Infanta Elena of Spain & Don Jaime de Marichalar 1995

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1. Queen Beatrix
2. Queen Noor of Jordan
3. Prince Charles
4. Queen Paola of Belgium

charles5vz.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1. King Constantino and Anne-Marie of Greece with Princess Alexia
2. Don Gonzalo de Borbon and wife, Emmanuella Pratolongo
3. Archdukes of Habsburg Francesca and Charles with Archduke Jorge
4&5. Princes Kyril and Rosario de Bulgaria
6. Princes Kubrat and Carla of Bulgaria
7. King Siméon and Margarita of Bulgaria
8. Prince Kardam and Princess Kalina
9. Princes Konstantin and Maria of Bulgaria

1. Duchess of Alba
2. Princess Tessa of Baviera with sister Maria Cristina and her husband Count de Odiel
3. GranDuchess Maria of Russia with her mother the GranDuchess Leónidas
4. Luis Alfonso de Borbón with Princess Victoria Dos Sicilias
5. Jaime Martinez-Bordiu and fiancé Nuria March
6. Dukes of Suarez with sons
7. Marquis of Saramanch
8. Karim Aga Khan

1. Archduchess Sofia de Habsbourg with husband Prince Hugo Windisch-Graetz
2. Princes of Norway
3. Princess Victoria of Sweden
4. Archduke Christian of Habsbourg abd wife Princess Astrid of Luxembourg
5. Simoneta Gomez Acebo with husband José Miguel Fernandes Sastrón
6. Prince Henri and Marie-Thérese of Luxembourg
7. Prince Pavlos of Greece and fiancé Marie-Chantal Miller
8. Don Jaime de Marichalar playing with his nieces who were bridesmaids

1. Menu
2 & 3. Main Table
4. The table presided by Prince Felipe
5. The table presided by Infanta Cristina

Small anecdotes

A page had to be carried in arms because he got too tired and frightened

The King looks at Duchess of Segorbe’s (daughter of Don Pedro and Dona Esperanza de Orleans) hand with pins in her harmed hand. The King also armed his hand while skiing.

Colorful Seville

Infanta Elena receives a gift – Manton de Manila. The lady that made the “Manton” didn’t want to charge for it saying “It is a big honor and I don’t charge honors”

It was much talked the fact that the bride and the groom did not kissed each other during the entire ceremony, not even at the moment of giving the peace. But here below we can see a picture from a TV image that shows Don Jaime kissing his bride when she arrived the altar.

:) Enjoy!:)

(All these pictures posted by me were scanned from Hola magazine and posted Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting)

Really interesting thread!!! The dress Infanta Cristina wore in the pre-wedding party is one of my favourites: she looks really beautiful with it, the same as the one she wore in her pre-wedding party!! I have some problems in watching the main part of the photos in this thread, is it a problem of the thread?
Thanks a lot

Excellent again, mtbcm! :)
Lots of precious photos indeed!
igilmo said:
I have some problems in watching the main part of the photos in this thread, is it a problem of the thread?
These are hosted by Imageshack. If you can't see them, try to refresh the page and wait a little while till it uploads everything.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for such beautiful and never before seen pictures mtbcm!:D

A picture of Reza Sha II, Princess Yasmine and Empress Farah at the royal wedding of Infanta Elena in Seville in 1997. Picture from farahpahlavi.org

mtbcm said:
It was much talked the fact that the bride and the groom did not kissed each other during the entire ceremony, not even at the moment of giving the peace. But here below we can see a picture from a TV image that shows Don Jaime kissing his bride when she arrived the altar

Can you please post this pic again?
Thanks in advance:)

And on another completely different thing: did you realized how young this generation's Royals looked back then? an example of that is this picture:
http://img277.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tablecrs7fj.jpg
Cristina is in red with a mantilla, and Haakon is at HER left (our right), I almost didn't recognize him!

Last edited:
WOW!! and is that Victoria the one in the pink with the LARGE black hat covering her face, next to Haakon?

JessRulz said:
WOW!! and is that Victoria the one in the pink with the LARGE black hat covering her face, next to Haakon?

Yeah, it looks like her, she was 18 at the time!

Infanta Elena de Borbón married Don Jaime de Marichalar (member of a noble family of Castile), on March 18th 1995, at the Cathedral of Seville. Doña Elena chose for that reason a Sevillian designer for her wedding gown: Petro Valverde.

Forty-two royal houses from around the world were represented in the Andalusian capital for the wedding of the year, thus demonstrating the international projection of the Spanish Monarchy.

Rafael Juliá was the restaurant in charge of the banquet, which was served to the 1300 guests, in the Reales Alcázares.

Further information bout the bride's dress and tiara can be found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/213587-post32.html

Just a few more wedding photos, from SeegerPress:

I thought that she had a beautiful wedding.

I absolutely love this wedding:) Cristina looked gorgeous on the pre-wedding reception and Haakon looked sooo young!:D

A few more photos from Olympia:

I remember reading an article about Infanta Elena's wedding day. It is hard to believe that eleven years have passed so quickly. Elena was a beautiful bride that day.

It's fun to look back, this is around the time I took an interest in the Royal Houses. A majority of these pictures I've never seen before. I'm glad I checked this out.:ROFLMAO:

I love the wedding pictures of Infanta Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar!

It is only 11 years ago and some of the royal family has aged a lot in that time. King Juan Carlos has changed the most.

...such a nice bride! I hope that they get still long married life in spite of the difficulties which Jaime have got after his attack...

Some photos from Australian Picture Library:

Last edited:
A few more from Australian Picture Library:

1. King Juan Carlos;
2-3. Queen Sofia;
4. the groom's mother, Maria-de-La-Concepción Saenz de Tejada, Countess of Ripalda;
5. the bride's grandmother, Doña María de las Mercedes, Countess of Barcelona;
6-7. Queen Noor of Jordan, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and Queen Paola of Belgium;
8. Prince Charles of England;
9. Prince Haakon of Norway, Prince Albert and Prince Rainier of Monaco, Reza Pahlavi, among other guests;
10. family photo.

By Australian Picture Library:

1-2. the little bridesmaids and pageboys (nephews of the groom);
3-4. group photos.

They seem more in love back then than now. Perhpas Jamie's medical problems have taken a toll on the marriage.

Really? What happened? Why was he so ill, I've really been out of the loop after reading about her wedding. Thanks

Eliza said:
They seem more in love back then than now. Perhpas Jamie's medical problems have taken a toll on the marriage.

Roshanah said:
Really? What happened? Why was he so ill, I've really been out of the loop after reading about her wedding. Thanks
In December 2001, he had a stroke, which caused a paralysis of the left side of his body. He was assisted in the Hospital Gregorio Marañón and, after that, they moved to the US, where he received physiotherapy treatments. Thankfully, he's now pratically recovered.

I don't know if it was already written, but do you know where both Infantas went for their honeymoons? I have never read anything about it... :question:

Back
Top Bottom