King Constantine II of Greece and Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark: September 18, 1964

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite queen, wonderful! The King Constantine was handsome man!

Pictures of Anne-Marie getting dressed before the wedding with her mother and sisters. Margrethe is in blue and Benedikte is in red. I love these photos - it just seems so ordinary for a bride to be sitting with her family right before the ceremony as she puts on the finishing touches. :flowers:

(originally posted on the Royal Weddings Message Board)

What a beautiful couple. They were so young when they became King and Queen, it was a bit awesome for them, I think.

I like the pictures in colour becuase you can see the colour of dresses of guests and family

Anne-Marie and her father arriving at the church

(originally posted on the Royal Weddings Message Board, from the book Kongelige Bryllupper)

King Constantine & Queen Anne Marie's Pre-Wedding Ball, 1964

Does anyone have any pictures of the Pre-Wedding Activities of King Constantine and Princess Anne Marie of Greece in Athens 1964.

Here's a link to some pictures of the ball:
ball2

And here's the contents of that whole website, where you can see other pre-wedding festivities, the engagement ball, the wedding, and so on:
Untitled Document :flowers:

I think Anne-Marie was beautiful, but I don't like her dress for the pre-wedding ball. The sheer jacket she's wearing over it looks too big and makes it look like the dress is wearing her rather than the other way around.

I think Anne-Marie was beautiful, but I don't like her dress for the pre-wedding ball. The sheer jacket she's wearing over it looks too big and makes it look like the dress is wearing her rather than the other way around.

I agree.
I think the dress would be very beautiful though if it didn't have the jacket.

Actually, this wedding should be under Weddings of Members of Reigning Houses for the simple reason that when the event took place, the groom was King and the bride princess within a monarchy.
The argument doubles, in fact, because even though the Greek Monarchy is now defunct, Denmark continues to be a kingdom.

I find it a very nice gesture that Anne Marie was given to wear Queen Olga's emeralds and rubies in the pre wedding events, before she was actually part of the family . How nice from her future mother in law.
:flowers:

5 drops of emeralds already on Queen Alexandrine's necklace.
What a stone Frederika is wearing? on her necklace. Is it the stone of Roumany that failed on Queen Anne's wedding necklace?
Thanks for answer

Wow, I really like the priests at 0.13 ... and I think Queen Ingrid at 0.48 is standing next to her father, King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden (and not her husband King Frederik...)
The wedding gown is wonderful and would fit to CP Victoria...

Last edited by a moderator:
Frederika is wearing a sapphire that belonged to Marie of Roumania, it was a gift from her husband at their coronation. Sometime around late 40s or early 50s King Michael sold it and a Greek bussinesman bought it and offered it to Frederika. Lucky woman!!

that wedding deserve to be called the wedding of the century because i dont think they have been a wedding equivalent to this one you could say diana but end up in divorce or king of sweden but at that time he was affraid to make A GRAND wedding since politician were thinking about abolishing the monarchy and omg 18 to be marry thats like re=establish the whole victorian system of marry at young age

A very nice clip about the wedding, as posted by carlo on the GREMB:

EOA-HeNAA -

It is with the greatest pleasure that I finally took up some time to felicitate your site on the fine material it provides to its readers. This couple was and remains a marvel, a comment that I would like to extend to this marvelous era that has long gone. Seeing Athens in September 1964 and Athens in January 2011 may be quite painful to some of us, may I dare to state that the 1964 Athens belonged to a different planet or will it sound like an overstatement? Some or the readers will understand my point. I was also totally touched by watching this video for one more reason and this reason is Queen Ingrid of Danemark. By all means, my favorite Queen of all times. Thank you TRF for the opportunity of some glimpses at the Dream, the royal past as that should be called.:)

Anne Marie looked stunning! Her gown was beautiful and simple.

I was bound to believe in fairytales again then and there when I watched it,Tino and Anne Marie.It was one of the grand Royal weddings of the 60's,and I recall them all,starting with Princess Alexandra and Angus Ogylvie,King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola...oh heck...or was that the other way 'round...I watched it and I recall each vividly!.:ohmy:

Does anybody have any better shots of the guests? What about the full official photo? I've only seen it in a tiny form, I'd love to see it in a better size.

It seems that Grace attended the pre-wedding dinner, but missed the wedding ceremony.

Does anybody have any better shots of the guests? What about the full official photo? I've only seen it in a tiny form, I'd love to see it in a better size.

It seems that Grace attended the pre-wedding dinner, but missed the wedding ceremony.

I really hope I am not going against the forum policy, but I visited a site called "Glittering Royal Events" and there are a huge number of photos. You don't see them on the message board part, but the main part.

Mods: if I am breaking a rule, please delete, I am a newbie at computer stuff

I really hope I am not going against the forum policy, but I visited a site called "Glittering Royal Events" and there are a huge number of photos. You don't see them on the message board part, but the main part.

Mods: if I am breaking a rule, please delete, I am a newbie at computer stuff

this is the only one I've seen: index which doesn't have a lot of photos of the guests.

It´s a pity that for this particular wedding only very small and often blurry pics seem to be available....

thanks la Noblesse for your thread.

Do you think if King Paul did not die so young , the ambition of Queen Frederika could not exist and perhaps Greece will still be a Kingdom?

Wonderful video above ,I'd never seen it before and was struck by the crowds cheering and waving,make me wonder how it all went wrong a few years later.

Back
Top Bottom