Crown Princess Beatrix of The Netherlands & Claus von Amsberg: March 10, 1966

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Princess Beatrix was an absolutely beautiful bride!

In July 1966 Queen Juliana broadcast on television and radio that Princess Beatrix was engaged to the diplomat Claus-Georg von Amsberg.
"I assure you," Juliana told the people. "It is a good thing." :queen3:

A crowd of only 2,000 cheered Beatrix and Claus on the balcony.
An effort to raise $350,000 for the bride produced $20,000.

This is so absolutely not true. From their Wedding Gift the Princess and the Prince decided to donate 1 million guilders (1 million guilders in 1966 corresponds to 3 million US Dollar today) in projects for handicapped children "in the West" (= Suriname and the Netherlands Antilles) plus 60.000 guilders to the Catholic Foundation for the Handicapped Child in Vught (province of North-Brabant).

For themselves the couple received tableware, designed to their wishes, for family use at Dakensteyn which could serve up to 48 couverts. The gift was made by four chosen Dutch industries:
- crystal tableware from Leerdam Glassworks in Leerdam - artist: Andreas Copier
- bone china tableware from Mosa in Maastricht - artist: Edmond Bellefroid
- silver tableware from Kempen & Begeer in Voorschoten - artist: Carl Begeer (existing design from 1926 - modified to the Princess' wishes)
- damast tableware from Van Dissel Linen Industries in Eindhoven - artist: Kitty van der Meijl-Dekker

Here three of these couverts on one of the damast table linens: https://www.serviezendomein.nl/afbeeldingen/Beatrix-logo-IMG_0925.jpg

On all these four sets (crystal, china, silver and damast) the monogram cb is used, see detail: https://www.serviezendomein.nl/afbeeldingen/Mosa Bellefroid Beatrix en Claus 2927.jpg

Later the Princess ordered additional tableware (28 more couverts, plus silver serving trays, crystal wine flagons, etc.) with the same design and the logo cb. This fits in the tradition that each generation adds new elements to the immense crystal, silver, china and damast collection. This is the addition of WA and Máxima 350 (!) couverts existing of 14 pieces per couvert: https://www.serviezendomein.nl/afbeeldingen/Blossom-Panache-servies_compleet.jpg

Last edited:
Beatrix had 6 Bridesmaids,some of our Dutch posters might know if Eugenie Loudo and Eugene Loudo are still alive?

Princess Christina of the Netherlands +2019
Princess Christina of Sweden
Christina von Amsberg
Lady Elizabeth Anson
Joanna Roell
Eugenie Loudo

Beatrix had 6 Bridesmaids,some of our Dutch posters might know if Eugenie Loudo and Eugene Loudo are still alive?

Christina von Amsberg
Lady Elizabeth Anson
Joanna Roell
Eugenie Loudo

Eugénie Mary barones van Tuyll van Serooskerken née jonkvrouw Loudon (1941) is still alive and lives at Castle Heeze, some 10 km from Eindhoven: https://www.heeze24.nl/upload/thumb...ffa460913_db01ba_LuchtfotoKasteelHeezemei.jpg

Nice picture of Lady Eugénie: https://www.alamy.com/international...-loudon-date-july-24-1962-image341561267.html

Last edited:
I recognize King Baudouin ,Queen Fabiola ,king Constantine II,Prince Albert,Princess Paola ,Prince Juan Carlos,Princess Sofia,Crown Prince of Norway,Duchess of Kent and the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg :previous:
Also Prince Charles of Luxembourg, Princess Alexandra of kent with Sir Angus, Prince Michael of Kent, Infanta Margarita of Spain, Princess Margaretha of Sweden with husband

Also Prince Charles of Luxembourg, Princess Alexandra of kent with Sir Angus, Prince Michael of Kent, Infanta Margarita of Spain, Princess Margaretha of Sweden with husband

I've just spotted Prince Michael of Kent alongside his sister Princess Alexandra and is that the Infanta Margarita behind Prince Bernhard?
Sir Angus is over beside King Constantine II?
Also is that Princess Irene of Greece at the back behind the duchess of Kent?

I've just spotted Prince Michael of Kent alongside his sister Princess Alexandra and is that the Infanta Margarita behind Prince Bernhard?
Sir Angus is over beside King Constantine II?
Also is that Princess Irene of Greece at the back behind the duchess of Kent?
Yes for the first three. Not sure about Princess Irene of Greece because i don't recignize the man next to her and Princess Irene It is not the Duke of Parma who is standing before them.
And near Prince Juan Carlos and Princess Sofia are Princess Aschwein and princess Simone zur Lippe-Biesterfeld.

Between the two princesses Irene is standing the Aga Kahn.
In addition to Pss Margaretha of Sweden there was also Pss Christina, as one of the bridesmaids. She is standing between Pss Benedikte and Pss Christina of the Netherlands.

I believe it is not Infanta Maragrita but her elder sister Infanta Pilar who is photographed.

I recognize King Baudouin ,Queen Fabiola ,king Constantine II,Prince Albert,Princess Paola ,Prince Juan Carlos,Princess Sofia,Crown Prince of Norway,Duchess of Kent and the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg :previous:

From L to R standing , no idea,Angus Ogylvie,King Constantine,Queen Juliana,King Baudoin,Beatrix & Claus,Queen Fabiola,Prince Bernhard,Queen Anne Marie,Princess Alexandra and Prince Michael of Kent.

Second row...Prince Carlos Hugo de Bourbon Parma,Prince Harald,Princess Marina of Kent,Princess Armgard,the paternal grandmother of Beatrix,Mrs Gosta von Amsberg,mother of the groom,Princess Christina of The Netherlands,Grandduches Josephine Charlotte,Grandduke Jean,Infante Pilar,Princess Desiree of Sweden..?..not sure,Prinxcess Margriet and Mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven.

top row...Princess Irene, Karim Aga Khan,two I forgot..sorry..,Princess Benedikte,.two bridesmaids...fill me in...Princess Paola and Prince Albert,Princess Sophie and Juan Carlos,Princess Simone and Prince Aschwin,paternal uncle of the bride.

Christina von Amsberg
Lady Elizabeth Anson
Joanna Roell
Eugenie Loudo

Loudon,the name is Loudon.

From L to R standing , no idea,Angus Ogylvie,King Constantine,Queen Juliana,King Baudoin,Beatrix & Claus,Queen Fabiola,Prince Bernhard,Queen Anne Marie,Princess Alexandra and Prince Michael of Kent.

Second row...Prince Carlos Hugo de Bourbon Parma,Prince Harald,Princess Marina of Kent,Princess Armgard,the paternal grandmother of Beatrix,Mrs Gosta von Amsberg,mother of the groom,Princess Christina of The Netherlands,Grandduches Josephine Charlotte,Grandduke Jean,Infante Pilar,Princess Desiree of Sweden..?..not sure,Prinxcess Margriet and Mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven.

top row...Princess Irene, Karim Aga Khan,two I forgot..sorry..,Princess Benedikte,.two bridesmaids...fill me in...Princess Paola and Prince Albert,Princess Sophie and Juan Carlos,Princess Simone and Prince Aschwin,paternal uncle of the bride.

The not sure in the first row is James Ambler and on the second row it is Princess Margaretha of Sweden not Princess Desirée and next to her Infanta Margarta of Spain.

The not sure in the first row is James Ambler and on the second row it is Princess Margaretha of Sweden not Princess Desirée and next to her Infanta Margarta of Spain.

Good,you are right,there you go,list complete!

Last friday march 10th was the 56th wedding anniversary of HRH Princess Beatrix and the late Prince Claus.Can´t believe it is already 20 years since his passing.I recall the day so vividly.

Back
Top Bottom