Duchess Eugenia Martinez de Irujo & Francisco Rivera Ordoñez 1998

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crisiñaki

Heir Apparent
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
This is the thread for the wedding of Eugenia Martinez de Irujo, Duchess of Montoro and only daughter of the Duchess of Alba and the bull-fighter Francisco Rivera Ordoñez.

The wedding took place on the 23th of October of 1998 in the Sevilla Cathedral.

Among the guests were the Dukes of Lugo, the Duke of Huescar, Princess Beatriz of Orleans and many bull-fighters like Enrique Ponce and Jesulin de Ubrique with their respective wives

Curious fact #1: they couldn't get married in the major altar because it is reserved for the members of the Royal Family
Curious fact #2: they ride in a carriage but used mules instead of horses because the latter are reserved for the members of the Royal Family

Last edited by a moderator:

Source: Diez Minutos

1-2. The happy couple
3. The Groom talks with Cayetano Martinez de Irujo, his brother in law while the Bride talks with Carmen Ordoñez, her mother in law
4. Eugenia arrives the church with her brother Cayetano
5. Francisco arrives the church with his mother Carmen
6. Left: Eugenia in her wedding day in 1998
Right: her mother Cayetana on her first wedding in 1947
7. From L-R: Cayetana, Duchess of Alba; Cayetano Martinez de Irujo, Count of Salvatierra; Eugenia Martinez de Irujo, Duchess of Montoro; Francisco Rivera Ordoñez, now Duke of Montoro and Carmen Ordoñez, the groom's mother

Thanks for the pics, Crisiñaki. Carmen was one of the most pretty and elegant ladies of Spain. It was a pitty the way she died. :(

From cover

Regina said:
Thanks for the pics, Crisiñaki. Carmen was one of the most pretty and elegant ladies of Spain. It was a pitty the way she died. :(

How did she die?

I like her dress. The tiara is nice as well, but it looks too busy w/ the gown....it pulls the eye away from the dress.

Saturn said:
She was highly addict to narcotics specially heroin.

HEROIN !!!!!

I thought she had a big depression, she gained much much weight, and she was addicted to sleeping pills, but HEROIN:eek:

I remember, I had the Hola of the wedding, I did not know who are the persons, except the ALBA family (because of Goya paintings), but I was so impressed !!! Carmen Ordonnez was wonderfull, a dream, much much better than the bride. And the groom, nice, very handsome.

I do not speak Spanish, but I managed to read that Eugenia's vale belonged to Emperess Eugenia of France, who was Spanish born, coming from Eugenia's paternal family, and her tiara, Extremely impressive, a regal tiara, belonged also to????? forgot:D

Very very nice wedding, it is a pitty that all ended bad, Carmen died at the age of 49, and Eugenia and Fran Rivera splitted up.

Yeah and Fran is dating now one of her first cousins on her father's side: Blanca Martinez de Irujo:eek:

Wait......They are not together anymore and he is dating one of her cousins? How tacky is that?!

Zonk1189 said:
Wait......They are not together anymore and he is dating one of her cousins? How tacky is that?!

And Blanca isn't better looking than Eugenia so...
Yeah, it's tacky as heck!:rolleyes: ;)

crisiñaki said:
And Blanca isn't better looking than Eugenia so...
Yeah, it's tacky as heck!:rolleyes: ;)

Did he leave Eugenia for Blanca? I am sorry..this is just so wild to me. If one of my cousins or sisters did that to me...well...we would have MAJOR ISSUES and family get togethers would be extremely uncomfortable :)

Zonk1189 said:
Did he leave Eugenia for Blanca? I am sorry..this is just so wild to me. If one of my cousins or sisters did that to me...well...we would have MAJOR ISSUES and family get togethers would be extremely uncomfortable :)

No, he didn't leave Eugenia, she dumped him for his infidelities; he crawled, begged but no avail and started dating Carla Goyanes and many others and then he got together with Blanca, his relationship with the Alba House is still great and he was even a witness on Cayetano's wedding (Eugenia's brother).

Well his relationship to the Alba House must really be great since he managed to be with Eugenia and now moved to Blanca without any uncomfortable feelings.

crisiñaki said:
Yeah and Fran is dating now one of her first cousins on her father's side: Blanca Martinez de Irujo:eek:

Gee I wonder what family reunions are like?? :rolleyes::D
Maybe they should go on Jerry Springer!

(From elmundo.es )

Carmina (as Carmen was called) in her wedding day with Paquirri, the father of Francisco.

Carmina with Francisco

Carmina with Francisco and Eugenia. Carmina always wanted to see his son together again with Eugenia. She said in many interviews they were born to stay together.

So has the Duchess remarried or is she dating?

Zonk1189 said:
So has the Duchess remarried or is she dating?

She's dating a man called Gonzalo Miro, she's 12 years older than him
The girl got taste, I gotta credit her for that ;) :D

She does have great taste in men (at least in regards to looks). She is also not bad looking..not drop dead pretty..but she has classical features. Good bone structure.

Hereditary Mapmaker said:
So does this mean that she and Francisco are divorced? or just separated?

Mapper

They have been legally divorced since the 21th of December of 2005

Zonk1189 said:
She does have great taste in men (at least in regards to looks). She is also not bad looking..not drop dead pretty..but she has classical features. Good bone structure.

Eugenia is Miss Universe compared to Blanca, she doesn't have the Fitz-Stuart (the family name of the Duchess of Alba) genes :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Crisnaki...you are very knowledable about this family :)

Okay..last two questions..I think. Any pics of Blanca? and the name Fitz Stuart..is very English....descended from the Royal House of Stuart?

Zonk1189 said:
Crisnaki...you are very knowledable about this family :)

Okay..last two questions..I think. Any pics of Blanca? and the name Fitz Stuart..is very English....descended from the Royal House of Stuart?

Thanks Zonk, I just read Hola and Diez Minutos a lot:rolleyes: ;)
For Blanca:Pics of her with Fran

And for the Fitz-Stuart surname check this out
http://www.jacobite.ca/essays/fitzjames.htm

The Current Duchess of Alba is Doña María del Rosario Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart y Silva

I hope I've been of help;) :D
And BTW, you'll see "con G de E", that means con Grado de Excelencia, they should be called Excellent Sir/Madam

And a curious tidbit: the Duchess of Alba and QEII are childhood friends, weird isn't it? :)

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
She's dating a man called Gonzalo Miro, she's 12 years older than him
The girl got taste, I gotta credit her for that ;) :D

Yes, Gonzalo Miro is a very handsome boy. He is very young and seems that still he is a bit lost in the life.
His history is very hard, since he remained an orphan of mother being a teenager and he never had recognized father. His mother was an important director of cinema, Pilar Miro. Pilar Miro was the manager of the television retransfer of the weddings of the Infanta Elena and the Infanta Cristina. I am thinking about remembering thatshe died soon after the wedding of the Infanta Cristina, and the Dukes of Palm were present at her funeral. Gonzalo had family small and since then he has lived protected and surrounded for the friends of his mother. His tutor was Felipe Gonzalez, ex-president of the Spanish Government. The Kings also have worried for him, since Pilar Miro had been a companion of studies and was a friend of the King.
In spite of having supports of very important people the boy seems a bit lost, dedicated to doing studies related to the cinema and to working as model or image of parties.:confused:

crisiñaki said:
1. Left: Eugenia in her wedding day in 1998
Right: her mother Cayetana on her first wedding in 1947
2. From L-R: Cayetana, Duchess of Alba; Cayetano Martinez de Irujo, Count of Salvatierra; Eugenia Martinez de Irujo, Duchess of Montoro; Francisco Rivera Ordoñez, now Duke of Montoro and Carmen Ordoñez, the groom's mother
Don't you think that in the first picture, from this angle, Eugenia looks a lot like Letizia? Especially if you look at her nose and cheek.

Olka said:
Don't you think that in the first picture, from this angle, Eugenia looks a lot like Letizia? Especially if you look at her nose and cheek.

Yes, indeed. The chin and the lips are very similar in that photo. :)

A pic of Carla Goyanes and Eugenia (right) and one of Fran at a press conference:

Source: Hola

Back
Top Bottom