King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan & Jetsun Pema: 13-15 October 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is utterly breathtaking in her beauty. And the robes they both wear (and his shoes!) are so stunning. According to Wikipedia, Bhutan is the only country in the world that attempts to measure "Gross National Happiness". This philosophy certainly shows in the joyous colors and patterns seen everywhere in Bhutan!

I love the moments when they are looking at each other and smile.

Congratulations Your Majesties!

Imagine the first pictures of their children. Wow, they will be absolutely beautiful.

It was a beautiful wedding. Thank you every body for having posted all these links!
I noticed on a pic that the new queen wore very impressive shoes!
Congratulations to both of them. They make a beautiful couple, and they are the promise of very beautiful children!

She is stunning..age just perfect for babies...21! You bet!

Wish them every happiness and hope they get to meet other European and Asian royals in the future.

Thanks to all for the pictures, info and videos! :flowers:

Queen Jetsun to me has been the most beautiful bride in 2011. She's just naturally stunning and I appreciate her natural grace - she looked a bit shy yesterday and still serene. The King of course looked handsome, too. They make a wonderful couple and I wish them all the best for their future together! :champagne:

I thought she looks fierce with nary a smile even when the King smile at her (during her crowning). In the video clip, her eye is piercingly sharp when she looks straight to the camera. So far, from all the release photos since their engagement, be it official photos or pictures of her visiting villages with the King, only saw from one official photo that she is smiling. She always seems distant and cold in those visits photo even when the King was smiling and shaking hand.

The new Queen is beautiful.

I thought she looks fierce with nary a smile even when the King smile at her (during her crowning). In the video clip, her eye is piercingly sharp when she looks straight to the camera. So far, from all the release photos since their engagement, be it official photos or pictures of her visiting villages with the King, only saw from one official photo that she is smiling. She always seems distant and cold in those visits photo even when the King was smiling and shaking hand.

Seems the song is mostly the same with a beautiful, newly-made Royal (except for one recent one). She's sad, she looks unhappy...blah, blah, blah...

The King is naturally gregarious. I don't know Bhutan's culture as regards women.

Well, what a wonderful event to behold! So much colour and culture in such a small nation! It's great to see a different kind of royal wedding! I love the amazing fabrics of their costumes and I especially like the king's shoes!

She is so beautiful. :flowers: Looks like a fairy tale wedding

Wedding celebrations in the streets of Thimphu, Bhutan, Friday, Oct. 14, 2011.
Thousands of locals lined the streets to greet the 31 year-old reformist monarch of the small Himalayan Kingdom that wed his commoner bride in a series of ceremonies Thursday.

daylife gallery

I think this is most important : "The king has finally got a companion who is from a noble family, and she has very good qualities," Bago Dem, a local resident in her 60s, told AFP. "They understand the problems of the people." (from hellomagazin article)

The royal couple looks really sweet and the wedding ceremony was so special and beautiful and it brings attention to their country,its art and tradition which has not been that much noticed in the West before....it will hopefully increase tourism to Bhutan which is good for the economy and making their culture more known and appreciated in foreign countries. Notice the delicate embroidery and clothes worn at the wedding,I loved every detail of the ceremony!I wonder if the bright shade of yellow worn by the king holds any special (religious) meaning or if he just chose it because he likes the colour?

KittyAtlanta said:
Seems the song is mostly the same with a beautiful, newly-made Royal (except for one recent one). She's sad, she looks unhappy...blah, blah, blah...

The King is naturally gregarious. I don't know Bhutan's culture as regards women.

Please do not put words into my mouth. I just said she did not smile much even in official pictures!! And it is the truth. When did I say that she looks sad and unhappy?

Notice the delicate embroidery and clothes worn at the wedding,I loved every detail of the ceremony!I wonder if the bright shade of yellow worn by the king holds any special (religious) meaning or if he just chose it because he likes the colour?

It was indeed lovely! The yellow is the colour of the monarchy in Bhutan. The yellow in the Bhutanese flag represents the king, and the orange is for the robes worn by the monks. So many gorgeous colours and prints on display.

...I just said she did not smile much even in official pictures!!
Maybe, but in a somewhat harsh manner that is discordant with the upbeat tone of the thread and of the event itself.
Your words: "looks fierce", "nary a smile", "eye is piercingly sharp", "always seems distant and cold".
To each their own of course, but it's a shame that Shangri-La appears to have passed you by on this most colourful and happy occasion.

v the new Queen
Images have been cropped from much larger pictures and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Bhutan Queen Ashi Jetsun Pema Oct 2011.jpg
    Bhutan Queen Ashi Jetsun Pema Oct 2011.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 6,885
  • Queen of Bhutan Oct 2011.jpg
    Queen of Bhutan Oct 2011.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,802
Last edited:
Kasumi said:
:previous:
That is not true.
Proof ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting :whistling:
Try to think about the cultural differences of the European and Bhutanese people -- before -- making so quick conclusions, if you please.

You are the one making quick conclusions based on the wedding photos. Go and look at the FB links I posted in the Kingdom of Bhutan in this forum, for photos which shows the King and her visiting places after their engagement, and you tell me how many photos showed her smiling with her people.

Btw, I am from Asia, not Europe.

Many beautiful pictures from the wedding,I like the vibrant colours and the couple looks very much in love!I could imagine the bride may be a little bit nervous at the wedding so she doesn´t smile all the time while her husband is more accustomed to the attention and his royal status, therefore he´s more relaxed and smiles more often.She is expected to look flawless all the time and I´m sure she feels that a lot of people are examining her so she wants to make everything right and now that she is married her life will change a lot for sure....it´s always a big step for a girl to get married!

Back
Top Bottom