Felipe, Prince of Asturias & Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano: 22 May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by nouwrein@May 26th, 2004 - 7:14 pm
Thanks Xicamaluca :flower: but i can't open the pic, it says 'you are forbiddden to view this page' :(
Just hit the Refresh button at the top of your screen and you should be able to view the photo.

Does anyone felt like I did when you saw that kiss Felipe gave to Letizia???? I tought that Philip's kiss to Mathilde was a bit lame but know I've changed my mind. Felipe should've taken some tips from Frederick. That was a real kiss :heart: :p

I just found this pic of the wedding cake of Felipe and Letizia (thanks to Ademar in GREMB). The cake had 2m and more than 150kg. Was created by Francisco Torreblanca.

the cake

And lurking in el Mundo i foundo this great pic of the couple at the arrival to the Royal Palace, listening the "Gaiteros" playing the "Asturias, patria querida" (the anthom of Asturias) :flower:

happy couple

I totally agree with you. Frederik and Mary looked so in love and Felipe and Letizia looked like they didn't want to be there. (I mean during the wedding) A bit of a dissapointment if you ask me!

you know that but Felipe and his new bride wanted kissed but wont! because wanted remind of 3/11 training bomb you know that.

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by carlota+May 23rd, 2004 - 2:40 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carlota @ May 23rd, 2004 - 2:40 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by KathleenOday@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:35 am
<!--QuoteBegin-King Christian
@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:23 am
KathleenOday   Posted: May 23rd, 2004 - 2:14 am

Did I just miss them, or was there no United States representation at the wedding? Thought that was a wee bit odd.
I gather the wedding occurred 1 day after Spain withdrew its troops from Iraq. ;)

Ah, yes....forgot about that. All is clear now. :wacko:
in my opinion that was a really horrible attitute from the united states. the war has nothing to be with the spanish monarchy and as they have always had a very good relation under the past government it would have been correct that they send at least a member of bush's government, as nearly all the countries in america did. [/b][/quote]
Why would the US be invited? They are not family, and we don't have royals here.

Originally posted by sara1981@May 27th, 2004 - 9:38 pm
you know that but Felipe and his new bride wanted kissed but wont! because wanted remind of 3/11 training bomb you know that.

Sara Boyce
Really?? I don't really think that's the reason. Perhaps they were just shy to do it. But as a watcher, I was very very disappointed not to see it.

What other royal couples have failed to kiss for real at the balcony scene?

Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium and every other couple that got married before Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer. Charles and Diana were the first to kiss on the balcony that I know of. Even then it was a really fast kiss. You'd think it was long from looking at the photo, but I saw it in a video clip and it's not.

I think perhaps the couple was shy because of the culture of Spain and King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia being there. The King and Queen seem very prim, proper, "old school" monarchial style. There did seem to be affection on Felipe's and Letizia's part.

the majority populous in the US is Spanish .. of some sort.. I am sure there are representatives that went.. we are not aware of whom. Perhaps the Ambassador.. I agree that since Spain pulled out of the war.. it may have had something to do with it.

Originally posted by xicamaluca@May 27th, 2004 - 8:14 am
I just found this pic of the wedding cake of Felipe and Letizia (thanks to Ademar in GREMB). The cake had 2m and more than 150kg. Was created by Francisco Torreblanca.

the cake

And lurking in el Mundo i foundo this great pic of the couple at the arrival to the Royal Palace, listening the "Gaiteros" playing the "Asturias, patria querida" (the anthom of Asturias) :flower:

happy couple
no cake.. but a very interesting spiral of wood and decoration.. :)

I would like to see photos from guests of the Royal Families of Romania, Prussia, Liechtenstein and Austria, and of HRH Prince Michael of Greece, please.

Thanks in advance.

Stunning backdrops to springs' royal nuptials

The Spanish capital came to a virtual halt on May 22 as, resplendent in full military regalia, Prince Felipe pledged his troth to beautiful former journalist Letizia Ortiz.

And no visit to Madrid would be complete without a tour of the locations that played centre stage on that joyful day - the city's magnificent Almudena cathedral and the royal palace where the celebratory banquet took place.

Cutting a green swath across the slope behind the 18th-century palace are the classically designed Sabatini gardens, while the tranquil Plaza del Oriente, directly in front of the palace, is a great place to take in one of Madrid's wonderful sunsets.

Madrid is resplendent with scenic spots. Sip a cool drink in the historic Plaza Mayor, for example, or catch some sun in the fountain-filled Retiro Park where a plethora of street performers are on hand to entertain. Just a few steps away lies the famed Prado museum, home to the works of some of the world's greatest classical painters. Art-lovers will also enjoy browsing in the capital's equally renowned Thyssen and Reina Sofia galleries.

The long-awaited Madrid nuptials between Crown Prince Felipe and his bride Letizia Ortiz took place in one of Europe's most buzzing and vibrant capitals

The Spanish capital is renowned for its stunning architecture and striking skyline

The imposing Puerta de Alcala monument is one of city's defining landmarks

A popular destination for many visitors is the Bernabeu stadium, home ground of Real Madrid and David Beckham

After the wedding, a sumptuous banquet was laid out for guests inside the Palacio Real which, when not being used for royal celebrations, is open to members of the public

The fountain of Cibeles is just one of a series which dot the city's main thoroughfare. It is here that victorious Real Madrid players celebrate their success

With its elegant painted facade and centuries-old architecture, the Plaza Mayor, or main square, makes a great place to pause for a coffee in the warm Spanish sun

Located at the heart of Madrid, the royal palace forms an impressive feature on the city's western skyline

from hellomagazine

Originally posted by ulik+May 28th, 2004 - 10:31 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ulik @ May 28th, 2004 - 10:31 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-samitude@May 25th, 2004 - 10:18 am
Could someone post a photo of Queen Sofia on her wedding day so we can see the tiara?

did sophia and letizia wear the same tiara on their wedding days? [/b][/quote]
I believe so, but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody+May 29th, 2004 - 12:03 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moonlightrhapsody @ May 29th, 2004 - 12:03 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ulik@May 28th, 2004 - 10:31 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-samitude
@May 25th, 2004 - 10:18 am
Could someone post a photo of Queen Sofia on her wedding day so we can see the tiara?

did sophia and letizia wear the same tiara on their wedding days?
I believe so, but I could be wrong. [/b][/quote]
yes, letizia wore the same tiara. it was the prussian tiara.

Originally posted by nouwrein+May 26th, 2004 - 8:14 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nouwrein @ May 26th, 2004 - 8:14 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xicamaluca@May 26th, 2004 - 8:10 am
nouwrein, in this pic you can see the curtesy that Letizia and her father made when arrived to the cathedral :flower:

pic
Thanks Xicamaluca :flower: but i can't open the pic, it says 'you are forbiddden to view this page' :( [/b][/quote]
Me, too. It says I'm "forbidden to view". Everytime I see something like this, since I've been a member of LTR for some time now, I instantly get a tummy-ache, thinking I did something terrible. "Forbidden" is a very strong word and it scares me. I don't understand this at all.

Frightenly,
Elizajane :cry:

aparently they had a fight

Víctor Manuel de Saboya y Amadeo de Aosta, a golpes por un trono
Los dos puñetazos que el príncipe Víctor Manuel de Saboya asestó a Amadeo de Aosta en el Palacio de la Zarzuela, son el enésimo chispazo entre dos primos que se disputan los derechos dinásticos de Italia. Aunque Víctor Manuel nunca debió caer tan bajo -y menos en casa de los Reyes de España, delante de otros invitados a la boda del Príncipe de Asturias-, su enfado con Amadeo se debía a la convocatoria de una conferencia de prensa para presentar en sociedad al «heredero» de un trono que no existe.

Víctor Manuel y su hijo Manuel Filiberto lograron volver a Italia el año pasado tras una reforma de la Constitución, que prohibía la entrada a los herederos varones de la Casa de Saboya. Para facilitar el voto parlamentario, Víctor Manuel juró lealtad a la República italiana y prometió volver como mero «ciudadano de a pie».

Ante esa «traición», la Unión Monárquica Italiana y la Consulta de Senadores del Reino le destituyeron como jefe de la Casa Real y nombraron a su primo, Amadeo de Aosta. Desde entonces, Amadeo es el heredero según las instituciones monárquicas, mientras que Víctor Manuel y su hijo lo son según el sentimiento popular y el Estado italiano.

Poco antes del viaje a Madrid, Amadeo había convocado una rueda de prensa destinada a presentar a su hijo, Aimone, sucesor como aspirante al Trono, lo cual le convertiría en rival de Manuel Filiberto, trasladando la disputa dinástica a la siguiente generación.

Durante la boda en la catedral de la Almudena y el posterior almuerzo en el Palacio Real, el protocolo había mantenido separados a Víctor Manuel y a Amadeo. Por la noche, la cena familiar en el Palacio de la Zarzuela para unos cincuenta amigos íntimos y parientes -Amadeo lo es de Dona Sofía- , era un escenario más peligroso. Y al príncipe Víctor Manuel, que suele ser impulsivo, se le fueron las manos.

Originally posted by Bubbette+May 28th, 2004 - 5:00 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette @ May 28th, 2004 - 5:00 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by carlota@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:40 am
Originally posted by KathleenOday@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:35 am
<!--QuoteBegin-King Christian
@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:23 am
KathleenOday   Posted: May 23rd, 2004 - 2:14 am

Did I just miss them, or was there no United States representation at the wedding? Thought that was a wee bit odd.
I gather the wedding occurred 1 day after Spain withdrew its troops from Iraq. ;)

Ah, yes....forgot about that. All is clear now. :wacko:

in my opinion that was a really horrible attitute from the united states. the war has nothing to be with the spanish monarchy and as they have always had a very good relation under the past government it would have been correct that they send at least a member of bush's government, as nearly all the countries in america did.
Why would the US be invited? They are not family, and we don't have royals here. [/b][/quote]
well, as the usa had good relations in the past times and as many other presidents from america have been invited.....

Maybe they didn't kiss because of the lipstick of Letizia. I hardly cannot understand that a happy couple don't really kiss eachother on such an important private event as a wedding. Kissing my husband is a natural thing that shows my affection to him.

This incident happened, not in El Pardo, but in the private party that the Kings and the new wed couple gave in zarzuela, after the banquet in the wedding day ;)

I must say that this is a quite sad situation :wacko: A total lack of respect to the spanish kings :blink:

Originally posted by Elizajane@May 29th, 2004 - 1:52 pm
Thanks Xicamaluca  :flower:  but i can't open the pic, it says 'you are forbiddden to view this page'  :(
Me, too. It says I'm "forbidden to view". Everytime I see something like this, since I've been a member of LTR for some time now, I instantly get a tummy-ache, thinking I did something terrible. "Forbidden" is a very strong word and it scares me. I don't understand this at all.

Frightenly,
Elizajane :cry:
When that happens, try to refresh the page ;) Sometimes, the pictures of Getty Images stay like this (something in their sistem, i think) :wacko:

Goes to show you that even royals are no better than your everyday person huh? (Victor Emmanuel was also charged with shooting a German tourist from his boat in the early 1970s, which later resulted in his death, though he claimed that he thought the guy was an intruder. He was charged with the guys death and also unlawful or something like that possession of a gun.)

I can't read Spanish as in this article Carlota posted, but I read elsewhere that when King Juan Carlos heard about the fight he stormed out of the place shouting in Spanish "Never again" in regards to inviting the Savoys to an event. (The King's sister-in-law, Queen Anne Marie of Greece, "caught" Manuel who fell back in her arms, and later applied ice to him.)

What is the reason behind the disgruntled relationship between these two family members? I read elsewhere where Victor Emmanuel and Manuel were referred to as "rivals" -- why?

NEARLY 40,000 VOTES CAST IN ROYAL WEDDING POLL
31 May 2004
from www.hellomagazine.com

Whether romantic, elegant or traditional, its clear that royal weddings are a big hit with hellomagazine.com readers.

In our latest royalty poll, asking our readers which recent wedding – that of Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz, or of Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson – was best, a whopping 40,000 voters logged on to make their opinion known.

While those following our coverage obviously enjoyed the pomp and circumstance of both royal nuptials, it was Felipe and Letizia's stately May 22 ceremony in Spain which came out on top, winning 57 per cent of the vote.

Frederik and Mary's romantic wedding, held in Copenhagen one week prior, was preferred by nearly 17,000 of those who logged on, scoring 43 per cent.

About Felipe's speech, the quote below is exactly my thoughts, I copied it from Royal blue forum from a poster called Bis

This was IMHO a speech from a mature and sinsere man. It wasn't a speech only to his wife, but after having spoken for both of them, he did continue with speaking first to her thus showing she's the most important for him. And after that he again spoke for both of them thus in a very natural way stating that they are a couple.

About being most romatic, this speech is, even if I wouldn't considder it being romantic, IMHO at least a more romantic speech than the one copied straight off from a book CPF gave. Where most of it where about himself and one should be glad he at least remembered to call them John and Mary and not X and Y.

All the best
bis 

I can assure you that the only part of his speech CPF didn't copy straight off from a book was the part about Joergen Jurgensen, and the last sentence which according to Maria was from a Danish song

All the best
bis 

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 1st, 2004 - 3:57 am
About Felipe's speech, the quote below is exactly my thoughts, I copied it from Royal blue forum from a poster called Bis

This was IMHO a speech from a mature and sinsere man. It wasn't a speech only to his wife, but after having spoken for both of them, he did continue with speaking first to her thus showing she's the most important for him. And after that he again spoke for both of them thus in a very natural way stating that they are a couple.

About being most romatic, this speech is, even if I wouldn't considder it being romantic, IMHO at least a more romantic speech than the one copied straight off from a book CPF gave. Where most of it where about himself and one should be glad he at least remembered to call them John and Mary and not X and Y.

All the best
bis 

I can assure you that the only part of his speech CPF didn't copy straight off from a book was the part about Joergen Jurgensen, and the last sentence which according to Maria was from a Danish song

All the best
bis 

You really don't have many nice things to say about Frederik and/or Mary, do you?

Back
Top Bottom