Eugenie's, it's nice and balanced in the centre of the room whereas H and E's were taken in a random corner and they just didn't look right to me.

This wedding was at Windsor, and the Queen has never missed a wedding at Windsor.

(But it has also been reported that she is very fond of Gabriella).

I wonder if part of it is the ease for HM and also for security reasons?

Attending a wedding at Windsor is easy to attend for HM unless she is away overseas and also is probably easier to secure than other locations. Windsor always has its own security around it whereas when other venues might not and therefore if HM attends it creates a bigger "fuss".

Anyway, glad to see HM at this.

Thank you, Iceflower, for the official photos. They are beautiful.
I love the one in The Duchess of Kent's Drawing Room. That is special and captures a nice shot of everyone. What relationship to Gabriella is that Duchess of Kent?
Sweet that Maud and Isabella sit at their grandmother's feet.
Is there any significance in the the paintings on the wall behind the wedding group?

The photos in the Frogmore gardens are also lovely. Is the Mausoleum associated with The Duchess of Kent?

How nice for the names and details to be released.

The Duchess of Kent that is associated with the Drawing Room at Frogmore House and one of the mausoleums outside, was Queen Victoria's mother. She was also named Victoria and was married to King George III's son Edward Duke of Kent.

She died in 1861 and was great great great grandmother to Queen Elizabeth and to her cousins the present Duke of Kent and his younger brother Prince Michael of Kent, Gabriella's father. It's a bit hard to see the portraits but one of them is probably Queen Victoria's mother as a young woman.

The Duchess of Kent that is associated with the Drawing Room at Frogmore House and one of the mausoleums outside, was Queen Victoria's mother. She was also named Victoria and was married to King George III's son Edward Duke of Kent.

She died in 1861 and was great great great grandmother to Queen Elizabeth and to her cousins the present Duke of Kent and his younger brother Prince Michael of Kent, Gabriella's father. It's a bit hard to see the portraits but one of them is probably Queen Victoria's mother as a young woman.

So Gabriella had her wedding picture taken in her great, great, great great grandmother's drawing room, how lovely!

It is interesting to see the room.
We've seen wedding photos in the Windsor Castle Green and White Drawing Rooms and in Buckingham Palace. Have any other royal wedding photos been taken in The Duchess of Kent's Drawing Room?
Hugo Burnand, the same photographer was used by Prince William and Prince Charles and he has a good eye.

Peter Phillips' official wedding pictures were taken in Frogmore House but I'm not sure in what room.

I much prefer Lady Gabriella's formal wedding group picture to Harry and Eugenie's, it's nice and balanced in the centre of the room whereas H and E's were taken in a random corner and they just didn't look right to me.

For Harry's wedding, the problem may well have been an uneven number of people between the bride and the groom's side to photograph., and hence the need for artistic corners.

I much prefer Hugo Burnand's wedding photography style as well. More formal but bright family photos less fashion photography vibe.

I think Eugenie and Harry's photographers also took amazing shots.
I love the moody depth of the Green Drawing Room in the official photos of Harry and Meghan taken by Alexi Lubomirski and Meghan's veil was stunning in the church photo by Danny Lawson. That Green Drawing room was warmly embracing for the Queen's 90th birthday photos too.
Eugenie's group photos were more casual but happiness bubbled over. Alex Bramall did well.
It's a career high for any wedding photographer to cover a royal wedding and very nice of the couples to release some for public perusal.

I think Eugenie and Harry's photographers also took amazing shots.
I love the moody depth of the Green Drawing Room in the official photos of Harry and Meghan taken by Alexi Lubomirski and Meghan's veil was stunning in the church photo by Danny Lawson. That Green Drawing room was warmly embracing for the Queen's 90th birthday photos too.
Eugenie's group photos were more casual but happiness bubbled over. Alex Bramall did well.
It's a career high for any wedding photographer to cover a royal wedding and very nice of the couples to release some for public perusal.

The green drawing room in particular is lovely but I didn't like how the photographers placed their subjects in H and E's photographs. They didn't make the most of the lovely setting those rooms provide as everyone was just kind of standing in a random corner and in E's case the door was lying open behind them too which I also didn't like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom