David, Viscount Linley & The Hon Serena Stanhope: 8 October 1993

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks mtbcm for the great scans. Would anybody here be kind enough as to identify the people In the official PHOTO? Appart from the royal family and the bride's father, I can't recognize any of them. Thanks in advance.

The really elderly man is Lord Harrington, and the woman behind him seems to be his current wife (either that or Serena's stepmother). The blond man next to him is the bride's brother, William. The next guy is the best man. Then the bride and groom. I think the elderly lady is Eileen, Serena's grandmother (her other grandmother died in 1992). The lady in blue-grey is Serena's mother, Virginia. The bridesmaid on the farthest right is Lady Frances, David's half-sister.

i don't mean to be rude but i have to disagree with everyone, i really dislike Serena's dress!

I didn't care for it either. The top part wasn't too bad, but the tulle skirt is really awful. And I thought she could have had a more relaxed hair do. She looked like Ivana Trump and almost as old, even then.

thank post pics by anybody,I have a question,
who was belong in the tiara?
I never ever saw Queen elizabeth II wore it any time.

Someone should have at least got a chair for margaret to sit on the official potraits!!!

They usually have seated guests in pairs, so if Margaret sat, that would have been 3, an odd number. Besides, Margaret's health problems didn't start until 1998, and you can't sit if the Queen is standing unless for medical or age reasons due to protocol.

liquorice said:
thank post pics by anybody,I have a question,
who was belong in the tiara?
I never ever saw Queen elizabeth II wore it any time.
The tiara belonged to Margaret, who received it as a present from the Queen Mum.

yes the dress looks similar to princess margarets. the only difference is that there is a raised v-neck collar and a tulle skirt instead of a satin skirt with an overlay of organza

IMO one of the most beautiful brides ever. This gown is how a princess should look like. Thank God they´re still married.....:angel:

IMO one of the most beautiful brides ever. This gown is how a princess should look like. Thank God they´re still married.....:angel:

Yes, she looked lovely. As for their marriage lasting, I think it could be something to do with having less media attention as, say, Diana. The younger royals seem to have a better track record marriage-wise than the more senior ones. Mind you, look at the Queen, the Kents and the Gloucesters.

Anyone know who the children are in the Linley Wedding?

Iam not sure But I believe They have two children, a boy and girl.

It's a nice gesture that she wore a similar gown to her mother in law but,I wish she wore an original gown made just for her.She should have her own style.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Viscountess Linley's Gown

As I've said before, it's a nice tribute to wear a similar wedding dress you're mother-in-law wore, however I feel all brides should have their own style of a wedding dress. Nevertheless, the gown in general is very beautiful. I find it very lovely and elegant. I especially love the skirt. The tulle makes it very fairytale-like. Not fond of the back of the gown however. I also thought the hairstyle was awful, but the tiara is very stunning. Even though Margaret's wedding gown is one of my all time favorites, Serena's dress is not. However, her gown is still very beautiful.

The outfit was a hit on her head, a miss on the top of the gown and a hit with her skirt. I think it's odd to imitate your mother in laws dress and not someone from your own family. Either way I think it would have been a 10 if it weren't for the shinny coat.

I agree. Not saying all mothers in law are from hell but why do it? why not go for something of your own style or choose some favoured historical period or theme to use? and it sorted of suited Margaret but looks a bit odd on Serena....

I don't know why.... But I always felt David played a part in the dress being an homage to his mothers wedding gown. I'm not sure if I read it or if I just assumed.

Weird. I also think that her hair was Way too fussy looking. perhaps it could not be helped if it is very long but it was piled too high and just looked a bit cottage loaf like. perhaps a bun at the back of her head would have looked better.

Back
Top Bottom