Crown Prince Haakon of Norway & Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby: 25 August 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, i guess that's because the designer is the one who just designs the dress. he may have been told how the bouquet was, but he didn't design it himself.

carlota said:
it looked timeless and that's the most important thing in a wedding dress. not only timeless but classy and elegant.

I very much agree with you, carlota. The dress isn't something you're going to think back on and say: "well, it was 2001, it was the fashion," as one tends to do with dresses from certain other eras... (such as the 80s with its big, ruffled dresses).

Simple, classy and elegant. Something which has also spread to Mette-Marit's ballgowns as well...

Larzen said:
This is the interview that Haakon and Mette-Marit did right after their wedding and which was in the official book about their wedding “Det Kongelige Bryllup” which Alexandria has bought and scanned the Norwegian pages for me to translate. It is not word by word, and to make it easier for me I have written Q from Question from the interviewer Frederik Skavland and MM and H for Haakon and Mette-Marit, although the actual text is not written this way but like a whole text. Skavland has edited the interview so not everything that they said are in this finished interview, he is also the “voice” of the interview when there are not actual questions and answer. I have also left out some smal parts which I did not manage to translate properly

Since it was quite a lot of text to translate I would appreciate if it was not posted elsewhere.

To be continued

Thank you immensely for this translation Larzen! :)

Finally I can understand the text other than just drooling over the pictures! :p

Both Haakon and Mette-Marit seem to be very reflective about their wedding and intent on enjoying the day as any regular couple. I think in that sense they come off as very humble, down to earth individuals.

She has a Grace Kelly aura about her. That elegant, iced look of a real lady. She certainly has transformed herself. She is truly an asset to Norway.

I just saw a photo of their wedding cake for the first time before (at least as it was being put together). The layers were supported by intricately carved dragons! They looked like the dragons at the end of the stave churches.

Really beautiful, of course I like Norwegian dragons since I'm part Norwegian.

I really like Mette-Marit's dress. Not because it is something I would pick out for myself, but rather because of how perfect it is for her.

I love the wedding dress, but i have never liked the boucuet (sorry about the spelling...).

I love Queen silvias Dress, it´s one of her best dresses the resent years i think:)

Re the bouquet: During the wedding, meaning when they all were in the church, the tv commentators didn't know what is was at first either. But after a while the palace released info on it that it was traditional and that's why Mette wanted it.

Btw, looking at all the pictures of the guests I have a question. During the pre- wedding events you can see Alexandra and Joachim of Denmark among the guests who left the hotel - the youth party at Skaugum comes to mind. But I never saw pictures of them at the wedding itself. Did anyone find pics of them? Or did they leave Oslo before saturday? :confused:

Ms Griffin said:
Re the bouquet: During the wedding, meaning when they all were in the church, the tv commentators didn't know what is was at first either. But after a while the palace released info on it that it was traditional and that's why Mette wanted it.

Btw, looking at all the pictures of the guests I have a question. During the pre- wedding events you can see Alexandra and Joachim of Denmark among the guests who left the hotel - the youth party at Skaugum comes to mind. But I never saw pictures of them at the wedding itself. Did anyone find pics of them? Or did they leave Oslo before saturday? :confused:
The were only there for the first two days of the prewedding celebrations.

Thanks kwanfan. But isn't that weird? They get invited for all the pre- wedding stuff, but when it comes to the actual wedding it's: Byebye, see ya around. :confused: Oh well, it would have been nice to see Alex in a pretty gown and with her tiara. :)

Wasn't Mette's friend Linda (Tavernik?) her bridesmaid? She helped her with the veil and train and wore a purple gown with stola.

A the women who took one of the hottest royals away. I liked mm's dress, simple and elegant.

:D:D:D Princejohnny25.

Re Mette's friend Linda: I looked and on p.3 post 49 (Mandy) they are 2 pics of her and Larzen posted on p.4 post 62 and 64 each one, too. But in the latter 2 one can only see her back. Oh and apparently it wasn't purple, it was a shade of blue. ;)

Ms Griffin said:
Thanks kwanfan. But isn't that weird? They get invited for all the pre- wedding stuff, but when it comes to the actual wedding it's: Byebye, see ya around. :confused: Oh well, it would have been nice to see Alex in a pretty gown and with her tiara. :)

Joachim and Alexandra were both invited to the wedding. But Joachim had to go back to Denmark to act as regeant since Frederik was the best man and Margrethe stayed on at the wedding.

I guess Alexandra could've stayed; nothing required her to go back to Denmark with Joachim since she doesn't need to perform any official acts when he is regeant.

But it isn't so unusual for a royal to come to parts of the wedding but not for all of them. Queen Beatrix went to Felipe and Letizia's pre-wedding ball but did not attend the wedding because of other commitments back in the Netherlands.

Videos

The video links aren't working for me :mad: Could someone post some new one pleez.

Thanks for the pictures! Mette-Marit was most definitely my favourite Royal bride of recent years, everything about her look was stunning.
Does anybody know if a member of the Jordanian Royal Family attended?

This is one of my favourite shots from the entire wedding:
http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=939yg.jpg

Little_star said:
Thanks for the pictures! Mette-Marit was most definitely my favourite Royal bride of recent years, everything about her look was stunning.
Does anybody know if a member of the Jordanian Royal Family attended?

This is one of my favourite shots from the entire wedding:
http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=939yg.jpg

Totally agree with you! The perfect bride, in a perfect dress and... the perfect groom ;)

Mette-Marit is easily my favourite bride of recent years. The dress is so simple and elegant and suits her perfectly. So are the groom and Marius!
Mette-Marit was really a very beautiful bride. She was positevely glowing with happiness!:)

Thank you to all for the lovely pictures and to Larzen for your translations. Haakon and Mette-Marit are a wonderful couple. The pictures of a tearful Mette-Marit at the wedding and the dinner are touching to me.

I think her carrying a garland instead of a bouquet was very interesting and unique. It showed an independent spirit in her.

We still get wonderful pics, after 5 years! Wow! Thanks Elsa M!!!!
The 3 and alst pics are wonderful!

Originally, I did not like her wedding gown, but I now cannot imagine her in anything other. She was a beautiful bride and is a classically beautiful woman. I admire Haakon for marrying outside of the box.

Dear Elsa,

Thank you for bringing up new photos.

You know love weddings, all weddings, but these Princes Generation Weddings are so wonderfull and brides looked Real Princesses.

The only thing I wouldn't choose was the bride garland but, can you believe , now, 5 years after the wedding I can't imagine other bouquet for Mette-Marit?!

Thank you:)!

mtbcm

Alexandria said:
Queen Beatrix went to Felipe and Letizia's pre-wedding ball but did not attend the wedding because of other commitments back in the Netherlands.
Beatrix didn't go back to the Netherlands. Her goddaughter's wedding was scheduled the same day as Felipe's and she attended it. It was the wedding of the daughter of Lady Elizabeth Anson, IIRC, Fiona Shakerley.

Princess Märtha Louise, the week she became fashionable:) I wish she would wear something this dramtic again

Guests
Crown Princess Victoria leaving the banquet
Princess Laurentien Leaving the banquet
Morten Andreassen with Eva Sannum (what an idea to wear that back-less, side-less and almost front-less dress to a royal wedding where you might bump in to the prospective mother in law, the Queen of Spain:blink: she did have the body for it though )

Berntsen-VG Scanpix-Nettavisen

what a great dress... the more i see it, the more i like it. mette marit looked lovely.

Back
Top Bottom