Crown Prince Haakon of Norway & Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby: 25 August 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a video where I can see the departure of the church???
Thanks!!!!!

this was 9 years ago time fly by

did they make a official weddingbook?
if so can it be bought today?

I have always loved her wedding dress. So simple, yet elegant. She looked beautiful, imo.

I would like to know why Haakon and Mette-Marit arrived together to the ceremony, while in Harald and Sonja's wedding it was King Olav who accompanied the bride to the altar. And when Martha-Louise got married, she went to the alter with her father. So what's the tradition in Norway? Can the bride and the groom choose how will be their arrival?

When they were exchanging rings,is it normal in Noway to put the wedding band on the right hand?

I would like to know why Haakon and Mette-Marit arrived together to the ceremony, while in Harald and Sonja's wedding it was King Olav who accompanied the bride to the altar. And when Martha-Louise got married, she went to the alter with her father. So what's the tradition in Norway? Can the bride and the groom choose how will be their arrival?
I don´t know how exactly it works in Norway, but I guess that it´s pretty much the same as here in Denmark, so I´ll give it a go: Yes, they can choose how they will arrive. In Denmark you´ll see some bridalcouples arriving together when one or the other has been married before or if they already have a baby/child together :)

When they were exchanging rings,is it normal in Noway to put the wedding band on the right hand?
Again I don´t know how it´s in Norway, but I guess it´s the same as in Denmark, where it´s normal to have the weddingring on your right hand. I know that our RF have them on the left hand, but the normal danes have them normally on their right hand :)

I've seen the pictures and I must say haakon looks different without his beard

Her gown was one of my very favorites ... after Princess Grace. It was a work of art in it's simplicity.

She's in my top 10 best royal wedding dress as well.

Mette-Marit's dress was simply gorgeous. Imo it was the perfect choice - the dress is timeless and classic.

It certainly was a beautiful and simple gown. The veil was absolutely exquisite. Not certain if I liked the bouquet though. A bit odd and somewhat dull in the photos. However Mette-Marit looked lovely and the Prince was very handsome in his uniform. A wonderful couple indeed.

Last edited:
My preferred wedding dress of all times.... the second is Lady Sarah Chatto's !

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Tiaras at Haakon & Mette-Marit's Wedding

This replica looks wonderful!

https://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongeli...er/Billeder/Kongelige/2009/BRUDEKJOLER/5.ashx

My best dressed were,Sophie,Victoria,Madeleine,and Silvia.

Sonja was interesting but not my favorite.And the worst was Martha Louise,what was she thinking!

Plus I thought Maxima looked boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wedding dress was gorgeous but I don't like the bouquet !

The wedding dress was gorgeous but I don't like the bouquet !
I agree! Never liked that bouquet but the dress is awsome, esp how the train "flows" out on the floor.

I agree! Never liked that bouquet but the dress is awsome, esp how the train "flows" out on the floor.

I didn't get that bouquet. Perhaps it would have been better if it was a different color? :question:

I agree. It is not at all a replica of Mette-Marit's wedding gown. Nor is it as regal. Maybe the sleeves and neckline do pose some resemblence. However this so called "replica" gown looks more suitable for an evening gown as opposed to a formal wedding gown. The way in which it "hugs" the figure definitely adds an air of sex appeal as opposed to formal wedding attire.

This "replica" definitely has a different vibe, a sensual flair, both in the silhouette and the fabric, making it, IMO, less appropriate for a royal wedding (especially when compared to the original). In a different context...I like this dress.

I also wish them all the best and many many years together. For me it was the most transparent weeding i have ever seen!We have had the chance to see a lot of photos from the wedding ceremony, from de wedding party, from the preparation of the bride etc With all this, they shows a lot of respect for the norwegian people. Congratulations!

Do you think Mette-Marit's veil was heavy for her? It looked like a light fabric but it was very long, and it was only attached to her hair so her head was doing all the word.

:previous: That is a really good point! I agree that the fabric of the veil looks light but it can't have been too delicate as it would not have survived the pull from her head and the drag along the ground. I doubt it was too heavy as her neck would have hurt! I've not seen any footage of the wedding but none of the photos I have seen indicate it was heavy. Perhaps someone experienced with fabrics might know...

Back
Top Bottom