Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just saw again the lovely waltz. i'm in love. i could watch the clip all day! so beautiful.

noor attended on her own, but i saw her speaking to letizia and felipe when entering the banquet hall. i took several pictures and will post later.

ohhh, the wedding dress was just perfection - the more i look at it, the more i like it. thanks for posting the picture of the shoes - they are gorgeous. i wonder if victoria wore them all day in the palace the days before so that her feet won't hurt when using it for the first time in a wedding which lasted 10 hs! they are in fact a copy of the blue ones she used in the boat reception on thursday.

The weeding was wonderful. And Victoria a beautiful bride. I love the dress.
Thanks all for the pictures, links and videos.
For me the best dressed was Madeleine and Charlene. The rest was very disapointing.

Does anyone have a video of Victoria's and the King's arrival to the church and stepping out of the car?

Where can I find Daniel's speech?

Here:
Prins Daniels tal - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play

Photos:
BILDEXTRA: Kortegen + slupen « Bröllopsbloggen
BILDEXTRA: Vigseln « Bröllopsbloggen

An expert says that Daniel´s speech was one of the best speeches ever held in Sweden.
Experten hyllar prins Daniels tal - Bröllopet - Expressen
Google Translate

Felipe, the gentleman
Daylife
Daylife

Nice photo of queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf watching The wedding waltz
Svd
The King and Ewa Westling
Svd

Daniel is widely praised by experts because of his speech:
Daniel en ”gudagåva till prins” - DN.se
Google Translator

Daniel and Carl Philip at the Cathedral
GP
Kisses (gallery) during the day:
GP
Finnish newspaper has listed the most handsome men at the wedding
Iltalehti

Last edited by a moderator:
Without meaning to hurt anyone's feelings, I felt this wedding looked like a petite bourgeoisie event. There was no style and nothing majestic about it. Even the newscasters looked funny. The groom's outfit, particularly the shirt, coat and huge bow tie made him look as if dressed for a costume party with rented paraphernalia. The princess looked ok although her tiara was gawdy and rather grotesque. Her gown was nice but did not look royal. Alas, all magic about royalty is vanishing.

daniel seems to speak very good english! i wonder if it was because they practised or he speaks good english from school?

OMG! I just watched the wedding and it was exquisite! What was the crown that Victoria was wearing? What was The Queen wearing? And who was the lady in orange? She had the most beautiful emeralds. Victoria looked absolutely beautiful.

OMG! I just watched the wedding and it was exquisite! What was the crown that Victoria was wearing? What was The Queen wearing? And who was the lady in orange? She had the most beautiful emeralds. Victoria looked absolutely beautiful.

Victoria was wearing the Cameo Tiara.
The lady in green was Queen Sonja of Norway.
Queen Silvia wears the Braganza Tiara.

The dress of Vicoria was very plain, it disappointed me. I think I've seen hundreds of commoner brides with similar dresses. But that's not too bad, it may just mean that Victoria is a womam more interested in substance (love for Daniel) than in appearance.
The good news is that the cameo tiara looks good on Victoria! I was so worried she would have chosen it, because I thought it was a bad tiara, but as I said, it looks good on Victoria!
The real royal touch to the wedding were the incredible jewels! I've just seen pics until now, now I'm looking for videos where I can see all those diamonds shining. Can someone help?

Queen Silvia was wearing the emeralds and was in orange.

LadyGabrielle asked
clarification
Queen Silvia was in pink with the large pink amethyst necklace and the Braganza tiara and the orange pleated dress was worn by Queen Sonja of Norway with the emeralds that she always wears.

Lumutqueen, don't you mean Queen Sonja of Norway? Queen Silva was wearing pink with the Braganza tiara.

clarification
Queen Silvia was in pink with the large pink amethyst necklace and the Braganza tiara and the orange pleated dress was worn by Queen Sonja of Norway with the emeralds that she always wears.

I do mean Sonja.
All the S's confused me slightly. It's been a long night.

Yay Sweden !

Congratulations and Celebrations to Victoria and Daniel !!:flowers: May they have a long and blessed union, also people of Sweden I hope you all had a wonderful day of love and celebration. rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!:winkiss:

Without meaning to hurt anyone's feelings, I felt this wedding looked like a petite bourgeoisie event. There was no style and nothing majestic about it. Even the newscasters looked funny. The groom's outfit, particularly the shirt, coat and huge bow tie made him look as if dressed for a costume party with rented paraphernalia. The princess looked ok although her tiara was gawdy and rather grotesque. Her gown was nice but did not look royal. Alas, all magic about royalty is vanishing.
Most of the royals also looked kind of abraded by time - or I am getting old. There wasn't one extraordinary appearance by anyone.There wasn't one royal that really made us dreamtaken.There is no doubt about the happiness of the event and the success but it was not like in days of yore.Back then they could take your breath away. And Princess Irene was in absentia.It might be a sign of the times.. that the royals are going through what everybody else is...The newscasters were long on the tooth.. too much commentary.When they began to waltz King Gustav came in and could waltz better than the young couple .......... The wedding cake was quite plain and the undecorated- just many tiers and no embellishments..Maybe the wedding theme was simplicity.

Most of the royals also looked kind of abraded by time - or I am getting old. There wasn't one extraordinary appearance by anyone.There wasn't one royal that really made us dreamtaken.There is no doubt about the happiness of the event and the success but it was not like in days of yore. And Princess Irene was missing .

I can think of two outfits that were extraordinarily bad. ;) :lol:

I was a total geek and watched the whole wedding online via stv although I could not understand a word. I enjoyed every moment of it ..and now to be cheesy ;" love is the one language that we all understand." Congrats people who gave us Abba, Ikea and Volvo ...

I was just wondering, does it depend on the country or the time of the wedding, as to what the guests wear?
I've been looking at Princess Letizia's wedding and some guests just wore smart suits and not full length ball gowns.
But for weddings such this one or Princess Mary's, everyone wore full length ball gowns.

Does anyone have any pic of Princess Noor of Jordan?

Other videos of yesterday ball at the Royal Palace?

Back
Top Bottom